It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders that illegal aliens NOT BE COUNTED in allocating House seats under 2020 census

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
So it wouldn’t exist? Aw snap.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good one sparky, hur hur.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Rich Z

I believe the important point is that illegal immigrants should not have representation in Congress. So they should have NO influence over the restructuring of our government. They have not earned it, and we do not owe it to them. They also should not be allowed to vote, simply because illegal immigrants should have absolutely no say whatsoever in how this country is run. IMHO.

Agree...

This is why having the questions on the census is really important for not only this BUT to actually get that data point of how many illegals are in the country and what areas. When we could be talk 10 to 20 million people that is a huge data point we can not just ignore as the left wants to say..."nothing to see here"

And, of course, illegals are going to answer that question.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Maybe I'm over-simplifying this, but if you have a database of all SSN #s allocated in the entire United States, along with name/address/status (live or dead) of SSN holders, and you cross reference that against census results and even tax records, shouldn't you have the capability to remove most people who aren't a citizen from the census rolls?

Trump isn't suggesting removing all non citizen residents from the census numbers, only the undocumented ones.

The Census doesn't just count American citizens. It counts EVERYONE living in each state.

Fair point, granted. But then we need to decouple Congressional representation from raw census and occupancy. Sure, count everybody living in the area, but now way non-citizen populations in a given area should have //anything// to do with our system of governmental representation.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Thing is, if one's spouse is for example a Lithuanian citizen and a legal permanent resident, you simply can't assume they are an illegal immigrant then because they answered No to the citizenship question.....

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Its against the law not too, wait you might be correct most of what they do is illegal...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Thing is, if one's spouse is for example a Lithuanian citizen and a legal permanent resident, you simply can't assume they are an illegal immigrant then because they answered No to the citizenship question.....

True so throw in an illegal question. Are you here legally? lol

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Its against the law not too, wait you might be correct most of what they do is illegal...

It’s logical to want a full population count. EVERY person.

Other issues can be taken up another way, another time.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Then they take that count to restructure the House, so do you feel an area with a lot of illegals get more representation in Congress while taking that away from real citizens since the 435 is a set number?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Then they take that count to restructure the House, so do you feel an area with a lot of illegals get more representation in Congress while taking that away from real citizens since the 435 is a set number?

I don’t care.

If your goal is a full population count — then you don’t sabotage it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The goal is not just a full population count. Those populations have spending and political implications. And despite your statement, you have to bear in mind that it is a subversion of our national sovereignty to allow a political party to run interference for illegal immigration solely to secure political power.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The goal is not just a full population count. Those populations have spending and political implications. And despite your statement, you have to bear in mind that it is a subversion of our national sovereignty to allow a political party to run interference for illegal immigration solely to secure political power.

How do you know their goal isn’t a full population count on this years Census?

Seems to me that is exactly the goal.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don’t care.

If your goal is a full population count — then you don’t sabotage it.

You missed my point....lol counting everyone in all their dozens of categories is a full population count to INCLUDE ALL the sub groups that make up that population. Illegals is a pretty good size sub group that should be counted.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

How do you know their goal isn’t a full population count on this years Census?

Seems to me that is exactly the goal.

Because you can see the outcome pretty plain...So lets say South CA get a 5 million increase in population count from undocumented people and so positions shift in the house to count for that extra population. IF we can not determine who is legal and who is illegal then improper shifts in the house can happen.

No one disagrees with a full population count, but there are pages of sub counts within that to determine what makes up that population.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I dont know. What i DO know is the implications of including illegals are severe when you consider what the census is used for.

The fact that we even have to discuss it is absurd honestly. No idea how we have gotten to not even enforcing border security. How does a country call itself a country without first asserting the sovereignty of borders?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I dont know. What i DO know is the implications of including illegals are severe when you consider what the census is used for.

I wonder if the people being held in ICE, and other customs facilities that are holding undocumented immigrants including unsupervised children and families, are currently being recorded in census document, like prison populations are.

edit on 23-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The fact that we even have to discuss it is absurd honestly. No idea how we have gotten to not even enforcing border security. How does a country call itself a country without first asserting the sovereignty of borders?

Just soze ya know — I didn’t make this up.

I listened to a discussion on it — way back at the beginning of fighting to keep the citizenship question out of the Census.

That’s what they were discussing. They said we’ve had a huge influx of refugees the last few years. We need to get, as accurate as possible, a “people” count. We don’t want any question that might make them hide or fear deportation.

And don’t tell me they have no reason to fear, even if they have papers. Many have been through a lot & trust no one.

They don’t just do a Census, then everyone goes home saying: “See you in 10 years”. Statistical data is only the beginning.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If that is true, then why would they be opposed to ensuring illegals are considered when allocating representatives, funding, etc?

They are already counted on the census.

So if what you say is true they shouldn't oppose ensuring they aren't considered for the above issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

If that is true, then why would they be opposed to ensuring illegals are considered when allocating representatives, funding, etc?

They are already counted on the census.

So if what you say is true they shouldn't oppose ensuring they aren't considered for the above issues.

FIRST — count the people.

You wanna go back later and dig deeper? Fine.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Agreed.

But we did that
Or am I missing something here?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you have a reason to suspect they aren't?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join