It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP--'We Will Capitalize Black...But Not white'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Blacks only colleges, Blacks only Catholic Churches, Blacks only safe spaces....

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...egg plant.

And you're a cantaloupe.

I've got no say in it.

I am whatever they say I am.....

"I YAM What I YAM"
--Popeye

- And a Yam you shall be!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
How does this same rule work for "Hispanics"?

'Hispanics' is not gender inclusive and should be changed to 'Themspanics' which should be used in a sentence thusly, 'Themspanics over there are making me nervous'.

I went on a mission trip years ago to Mexico the discrimination down there was blatant, you had the pure blood Spanish who looked down on the half Indian half Spanish who were called Mexicans and then you had the pure blood Indians who were at the bottom of the social register similar to the blacks in North America.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep white people are so racist as a group that they don't deserve to have their race capitalized, that way the privilege's will be knocked out of them is the typical liberal/left/progressive thinking.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Blacks only colleges, Blacks only Catholic Churches, Blacks only safe spaces....

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
I went on a mission trip years ago to Mexico the discrimination down there was blatant, you had the pure blood Spanish who looked down on the half Indian half Spanish who were called Mexicans and then you had the pure blood Indians who were at the bottom of the social register similar to the blacks in North America.

I've seen that both here and in Mexico. There's a racial pecking order with where you're from originally and also now in Central America. I also regularly watched the Mexican help I had at my one restaurant get regularly talked down to by the black clientele so racism works in many different directions.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"“White doesn’t represent a shared culture and history in the way Black does,” The New York Times said on July 5 in explaining its decision."

GAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
HAHA

The audacity...the idiocy.
Do these 'journalists' know ANYTHING about history?

Even if you are skipping the elephant in the room that is that Blacks in Africa do Not Share (oops sorry) do not share 'cfulture and history' because there are hundreds of tribes, cultures and traditions, the fact is that if you are only talking about Black Americans, they don't share one single culture either. Some came from Sierra Leone, some from Nigeria, even farther like Congo, etc etc they all spoke different languages when they were brought here, and in a lot of cases were warring or opposing groups.
# makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

White was discriminated against by location such as help wanted no Irish need to aply, or stinking Italians need not aply or the term of dirty Jews or dumb Pollacks or Pope loving Catholics the Protestants feared that JFK would be unduly influenced by the Pope so there was discrimination.

Worth bumping to new page
White was discriminated against by location such as help wanted no Irish need to apply, or stinking Italians need not aplpy or the term of dirty Jews or dumb Pollacks or Pope loving Catholics the Protestants feared that JFK would be unduly influenced by the Pope so there was discrimination.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Nope.

I will now capitalize White but not black.

Suck it AP.

We should do whiTe

That would show them...lol

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ply to: DanDanDat
On point, there are no monolithic ,
" Black" culture , lifestyle or experiences up to a certain point, even within an American context.much less globally.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bootlickers triggered by the Capital letter "B", do you know how pathetic that sounds?

This Sesame Street mode of thinking needs to end. Grow a couple!
edit on 21-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

That's because Blacks make most of the money in the usa and hardly any on welfare!

Black lives matter!

Actually some Blacks do just that.
THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ETHNIC GROUP IN THE U.S. MAY SURPRISE YOU
www.ozy.com...

Go here^^

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

White was discriminated against by location such as help wanted no Irish need to aply, or stinking Italians need not aply or the term of dirty Jews or dumb Pollacks or Pope loving Catholics the Protestants feared that JFK would be unduly influenced by the Pope so there was discrimination.

Worth bumping to new page
White was discriminated against by location such as help wanted no Irish need to apply, or stinking Italians need not aplpy or the term of dirty Jews or dumb Pollacks or Pope loving Catholics the Protestants feared that JFK would be unduly influenced by the Pope so there was discrimination.

Mandella effect, none of that really happened, you are misremembering.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I was taught to capitalize both "Black" and "White,"

Why ?
They are both colors , nothing related to being capitalized , and nothing to do with people either.
Actually , one is the near absence of reflected light and the other is near total reflected light .

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Commercial Pandering... 🙄😁

www.instagram.com...

You forgot to put a very important word in the above for context..."Historically" as to the reasons why??.. Blk folks were barred from getting into most Historically , "White" institutions of higher learning, including places of worship, rules not set by Blk folks, still, those "Historically " Blk institutions had always accepted non Blks both pupils and faculty on their campuses bending the rules when possible.. # African American History Matters.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So after the past 4 years of demonstrable collusion of hoaxes - News Agencies / MSM have lost all credibility - they grasp at straws to remain relevant .... and reach out to the only crowd they think that they can manipulate further ....

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

...egg plant.

And you're a cantaloupe.

No need to swear at the fella!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Why ?

Um, for exactly the reason that you snipped from my quote:

I was taught to capitalize both "Black" and "White," for the same reasons we capitalize "Asian," "Hispanic," etc. It differentiates between the color (a simple noun), and a person/people (a proper noun).

They are both colors , nothing related to being capitalized , and nothing to do with people either. Actually , one is the near absence of reflected light and the other is near total reflected light .

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Yes, "black" and "white" are colors. They are also used to refer to specific persons/peoples, thus qualifying them as proper nouns to be capitalized.

If you don't like or agree with the rule, okay. That's your choice. But I cannot tell you "why" beyond the reasoning I was taught. I didn't make the rules... I was just taught those rules and got paid fairly decently for getting them right...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Commercial Pandering... 🙄😁

www.instagram.com...

You forgot to put a very important word in the above for context..."Historically" as to the reasons why??.. Blk folks were barred from getting into most Historically , "White" institutions of higher learning, including places of worship, rules not set by Blk folks, still, those "Historically " Blk institutions had always accepted non Blks both pupils and faculty on their campuses bending the rules when possible.. # African American History Matters.

And now we're seeing a new chapter of this for institutions of learning, worshipping, places of work where Blk folks are barring white folks from being able to be part of said places. We're all going backwards. This is culturally historic.

No Whites Allowed.

breaking13news.com...

Biloxi, MS –  A new controversial restaurant has opened on the river of Biloxi, Mississippi and it has many of its residents up in arms. Reparation Station is a new “Blacks Only” restaurant, the first of its kind since the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ended all state and local laws requiring segregation.

However, due to a ‘reparations grant’ hidden deep inside the pages of the reparations bill (S.1083) which allows black business owners to receive funding, this restaurant is NOT illegal. According to the reparations grant, African-American business owners can receive this funding and are exempt from any type of discrimination laws. The bill states, “Any African-American US citizen that receives funding from this project is exempt from U.S. code Title 42, chapter 21. Instead, they are free to choose who they allow into their establishments, per reparations grant of 2019.”

U.S. code Title 42, chapter 21 prohibits discrimination against persons based on age, disability, gender, race, national origin, and religion in a number of settings – including education, employment, access to businesses and buildings and federal services.

Reparation Station opened on June 10, 2019 and the owner says he is not going to allow any white people into his restaurant ever. “Finally, I don’t have to deal with these damn crack-a-dee ass crackers looking at me sideways,” said Jerome Willis, owner of Reparation Station. “Now they can see how it feels. Now when we eat, we can talk loud without anyone telling us to ‘hush’ and we can eat how we wanna eat. If I wanna eat fried chicken and watermelon I don’t want some white crazy cracker looking at me like ‘Yep I knew he was gonna order that.'”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's an All Black Golf that was formed 65 years ago when blacks couldn't join Golf Clubs at all during segregation, a terrible time for blacks and a needed safe place. But has not allowed whites to join even after segregation ended ...

lasentinel.net...
65 years since its inception, the Cosmopolitan Golf Club is still “Going Places.”

That’s the message that still resonates for one of the oldest African-American golf clubs in Los Angeles and as it moves into its seventh decade, it’s still looking to expand its

While the success of Tiger Woods has captivated the sports world, the history of Black golf in Los Angeles still remains a mystery for most local fans. The Cosmopolitan Golf Club has played a key role in helping shape that.

The club was founded in 1944 to serve as a place where hundreds of Black golfers could play without worrying about racism keeping them from other clubs in the city.

Led by first president Henry Lewis and professional golfer Jimmy DeVoe, they scheduled monthly tournaments at the Sunset Fields courses to help attract golfers around the city.

Over the next six decades, it grew into the premier all-Black clubs in the area, with its home course at the Los Serranos Country Club in Chino Hills, and a charter member of the Western States Golf Association.

About

The Los Angeles Sentinel is an African American owned and operated newspaper that puts emphasis on issues concerning the African American community and its readers. It’s a highly regarded paper that significantly influences the perceptions, attitudes and buying decisions of its readership.

We're not improving as a species folks.
edit on 21-7-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Nope.

I will now capitalize White but not black.

I will join you in capitalizing White but not black, and take it a step even further just for the hell of it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join