It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal ‘jack-booted thugs’ are roaming Portland, kidnapping. Where is the NRA now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

When you march with a mob and refuse to disperse under lawful order....thus kind of stuff happens.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When you are in the middle of a mob you should leave.

Do you expect the police to stand around and question them in situ so their mob associates can assault them?

What would you recommend?

Mob?

When I am nonviolently and peacefully exercising a Constitutional right in public with others I have that right to do so.

Protesting on a public street is not the same as those who go onto federal property to cause damage. The former have a right and should not be assaulted.

edit on 21-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

When you march with a mob and refuse to disperse under lawful order....thus kind of stuff happens.

Hence state and local police.

Not federals agents in military uniforms, who are there to protect federal property, not to engage in policing of American streets.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Not federals agents in military uniforms, who are there to protect federal property, not to engage in policing of American streets.

Did you support the Obama Admin's efforts to force "reforms" on state and local police? If so, how did that not constitute the feds "engaging in policing of American streets?"

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why can’t they protest somewhere else ? Who’s provoking who here ?

edit on 21-7-2020 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: Na

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Do you expect the police to stand around and question them in situ so their mob associates can assault them?

Mob?

When I am nonviolently and peacefully exercising a Constitutional right in public with others I have that right to do so.

Protesting on a public street is not the same as those who go onto federal property to cause damage. The later have a right and should not be assaulted.

Actually, the moment you receive a lawful order from a LEO, regardless local, state, or federal, you are required by law to immediately comply with that order. If you believe your Rights are being violated, you work through the courts after the fact... numerous court rulings at all levels have made that fact clear.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

They were refusing to act and it put federal property in danger.

Eventually they will also face civil rights claims as they shirked their duties of governance.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You mean former, not latter.

When given an order to disperse, that order must be followed or you risk arrest. Its always been this way.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Did you support the Obama Admin's efforts to force "reforms" on state and local police? If so, how did that not constitute the feds "engaging in policing of American streets?"

Unfamiliar with that, but nice attempt to change the narrative to Obama.

Actually, the moment you receive a lawful order from a LEO, regardless local, state, or federal,

How does one know it's a lawful order, if one cannot identify the agency under which the order was issued by an agent lacking identification?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

They were refusing to act and it put federal property in danger.

Eventually they will also face civil rights claims as they shirked their duties of governance.

Protesters simply being on the street were not putting federal property in danger.

You know that, c'mon.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

With the medial proof that the covid-19 masks are of little effect, is the wearing of masks basically hiding ones identification? Saw video clips of yuts dressing up as senior citizens wearing covid masks buying liquor in stores (beats the hell out of finding someone of age to do it for you).

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I did mean former.

When given an order to disperse, that order must be followed or you risk arrest. Its always been this way.

True. But Federal agents generally don't have the authority to police American streets, which falls to state and local LE; they protect Federal property and enforce federal law, not general LE.

And they general identify themselves as LE.

edit on 21-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

As a libertarian NRA member, let me just say that I fully support the Federal government detaining insurrectionists, terrorists, and individuals attacking federal property. Since doing so in a more traditional sense would result in them being attacked by a mob of other insurrectionists, the only logical way I see is to whisk them up and take them away as is being done.

If you have evidence of them being mistreated or held without charges, im all about hearing about it. But im not prone to feeling sympathy with terrorists and vandals who destroy public or private property, and terrorize an entire city.

If you want to wear the stain of defending that, feel free.

This ^^^ -- all of this.

Cannot be said enough, and you said it so well.

I will only add that both the State and Feds have a Constitutional mandate to guarantee and protect every citizen's right to a republican form of government. The State should have taken care of this, but they refused; if they could not handle it alone, they should have requested help from the Feds; barring both of those scenarios, the Feds really have no choice but to take it on themselves.

These terrorists and thugs have declared themselves an authority unto themselves, committed multiple felonies, put everyone in the vicinity in danger, and denied every property owner, business owner and taxpayer in that community many rights.

This a necessary and proper use of Federal law enforcement. And my default position is (almost always) that if the Feds are involved, it's their fault. Not this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

lulz

wheres freedom fighting force antifa to smesh the nazis?

link   

Where is the NRA now?

The same place they are when people who aren’t white are getting murdered by agents of the government.

At home, probably laughing with their GOP buddies with a bank account full of Russian cash.

link   
Imagine if groups of right wingers were vandalizing and burning Planned Parenthood clinics in Portland.

Would the mayor turn a blind eye to that?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Gothmog

This is a good start.
They are there to get the job done.
Hopefully they end it

Echoes from the past Gothmog.

Be careful. And I mean this, sincerely.

You know when you accuse everything of being Nazi you look like a #ing retard?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Unfamiliar with that, but nice attempt to change the narrative to Obama.

Actually, the moment you receive a lawful order from a LEO, regardless local, state, or federal,

How does one know it's a lawful order, if one cannot identify the agency under which the order was issued by an agent lacking identification?

Video of the agents I have seen are wearing id patches on their camo jacket sleeves.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
literally;

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Look, allow me to just go ahead and bring out the sledgehammer, since you're being bluntly obtuse. If you're participating in an assembly on a public street and a group of individuals wearing riot gear, with tear gas, tactical shotguns, ARs, etc and simply tells your group to disperse, you either disperse or you're an effing waterhead. I mean, seriously... they're not ordering people to hand over their money or vehicles, they're not slapping your momma's ass or grabbing your wife's chest, they're not the ones destroying public and private property, so it would take a special type of special individual to try to argue "D'uh, I couldn't quickly identify them as law enforcement and did not know their jurisdiction." On your own property? Sure, chief, I'll stand and applaud as you shoot it out and I'll even root for you to fertilize your own lawn with the blood of your invaders for years to come... but on a public street? Who TF do you think is going to order dispersal of a rowdy group on a public street in the middle of the night, the goddamn Girl Scouts?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join