It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal ‘jack-booted thugs’ are roaming Portland, kidnapping. Where is the NRA now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Probably somewhere sipping manhattans because it's blacks and lefties protesting their rights.

Back in 1995, the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre complained, “The government is full of jack-booted thugs in bucket helmets” trampling on our constitutional rights.

Now we see presumably federal government agents, this time in military camouflage, wearing no badges, forcing peaceable protesters into unmarked vehicles in Portland, Oregon. Where is the NRA and all those who complained then?

NBC

Mouths shut, evidently.

It was only a few years we were all panicking on here about the prospect of Federal Troops invading Texas under the name Jade Helm, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, silence.

This is where it all starts.

'Secret police force': Feds reportedly pull Portland protesters into unmarked vehicles, stirring outrage

Lincoln Project Rebukes Trump for Sending 'Paramilitary' in 'Unmarked Vans' to Portland: 'This Is How It Starts'

U.S. Homeland Security confirms three units sent paramilitary officers to Portland

Federal Officers Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab People In Portland, DHS Confirms

Portland Mayor demands US President Trump withdraws troops after officers accused of 'kidnapping' protesters

What? We're just going to keep shut and ignore what's going on here? The militarization of the police and federal forces is an inevitable path towards totalitarianism. We all know this. We've all been talking about it for years on here. NRA fans have been on about it for yonks. Yet silence? Why? Because the shoe is on the other foot.

edit on 21-7-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yep, we've discussed it in another thread. The hatred for ANTIFA and BLM seems to be blinding many that this is not a good thing. I miss old ATS.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a good start.
They are there to get the job done.
Hopefully they end it .
Unfortunately , the lawless cannot and will not understand.
No offense meant...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This is a good start.
Hopefully they end it

Echoes from the past Gothmog.

Be careful. And I mean this, sincerely.

+42 more 
link   
Portland is a breeding ground for leftist radicalization, the marxist/communist movement needs to be squashed.

It's actually comical seeing you suddenly trying to bring the NRA into this, Portland is getting what they deserve and any other democrat run city.

The Mayor failed that city and in doing so, push the Feds hand.

Post like these are expected from you and rightfully so, you ignore the dangerous radicals and go straight for what is percieved as Justice agaisnt Thugs.

My only issue is not getting a chance to sign up and take out the trash that Antifa and their ilk is.

+25 more 
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Yep, we've discussed it in another thread. The hatred for ANTIFA and BLM seems to be blinding many that this is not a good thing. I miss old ATS.

Why ?
Old ATS would most likely , and for the most part , been on the side of lawfulness.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Federal ‘jack-booted thugs’ are roaming Portland, kidnapping. Where is the NRA now?

They're with the right wing militia and now authoritarian apologists who claim they should also be on the streets armed against the protesters, the Marxist mothers, veterans, and those exercising their Constitutional rights.

They will be right along with the feds attempting to subjugate America simply because it's subjugating "the left."

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
50+ days of violent protests, US Citizens being threatened daily, and Federal Property being destroyed and damaged. The cities Mayor and States Governor refuse to do anything other than watch. If the state and city want the Feds out, then maybe, just maybe, they should allow their police to go and stop the insurrection that's taking place under their noses.

Your asking where the NRA people are at, they are watching the Feds go in and take care of business. Do you really want the entire state on Oregon to descend on Portland and violently deal with the protestors? I bet some people here would love to see that kind of blood bath just so that they can continue to cry about how guns are bad.

Trump told the state to deal with these insurrections or he will, and what did the states do... nothing. Instead of acting like this is the worse thing in the world, why do you ask why doesn't the local and state governing bodies care enough about the law abiding citizen to lift a finger to put a stop to the insurrections?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You mean the same NRA that deranged leftist want to do away with? I thought you guys would be happy that they are not getting involved.

+16 more 
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Gothmog

This is a good start.
Hopefully they end it

Echoes from the past Gothmog.

Be careful. And I mean this, sincerely.

What has German soldiers of pre-1945 got to do with the US situation in 2020 ?
You been asleep for 75 years ?
Or , just oblivious ?

link   
Well isn't that just Deplorable ?

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I do not like this, but if the Mayor had allowed the police to do their job there would be zero reason for them to be there.

They are there to protect federal buildings and monuments that the rioters have repeatedly tried to burn down or destroy, so if you really want to blame someone start with the mayors office that failed to do their bloody job.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

As a libertarian NRA member, let me just say that I fully support the Federal government detaining insurrectionists, terrorists, and individuals attacking federal property. Since doing so in a more traditional sense would result in them being attacked by a mob of other insurrectionists, the only logical way I see is to whisk them up and take them away as is being done.

If you have evidence of them being mistreated or held without charges, im all about hearing about it. But im not prone to feeling sympathy with terrorists and vandals who destroy public or private property, and terrorize an entire city.

If you want to wear the stain of defending that, feel free.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well in the over two weeks they have been there, they have escalated the tensions, are being sued, they are under investigation for excessive force by the justice department and as it looked yesterday causing a hundreds if not a thousand more people to come out and protest.

Not sure about getting the job done. It's worse now.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Did you not see the Director's Press Conference today?

DHS are Federal Police and have every right to investigate and arrest anyone who has committed a crime on Federal property. Point blank, they are going after and arresting criminals.

www.facebook.com...

On the note of the "NRA". Overwhelmingly most members of the NRA are law abiding citizens and gun owners not lawless rioters.
edit on 21-7-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I mean I understand it although I don't agree with it. Those muppets were trying to basically decentralise from the US...

Who the actual f*** would try to do that without any proper backing?

How stupid must you be to try to go and fight the state, WITHOUT THE BACKING OF EVEN THE PEOPLE IN THE AREA????

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

LOL. A bit disingenuous with that comparison. One was imprisoning people in camps and killing them for no other reason that hate. The other is stopping people from looting and burning their country down. If you can't tell the difference then your part of the problem.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

He doesn't ask because he is a partisan. He has degraded himself into warping the story around these events just so he can paint his political opponents in a bad light.

Typically, he won't even defend his own thread....departing after the OP to let the # thats been stirred to swirl around in his absence.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

A bit disingenuous with that comparison

It has to start somewhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Well in the over two weeks they have been there, they have escalated the tensions, are being sued, they are under investigation for excessive force by the justice department and as it looked yesterday causing a hundreds if not a thousand more people to come out and protest.

Not sure about getting the job done. It's worse now.

First , learn how to reply on ATS.
Again , they are getting the job done , unlike local or state governments .
And , those in the picture appear to be a Guard unit.
Which is State , not Federal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join