It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP--'We Will Capitalize Black...But Not white'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I thought so too, but then after I posted that I got a call and was told purple milk would be offensive and cultural appropriation of the great egg plant.

We may need to invent a new color.

Hmmmm... eggplants might want to think twice before throwing stones...

Eggs might have a little something to say about cultural appropriation as well!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: FauxMulder

Next up, milk must be dyed purple.

Ooooh... that sounds fun!

I want purple milk!!!

Should we also institute a policy that only chickens that produce brown (not sure whether to capitalize here) eggs are acceptable?

I mean those chickens are, obviously, just as racist as those damn cows that refuse to produce milk in a rainbow of assorted hues.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...egg plant.

And you're a cantaloupe.

I've got no say in it.

I am whatever they say I am.....

"I YAM What I YAM"
--Popeye

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I’m pretty much done with this country. Sick of the politicians, sick of the media, sick of the people.

Not sure where I’m going to go, I’ve had my eyes set on Costa RIca for a while as I’ve talked with some ex-pats who are rather thrilled with it since jumping ship. While I strongly prefer warmer weather year round, Vancouver has seemed appealing as well.

After the COVID-19 passes; you might want to consider Ecuador. It has a thriving and growing ex-pat community. It may also be less expensive than Costa RIca as it doesn't have as big a tourist industry. It also has a very diverse geography and climate. You can hang at the beach than head to the cool andes in just a few hour drive; or even the jungle if your so inclined.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Should we also institute a policy that only chickens that produce brown (not sure whether to capitalize here) eggs are acceptable?

I mean those chickens are, obviously, just as racist as those damn cows that refuse to produce milk in a rainbow of assorted hues.

Oh dear... if we keep going down this path, we may just have to!

And, for that matter, it's probably about time to do away with white chickens -- just for diversity's sake of course. There are plenty of colored chickens around to provide eggs for us (and not those racist white eggs!).

Except maybe at Easter, when they will all be appropriately colored to erase their white privilege...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's a great point. I forgot the space in there because I wanted to include eggs in the conversation. Seems I may have been misguided. Probably my whiteness coming out.

The only solution is to hence forth refer to all as "thing".

Example: The thing got into the thing and drove to the thing where the thing purchased some things. These things will be combined to make a thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Don't give up on the rest of us. It must have been a slow day, so they were just looking to push buttons.

Most of us don't have time for this juvenile, ridiculous, nonsense. With all we have to worry about in this country, I don't think your average person has time for any of the divisive bull crap that any of the news outlets and websites keep putting out there. They are hoping someone will actually believe their crap is chocolate and will eat it, and if it is recognized as bull crap that someone will step in it.
edit on 21-7-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Progressives are white supremacists with a guilty conscious.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just another shot in the anti capitalist war. They are trying to further divide us in the use of capital letters now. Neither need be capitalized unless part of a name or the like. Soon, there will be no standard use of capital letters and then there will be the letter abolitionists. 'Why 26, I was always suspicous of that Z, it is just a lazy N. Why have both?'

White has always been and will always be the superior paper, just as black has always been and will always be the superior ink. They both work together to make the print.

Do not allow this to become as the A/V wars of those many years ago, when video killed the radio star.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

That's a great point. I forgot the space in there because I wanted to include eggs in the conversation. Seems I may have been misguided. Probably my whiteness coming out.

Don't beat yourself up for it... at least not too much. I hear you can take the boy out of the whiteness but can't take the whiteness out of the boy... or something like that.

The only solution is to hence forth refer to all as "thing".

Example: The thing got into the thing and drove to the thing where the thing purchased some things. These things will be combined to make a thing.

And there ya go! Absolutely crystal clear... to someone...
edit on 21-7-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

There are plenty of colored chickens around to provide eggs for us (and not those racist white eggs!).

Except maybe at Easter, when they will all be appropriately colored to erase their white privilege...

THIS is egg-xactly the sort of racism the AP is valiantly attempting to cancel!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Shared culture?

So what is the shared culture between say Nigerians, people from the Congo, the Maori, the original people of Negros etc.? They're all black, their countries and cultures are completely different. Seems a bit ignorant to lump them all together as one shared culture.

edit on 21/7/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Well that's fine...
But when I read the word black I will be pronouncing it in my head with a lower case b....

But seriously..
How low has our society come that this kind of petty garbage is an issue?
If my eyes roll any farther into my skull I will see my brain.

On a side note this whole thing is kind of irrelevant. Whenever the media has an article about a murder or other violent crime the never say the criminal was black with or without a capital b.
edit on 21-7-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh dear... if we keep going down this path, we may just have to!

And, for that matter, it's probably about time to do away with white chickens -- just for diversity's sake of course. There are plenty of colored chickens around to provide eggs for us (and not those racist white eggs!).

Hmmm......

We may have to just eliminate Easter. I mean the LGBQRS7&X community will probably be insulted by the myriad off colored eggs.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Show me one black person who thinks this is sensible?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Show me one black person who thinks this is sensible?

That's B-lack person....

Sorry... Had too..

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. The AP has joined the long list of other racist leftist organizations that hate black people but need their votes. Organizations and politicians that have continuously told black people they aren't intelligent, responsible or mature enough to take care of themselves, they need white people to take care of them and fight their battles for them.

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm certain if any of the thousands of young White sex SLAVES currently being abused all across Western Europe ever escape, they will be sure to offer the good folks at AP a big thumbs up for producing quality unbiased journalism that really matters.

Use your capitals where appropriate folks, be better than these grotesque clowns......

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
#Blacklettersmatter

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

These "news" outlets are showing their true colors and how they are virtue signaling & petty.

If they think capitalizing letters is fighting racism (while technically being discriminatory themselves) it doesn't really effect me. I'll just support other organizations instead

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join