It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders that illegal aliens NOT BE COUNTED in allocating House seats under 2020 census

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Its what would have happened in the olden days, which sookie finds so relevant.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Nah, I'm good with leaving them uncounted as they should be.

The incarcerated are counted.

Census Bureau will count federal inmates as residents www.correctionsone.com...
2020 Census Will Continue To Count Prisoners Where They Are Incarcerated www.huffpost.com...

"Modern slaves" though?

Absolutely!

“Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

www.history.com...

edit on 21-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, I saw that. However, apparently, the census has not been consistent over the years. According to that article I found, in 2000 there were two forms, one the long form and the other a short form. While the long form did ask that question as you pointed out, the short form did not ask that question. The long form was sent to only 1 in 6 households.

The reason that the citizenship question was not asked in 2010 was that the long form had been eliminated.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So you brought them into this discussion for what reason? The virtue signal flex to call them "modern slaves?" What was your point?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Peonism has been outlawed.

You wont find me defending prisons mind you. But truth is truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Confuse the topic until there is no topic to discuss.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The point is, the Founding Fathers didn't aspire to have a huge population of citizens/voters, as much as they wanted tax payers to support governmental affairs.

Non citizens, even illegal aliens pay taxes.

...Something, something...taxation without representation.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The founding fathers did not collect taxes from peoples labor. They collected through commerce.

They werent concerned with citizenship because they needed bodies to build a nation. They also didnt support welfare.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So you brought them into this discussion for what reason? The virtue signal flex to call them "modern slaves?" What was your point?

That slaves were counted, even if only at a percentage. Perhaps "illegals" should be counted as a percentage, since they are used like slave labor, much of the time. My question was, "since there is no citizenship question on the 2020 census, how are "they" going to determine who in which households are illegal aliens?"

The founding fathers did not collect taxes from peoples labor. They collected through commerce.

ARTICLE 2, SECTION 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

Non citizens, including undocumented aliens pay sales taxes, among others.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The point is, the Founding Fathers didn't aspire to have a huge population of citizens/voters, as much as they wanted tax payers to support governmental affairs.

Non citizens, even illegal aliens pay taxes.

ONLY because all of it has become computerized and automated. I grew up in New Mexico, believe me when I say that prior to the 90s, the vast majority of illegal aliens paid NOTHING in taxes aside from sales tax, which they were unable to avoid. Employers paid them under the table and left no trace of where that money had gone. So no, the "Founding Fathers" wouldn't have considered this as a factor, especially when it is considered that the only forms of taxation in the US in the 1780s were poll taxes, excise tax, and property tax. Since slaves and non-citizens didn't vote, weren't permitted to own land, and tended not to purchase high ticket items that were excise taxed, they paid nothing in taxes.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That slaves were counted, even if only at a percentage. Perhaps "illegals" should be counted as a percentage, since they are used like slave labor, much of the time. My question was, "since there is no citizenship question on the 2020 census, how are "they" going to determine who in which households are illegal aliens?"

Yeah, that part I agreed with as they are presently counted in the Census equally with citizens, which is wrong. The Census issue was fixed until the Dems pitched a hissy fit over the question being on the form and the SCOTUS delivered a wrong decision.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Trump wanted illegals counted in the Census — as illegals.

He was denied.

Not because there was anything wrong with the question being on there, as it has numerous times in the past (contrary to Sokkie's cha-cha fake claims it hasn't).

It is not what a Census is for.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

There werent sales taxes in 1776. Even today the federal government does not levy sales tax.

ETA...i suspect you won't understand this post. We were talking about how you thought the founders only wanted to collect taxes. I believe ive shown that to be preposterous. If you disagree...tell me what taxes they levied against people here who werent citizens.
edit on 7/21/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You wont find me defending prisons mind you. But truth is truth.

In the olden Federalist days, slaves were counted as 3/5th of a person. The 13th Amendment outlawed slavery, except for in the cases of convicted criminals. Perhaps the incarcerated should be counted as 3/5ths a person in the census, as slavery exceptions under the 13th Amendment.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Non citizens, including undocumented aliens pay sales taxes, among others.

Tourists pay sales taxes... are you wanting to see them counted in the Census and their number be used to bolster representation for that district as well?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

We were talking about how you thought the founders only wanted to collect taxes.

What "ONLY"? The Founding Fathers needed taxes, [INCOME], to finance a national debt so that the USA could establish international credit. That's why the National Treasury was created. The USA absorbed the colonies Revolutionary War debt accrued from various generous and interested nations, to establish credit as a new nation.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Tourists pay sales taxes... are you wanting to see them counted in the Census and their number be used to bolster representation for that district as well?

What's a "tourist"? How long does a tourist VISA last? 6 months? If you're on a tourist VISA and renting an apartment, do you get a census form? I don't know the answer.

In the olden days, tourists stayed awhile, since a boat ride probably took 3 months just to get to Plymouth Rock, not to mention the river ride inland..

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
It is not what a Census is for.

Like you would know...

The supremes ruled there was nothing wrong with the question being there, and acknowledged it had been there previously.

Roberts just showed his true colors and said he didn't like 'the way they did it'.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

tell me what taxes they levied against people here who werent citizens.

ARTICLE 2, SECTION 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

The only "persons" not being taxed were "Indians".

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

tell me what taxes they levied against people here who werent citizens.

The only "persons" not being taxed were "Indians".

Dude... you lost this argument long ago. Stop digging yourself in deeper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join