It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal ‘jack-booted thugs’ are roaming Portland, kidnapping. Where is the NRA now?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

...can we please not compare angsty teenaged wannabe anarchists and property destroyers with some bizarre Stockholm Syndrome where BLM is concerned with German Jews? Can we do that? Trying to compare the two, frankly, makes you look like a total dumb ass.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Portland City Council just passed a decree, telling local police to not help federal agents in any way.

Like I said earlier, the federal government should just let Portland authorities handle whatever happens there. Let them come to Washington and beg for help after the city is overrun with Anarchy.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder if the FED would accept citizen support in these cities?

The people against the left wing terrorism in the country need to mobilize.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Yep, we've discussed it in another thread. The hatred for ANTIFA and BLM seems to be blinding many that this is not a good thing. I miss old ATS.

It's hatred for lawless rioters who are burning and looting property as well as throwing improvised explosives and other weapons to include, bats, rocks, hammers, lasers etc. If it was "peaceful", there would be no need for the feds to defend Federal property.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

With headlines like “27 police officers injured during peaceful protest”
Someone else said it as a joke but I mean it: We have fallen thru a portal and warped into clown world.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

When Amon Bundy and his thugs took over a federal office and trashed it as protest they were freedom fighting patriots standing up to a tyrannical federal government.

Left leaning people protest excessive police violence including murder and the protestors are terrorists who should be rounded up by secret military police.

Checks math...doesn’t add up.

If the secret police are just catching actual criminals why have many been released with out being charged? Maybe because they aren’t catching criminals? Maybe because they were sent to intimidate protesters like jack booted thugs?

Yeah...see they released the people they arrested AFTER asking them questions. No torture,no camps. They want the organizers,not the small fish btw.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Judge issues order restraining force used by federal officers in Portland

Under the new order, federal officers are barred from arresting, threatening to arrest or using physical force against someone who they should “reasonable know” is a journalist or legal observers unless they have probable cause that person has committed a crime. Journalists and observers are also not required to follow orders to disperse nor can a federal officer tell them to stop documenting the protest.

One small step for democracy and the First Amendment, one giant leap to still be had against authoritarianism.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

When Amon Bundy and his thugs took over a federal office and trashed it as protest they were freedom fighting patriots standing up to a tyrannical federal government.

Left leaning people protest excessive police violence including murder and the protestors are terrorists who should be rounded up by secret military police.

If the secret police are just catching actual criminals why have many been released with out being charged? Maybe because they aren’t catching criminals? Maybe because they were sent to intimidate protesters like jack booted thugs?

Yeah...see they released the people they arrested AFTER asking them questions. No torture,no camps. They want the organizers,not the small fish btw.

Of course they released them. They had no legal authority to detain them without charge.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Liquesence

Just sounds like you're pissed that your buddies are being rounded up and hauled off to jail.

I'm angry American citizens exercising their right to peacefully protest, including veterans and mothers, are met with authoritarian tactics by the federal government, yes.

As you should be.

Your definition of “peaceful protest” and my definition of “peaceful protest” have two completely different meanings.

Authoritarian tactics are being used against Americans exercising their rights. This should concern everyone.

I didn’t know protesters were exempt from curfew laws, news to me. If you’re out past curfew, you just threw your protesting rights away, you are no longer a protester.

You seem absolutely clueless about the difference between “rioting” and “protesting”. You don’t like the feds protecting federal property, guess what? Tough #hit, they have every right to do so regardless of how “authoritarian” you think they are. If you’re not part of the solution or the problem, then go the # home. Simple as that.

Show me proof of a peaceful protester that’s allowed to be where their at, at the time their there, being detained and having their rights violated. Show me proof of all these gross human right violations you speak of.
edit on 23-7-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I didn’t know protesters were exempt from curfew laws,

I didn't know the feds in camo without identification were authorized to enforce local curfew laws.

You seem absolutely clueless about the difference between “rioting” and “protesting”. You don’t like the feds protecting federal property

I've condemned violence and destruction of property, which is not protest, if you pay attention. That said, the feds are doing more than "protecting" federal property.

Show me proof of all these gross human right violations you speak of.

Watch the videos. Read the reporting. See the lawsuits. See my previous posts.

And

Or just, authoritarianism is cool and ok now because Trump. Got it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Judge issues order restraining force used by federal officers in Portland

Under the new order, federal officers are barred from arresting, threatening to arrest or using physical force against someone who they should “reasonable know” is a journalist or legal observers unless they have probable cause that person has committed a crime. Journalists and observers are also not required to follow orders to disperse nor can a federal officer tell them to stop documenting the protest.

One small step for democracy and the First Amendment, one giant leap to still be had against authoritarianism.

A shame tear gas can't discriminate between rioters, protestors and journalists. Neither can stray pepperballs.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

If they run, they're rioters... if they stand still, they're well disciplined rioters.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In addition to the Dept of Justice investigation, the court ruling today in regard to journalists and observers, the latest is accusations of war crimes as a medical tent was intentionally destroyed with pepper spray.

As for the wording armed conflicts, not sure there, although the DHS tweeted photos of gas masks and an aluminum shield and stated force was necessary as people were armed with these items.
Newsweek

An article in the 1998 International Criminal Court Statute says "intentionally directing attacks against ... hospitals and places where the sick and the wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives" constitutes a war crime in both international and non-international armed conflicts.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

I didn’t know protesters were exempt from curfew laws,

I didn't know the feds in camo without identification were authorized to enforce local curfew laws.

You seem absolutely clueless about the difference between “rioting” and “protesting”. You don’t like the feds protecting federal property

I've condemned violence and destruction of property, which is not protest, if you pay attention. That said, the feds are doing more than "protecting" federal property.

Show me proof of all these gross human right violations you speak of.

Watch the videos. Read the reporting. See the lawsuits. See my previous posts.

And

Or just, authoritarianism is cool and ok now because Trump. Got it.

Justify these rioters BS all you want, I say eff em up if they don’t disperse. They’re not protesting jack #, especially not exercising their constitutional right to “peacefully” protest. These babies are out to destroy any city that doesn’t pander to their ridiculous demands. Period.
edit on 23-7-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
As soon as people equate US cops with pepper ball guns to SS military units with rifles I'm out.

In that entire group of "jack booted thugs" only one of them is armed and probably to deal in case of a rioter shooting first. JBT's shoot to kill first.

edit on 24-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Of course they released them. They had no legal authority to detain them without charge.

The sad thing is you posted that proudly.
You realize victims are mostly democrats, right?
The longer this goes on, the more democrats will be killed or lose their businesses, the better Trump looks. But carry on, it’s not my problem.
I will, however, remind and taunt you about this every day for the next 5 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is a good start.
They are there to get the job done.
Hopefully they end it .
Unfortunately , the lawless cannot and will not understand.
No offense meant...

Wow! What a weird turn around by some folks here on ATS, when Dems were in charge there were all these concerns about Jade Helm( not a thing) , and many Ppl here packed with conspiracy theories about military take over and the need to grab that AR ...I'm absolutely fascinated by the turn around, watching in real time, a bunch of suburban Moms getting tear gassed cuz they locked arms and asked embarrassing questions.

Ooh and that ex- Navy guy ??... ( thank U for Ur service ) a tall brave man with a giant heart , took the blows but did not flinched, whose body could be broken but not his will , was beaten and chemically attacked, for asking questions of unidentified fatigued wearing strangers from out of state, put there by the Feds.
edit on 24-7-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is a good start.
They are there to get the job done.
Hopefully they end it .
Unfortunately , the lawless cannot and will not understand.
No offense meant...

Wow! What a weird turn around by some folks here on ATS, when Dems were in charge there were all these concerns about Jade Helm( not a thing) , and many Ppl here packed with conspiracy theories about military take over and the need to grab that AR ...I'm absolutely fascinated by the turn around, watching in real time, a bunch of suburban Moms getting tear gassed cuz they locked arms and asked embarrassing questions.

Ooh and that ex- Navy guy ??... ( thank U for Ur service ) a tall brave man with a giant heart , took the blows but did not flinched, whose body could be broken but not his will , was beaten and chemically attacked, for asking questions of unidentified fatigued wearing strangers from out of state, put there by the Feds.

Really ?
Got any proof that I was one ?
Hint: There is none.
Never , ever assume anything about anyone .

What are you talking about ?
Are you OK ?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I said it. He's not going to get his way with it. He can't just do willynilly like his buddy Putin here. We have a firm structure in place to keep the Federal Government under scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
In addition to the Dept of Justice investigation, the court ruling today in regard to journalists and observers, the latest is accusations of war crimes as a medical tent was intentionally destroyed with pepper spray.

As for the wording armed conflicts, not sure there, although the DHS tweeted photos of gas masks and an aluminum shield and stated force was necessary as people were armed with these items.
Newsweek

An article in the 1998 International Criminal Court Statute says "intentionally directing attacks against ... hospitals and places where the sick and the wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives" constitutes a war crime in both international and non-international armed conflicts.

So you are saying the rioters are now petitioning to be labeled as enemy combatants of the state so they can get geneva convention ruling. That would be so disasterous for them if the succeded because they would all legaly be put in body bags. The so called medical aid workers could also be charged with providing comfort to the enemy.

I am certain they should not go down that route.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join