It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver up over a dollar in the last hour currently at $22.28

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How high will it go, help me out ATS.
Seriously, could it get back to the high $40 range? Higher?
KITCO
$22.30 at 19:22 est.
When do I consider selling?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

hey, I noticed that silver run today too! I have a friend who is a stock trader, and he predicted today that silver has a technical stage set to run up before the Feds meeting to between 25 and 27, before falling back down again, only to have another bigger run after that. Who knows how high? US$40 is certainly possible. *shrug*

This friend I mention trades every day. I am more of a buy and hold guy, but I already bought silver to hold for sure. Plenty

edit on 21-7-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added the last part

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You don't if you're considering selling it for dollars. Defeats the whole point of getting it in the first place.

Precious metals should be quite higher than they are against the dollar given inflation and other factors IMO... And it's my suspicion as to why it's not.

If you bought it against the dollar in the first place, I'd hold, but that's just me.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I have been buying silver for years. I have no plan to sell any of it at any price. The silver is held to protect my family in case the SHTF and as a hedge against inflation.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just listed a few of my lower grade bullion and coins today on Ebay. Testing the market to see if people are willing to buy this high.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice! I have acquired a fair amount over the last several years with the price being so low and normally I agree with the hold, however I am not getting any younger and I can't take it with me.

I was just curious as to what ATS'ers thoughts were as to a possible peak. It would be nice to take my bride on a couple unplanned vacations while I'm still able to enjoy them.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I have been buying silver for years. I have no plan to sell any of it at any price. The silver is held to protect my family in case the SHTF and as a hedge against inflation.

That is how I have been my whole life but at this point how much do I need, and No one to really leave it to.

I want peoples guesses as to where they see this topping out over the next year or 2.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I want peoples guesses as to where they see this topping out over the next year or 2.

Without trying to sound dramatic... I don't see any reason as to why I don't see a bubble pop in the next few years.

I think a dollar collapse in my lifetime is possible as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
How high will it go, help me out ATS.
Seriously, could it get back to the high $40 range? Higher?
KITCO
$22.30 at 19:22 est.

Another thing to watch is the Silver to Gold ratio. I'm waiting for a possible 60 or 50:1 as long as Gold doesn't go up to much and silver reaches $40-50. You can then convert most of your silver into gold.

Gold Silver Ratio

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Are you 92 or 12...makes a big difference....

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Are you 92 or 12...makes a big difference....

I have the attraction of a 92 year old with the maturity and intelligence of a 12 year old. But the government views me as a 31 year old, so do with that what you'd like.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's affecting trading....like the GBPJPY.....Comex is about to fail and Silver is out of the manipulators control.....cheapest ebay 10 oz is 267......27 bucks.....covers 3

Going wild in a month or less for price forecast

Stosh, baby

bucks of their shipping........a reply to: stosh64

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm glad I spent that stimulus money on crypto and silver and continue stacking silver and sats. I'm actually getting a return on savings.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Precious metals are going up.
Stocks are about to crash.
As soon as the first live round goes off in the China War.
I would think by this time next week.
Hong Kong will be crawling with US troops.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, I'm pretty sure were about to spend another trillion....

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I live in Mexico. Just found out that 1 oz. silver coins (called Libertad, like the US version) are easily available at banks here. Wish I'd known all along last couple of years.

I am in a position what's I could sink a large chunk (maybe $1,000usd) into coin over the next few days - smaller amounts in different places. This has me pondering it more intensely.

If we get stuck down here and our USDs crash, having something solid could literally be a lifesaver.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wish i had more, sold most of my silver during 2008 thing... now all I have is a few old coins I bought out of the register at work. a few ounces tops

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I go to Tijuana every other week and get them for about $19.95 - $21.50 each. Banco Aztec at Electra

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, I'm pretty sure were about to spend another trillion....

Just one?

I'd actually be pleasantly surprised if the government and fed just came out and said "for the next couple months, we're gonna cap our spending at a trillion till we actually get a real tangible plan".

I'm gonna say conservatively we spend another six on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yep.

Trump is spending like a liberal and we're letting him do it. I'm pretty sure liberals don't care, but 6 trillion since taking office is a record.

<<   2  3 >>

join