It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me figure this out....why is Kanye West Running for POTUS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know who he is, Grammy Awards and all of that.
I thought he was a Trump supporter, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I heard his talking about being anti-abortion, anti-drugs, anti-crime.
I heard CNN thinks he is crazy, or at least in need of help.

But why is he running for POTUS?
To take votes away from Trump? Why would he want to do that?
To take votes away from Biden? Seems the left hates him?

And at this late date, how many states will even allow him on the ballot?

I'm confused......but then it is 2020!!!!!!!!!!
edit on Tue Jul 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
He's a spoiler just like Ross Perot was in 92 took 18 percent of the vote as a independent. Began the reform party 96 with only 8 percent of the vote did not win one electoral vote. He gave the presidency twice to Clinton, Is this the same end run against Trump? Same old play book, America don't fall for it again.

edit on 21-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Because he's going through extreme psychosis right now.
His wife said he's not taking his bipolar meds and is gone nutz.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Been a Kanye fan for a while.
He seems off this time around. usually he would do a over the top publicity stunt to endorse an album or up coming concert. He was always known to be out of the box type thinker. But as time has gone by he seems different, I know he's dealt with a sort of bi-polar disorder for a while. It might be linked to that.

As far as him running for POTUS, who knows really, he might be making a mockery of it all, he might be in bed with either the Democrats of Republicans to steal votes, either way, it's not healthy and it's most likely having negative outcomes on his family life. Especially his whole abortion thing he went off on, and then his strange twitter rant. Rather unpredictable is the best way to put it.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I honestly think he’s just crazy and Rich

ETA Why, is a question I’ve been asking a lot this year.
edit on 21-7-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

To me, it seems like he has a lot he wants to get off his chest and as he has been getting more politically active over the past several years, for one reason or another he has decided to throw a hail Mary and see if he can use his platform to wake others up.

That's what I envision is going through his head, even if he doesn't think he can legitimately win the election.

I used to think he was the incredibly pompous and egotistical but I actually have a lot of respect for him after what I've seen over the past couple of years.

That's not to say that I agree with everything he says or does...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

This would seem to be the right answer, and it's a shame.

Also, I have to wonder what went on with him when he went into rehab because there is some history with rehab and MK Ultra.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

He is just trying to stay in the news.
He doesn’t care about politics just money. He said he supported Trump and that got him on prime time TV.
Now that he fell out of the lime light he decided to announce a presidential run.
Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Because he's bipolar and refuses to take meds.

Also all the free publicity - which explains why his handlers aren't manipulating him to stop.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Because Trump and co stroked his ego and they're hoping he'd run and be able to net enough black voters to make a difference in the election outcome. Because Kanye is delusional.

We're getting odd messages though from his team. They stated last time he wasn't running anymore? So it's confusing. Management not all that great.

Kanye West Isn't Running for President Anymore

It'd be far more effective for him to become Trump's VP imho. I'm sure he's more likeable than Pence.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

He's auditioning for Trump's VP. There's not much time left if he wants to snatch it from Pence before the Republican Convention.

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Because Trump and co stroked his ego and they're hoping he'd run and be able to net enough black voters to make a difference in the election outcome. Because Kanye is delusional.

Really?

link   
Sadly, and honestly, I think it has much to do with his mental illness.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

My best guess is that Kanye wanted to gain publicity and more name recognition for a future serious run. He's definitely getting publicity, but not the kind he wanted for a future serious run.

He has known mental/emotional health issues. I hope he steps back and takes care of himself. It sounds like his wife wanted to bring Kanye's own doctor to him -- which makes sense -- but Kanye suspected the worse. Maybe his doctor has previously told him that Kanye should/might have to be hospitalized during such episodes.

It's all very sad.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

He's auditioning for Trump's VP. There's not much time left if he wants to snatch it from Pence before the Republican Convention.

Intriguing!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Sadly, and honestly, I think it has much to do with his mental illness.

It's annoying how often people who might have something to say get proven to be mentally ill though. Not saying this isn't the case here, but still.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He's nuts.
He's has a huge ego (like Trump) and wants attention.
He has an album about to drop (publicity).
He thinks it will siphon votes from Biden (Kanye "I'm black, so black folk will vote for me!")?
Did Ivanka and Jared meet with him to encourage him to run?

Wait, who is Ye and why we talking about him anyway?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Because he's going through extreme psychosis right now.
His wife said he's not taking his bipolar meds and is gone nutz.

Well, that makes sense.
He's not totally in control....so not anti-Biden OR Trump.

Not directed at you per se....just wondering why he had that "security" vest on in the clip I saw....was it a bullet proof vest, and if so ...WHY??????

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

He is an idiot with an ego and a dreamer, but yes, it is 2020 so anything is possible and that is scary.
I think he needs a psychiatrist, not a presidential run.

Look who he is married to?
OMG, she is hot....just don't talk to her or you will get turned off for life.
Like I said, he is an idiot.

How many people here want that doofus in the whitehouse??
Trump kind of seems awesome now after thinking of him running.

edit on 21-7-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Creativity and mental illness go hand in hand to a large degree... That is to say that mental illness is far more statistically prevalent in creative people. Whether mental illness leads to people being creative or creative people are more likely to become mentally ill over time I cannot say - it just works that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join