It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIDEN--"I Wish We Taught More In Our Schools About The Islamic Faith”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The "truth" about the history of Catholicism/Christianity as well?

No religion should be taught in public schools, aside from an unbiased, comparative historical perspective, in a relevant history class.

Yes, tell the truth in an unbiased and historical context.

Many Christian denominations are characterized as being aligned with the teaching of Jesus, but historically they pretty much tossed out the New Testament with how they treated non-believers. The opposite of how Islam proclaims peace and tolerance when their teachings are anything but. Of course Christian or Muslim, deceivers using religion to gain power and wealth are not in the majority in either religion (I would hope at least).

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I don't know what the context for the statement. I'm looking at it for what it is. Learning about other cultures isn't a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: IAMTAT

See,

All religions are fine for Democrats EXCEPT Christ.

Christians represent their greatest obstacle to power and the complete breakdown of society so that they can rebuild from the ashes.

That is Because Most Democrat Liberals are Satanists Silly !

I am a Satanist and definitely not liberal. But then you mean the 'modern satanism that involves the illuminati and snip like that? I'm old school, just Satan and his desperate tries to safe human kind from oppression.
Yeah, just wanted to say that...as you were...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Isn't it amazing how they lose their minds when someone gets elected that they can't control? They can't blackmail him because, as the Mueller waste of time and tax dollars showed, there's nothing there. They can't buy him off because he doesn't need it. I can't wait to see the gloves come off after his re-election.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Will they teach the fact Allah is an pre-Islamic demon and their founder a pedophile?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I love the Hadiths...especially the part where it mentions that Mohammed pale as Casper the ghost several dozen times, and that Satan, a black man, darker then dark in chains who is supposed destroy that cube thing like he prophesied.
edit on 21-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I’m all for the history of religions being taught in public schools. I’m not even opposed to a general education on what each religion offers, however, that treads dangerous ground as I do not trust people to not interject their own ideas/motivations/propaganda into the teaching.

Maybe it’s better suited as an elective for high school students, with teachers who are able to discuss these religions without interjecting their own biases. I certainly believe it would be a good thing to cover some ground on what is out there, especially in a city I grew up in which was 95% catholic. There was a Jewish kid in elementary school and the poor kid was like a pariah. He was in my class 2 different years and both those years the teachers had to talk to the class about how he wasn’t weird or evil. I learned absolutely nothing about Judaism during those discussions, only that he was different but shouldn’t be treated as bad. Some kind of educating would have gone a long way, as long as it is not promotional/defaming of the religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Mach2

I don't know what the context for the statement. I'm looking at it for what it is. Learning about other cultures isn't a bad thing.

Fair enough.

Usually comments are within the context of the OP.

As a generic statement, I have no problem with that.

In this particular case, he (biden) wasn't speaking about religions in general. He was talking about a specific religion, before a specific group.
edit on 7212020 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
methinks Biden 2020 just got a big fat check from a government, individual or faction of middle eastern descent

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Did Joe Biden just advocate teaching religion in public schools?

It used to be called "Social Studies" : as in Culture and History.

The human race has a very rich HISTORY of spirituality and faith. The world's disparate CULTURES would benefit from UNDERSTANDING those things.

You have an issue with children being taught about REAL world history, cultural norms, beliefs, customs, and EVERY religion?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Maybe it’s better suited as an elective for high school students, with teachers who are able to discuss these religions

That is exactly what it needs to be. But even elementary kids need to know there are OTHER belief systems besides their own.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Damn, this is a shocker, a democrat pandering to a minority group, who would’ve ever thought.😱

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: carewemust
Joe Biden learned a lot about Islam from his boss, who admired ISIS (aka ISIL). Joe was in the room when President Obama proudly declared how he has ordered the "speeding up" of ISIS forces' training.

Why don't his mouth movements sync up with the words?

Obama's speeches had to be heavily edited to make an attempt at making them a bit understandable.
Thus the loss of sync.

What he says in this video seems clear and plain enough.

And the words do not sync with his mouth movements, it isn't that they do. You have that inverted.

Nor would video dis-synchronization increase the intelligibility of the spoken word. It would be more confusing to those watching and listening.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
That is Because Most Democrat Liberals are Satanists Silly !

I miss Silly... hope she's okay.

edit on 7-21-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Off topic...I can bake you raisin bran cookies!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Off topic...I can bake you raisin bran cookies!

TY....You're the Best, Mama.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Does a cross repel them like it does vampires?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My daughters kindergarten teacher told her that god created the grand canyon... lol that was a fun conversation.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

There is a big difference between teaching about something (a religion) and teaching something (religious dogma).

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

There is a big difference between teaching about something (a religion) and teaching something (religious dogma).

There is ? 🎃

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join