It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Teacher Fired For Saying ‘Trump Is Our President’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Annee
Could it be there is more to this story?

There usually is.

...and if this IS the whole story?---Do you support his being fired?

Depends on the contract he signed.

Depends on the rules of the school district in regards to multi-media.

Depends on if he had previous warnings/violations.

Which is usually the case in these matters.

If none of that applies — I see no wrong doing.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I worked with a group of very liberal administrators for a long time and there has to be more to the story. They protect their teachers more than the Teamsters protect their workers.

Could I be wrong? Sure, but I really doubt it this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Leftists are pathetic

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ah, I should have looked at his tweet first. Most if not all schools have anti-politics rules with school accounts. Dumbass should have used his personal account, there's no way he can defend this.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Gothmog

Michigan is looking more like Nazi Germany these days.

When will patriots realize that the tech world is not safe it will be used against those who it deems a threat to the NWO One world government.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Ah, I should have looked at his tweet first. Most if not all schools have anti-politics rules with school accounts. Dumbass should have used his personal account, there's no way he can defend this.

Now were getting down to the real reason for him being fired, that's a dumb move on his part alright.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Theres always more to the story.....thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now were getting down to the real reason for him being fired, that's a dumb move on his part alright.

The problem he has here is obvious, but the kicker is going to be what the school's disciplinary policy is. Every one I've seen has a stepped policy based on the type of infraction. I seriously doubt they would normally have fired the guy for this one tweet. Usually it's a pattern of behavior leading up to termination. The union has many levels of protection for their sheep. I mean workers.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Do you honestly think that if he said that Biden was going to be the new president or that Sanfran Nance was going to remove Trump if he wins in Nov. that he would of been fired. Then your more deluded than any sane person could believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I highly doubt this is as simplistic as the title makes it out to be..colour me surprised

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Stating what is fact isn't political. Firing him made it political. Is Trump the president of the united states from 2016 to 2020?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Stating what is fact isn't political. Firing him made it political. Is Trump the president of the united states from 2016 to 2020?

Did you read his tweet? He was angry when he posted that and he used a school account to do that. Both were mistakes on his part. What we don't see is what led up to his post. I'd be very curious to see if he had an exchange with a Trump-hater before that.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

And I doubt this is his first and only infraction.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Do you honestly think that if he said that Biden was going to be the new president or that Sanfran Nance was going to remove Trump if he wins in Nov. that he would of been fired. Then your more deluded than any sane person could believe.

I don't even know what you're going on about. Biden has nothing to do with this teacher getting fired, he was fired for breaking the rules.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Progressive discipline doesnt have to follow steps for egregious violations. This doesnt seem egregious to me. But i believe the context makes it insubordination as he posted that regarding the COVID opening.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And I doubt this is his first and only infraction.

It's not. T he school board talked to him previously:

When Kucera was asked about the context of the tweets, he said he agreed that schools should reopen in the fall and that he meant his tweet about Trump being president to be “unifying.”

“I think we should be rooting for him to succeed because if the president succeeds we all succeed,” he said.

The “liberals” tweet was meant sarcastically and was deleted a few hours after posting, Kucera said.

The teacher said he was pulled into a second Zoom meeting on Monday and told he could resign or be fired. When Kucera said he wouldn’t resign, he was told his last day was July 17.

The Oakland County school district denied Kucera’s story, saying “no disciplinary action was taken as a result of any support of President Trump.” But the district declined more specific comment, citing confidentiality surrounding personnel matters.

The school district believes in “critical thinking,” “positive discourse” and civil and respectful “community discussion,” said Judy Evola, director of community relations for Walled Lake Consolidated Schools

“These are difficult times in our community and across our country,” Evola said. “When issues arise, there’s a temptation to view items through the lens of our fractured political discourse. Walled Lake encourages students and staff members to engage each other with mutual respect and civility.”

Kucera said he was told by the union that the tweets could be construed as impeding the business of the school, which would be grounds for firing, especially considering the school’s title was listed on his Twitter page.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bottom line is he used the school account for his personal politics which is forbidden. Regardless whether anyone else did it, like the cops say to the people that say "that guy was going faster than me!", he's the one that got caught.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The school must think popular vote wins the Presidency !! 🤣🦃🤣

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Progressive discipline doesnt have to follow steps for egregious violations. This doesnt seem egregious to me. But i believe the context makes it insubordination as he posted that regarding the COVID opening.

You're right, but in fairness the schools have to be careful because lawsuits are expensive. I have to agree with the school that you do not use a school account to air your political grievances. I was an IT Director and had a lot of rules to follow myself, and one was not using my school account with the State IT department email list to vociferously knock Microsoft systems, including what the State was using at the time, and I almost got in trouble for doing so. You just can't let your emotions get the best of you in these cases.
edit on 21-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The school must think popular vote wins the Presidency !! 🤣🦃🤣

The popular vote is most certainly going to Trump this November

That’s a given

The school board is going to be in hysterics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join