It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Friend Roger Stone Calls Black Radio Host 'Negro' in Interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He should be tried and put in prison.

We should also shut down the racists at United Negro College Fund. They've done so much damage to black Americans for far too long.

I would think the "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People" would be worse .

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Culturally incorrect in the US because they say so. It is used all over the world as well as some other very derogatory terms.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't offend easily. I anger easily, and I easily derive enjoyment from mocking people who's opinions indicate some manner of dweebishness or triggered weakness, but "offend?" Not really. You asked a question and I provided my personal take on it... I really don't care a whole lot about whatever words someone may use in their conversations with another adult.

I've said many times that everyone should have the right to say whatever they wish. I'll defend their right no matter how distasteful I find their message.

But that doesn't mean I think they have a home in politics. It also doesn't mean I think this particular person should have said it, but again, it was his right. He certainly didn't own it though, sounded like it was under his breath and he just stopped talking when it was acknowledged.

But he's not helping anyone's cause. There is hypersensitivity in this country, many falling victim to that emotion to the extent of celebrating when perception leads to cancel culture. Even worse, many say there should be laws in place to deal with such speech. But Stone just gave all of them a lot of fodder. I personally find the easiest way to navigate it saying Stone was wrong and moving on. God knows we won't be talking about this in a week at the rate things have been going recently.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

even stone calls it a racial slur in the video posted by seeker1963

When I talk with people I find their names are what I use, maybe you go to the shops and when served by someone off white you say, pass me that negro, if so good for you, with all the BLM talk on ATS just lately maybe you can point out anyone who has used that term, post a link when you find it, cheers mate (another common term used if unsure of someones name)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: carewemust

Culturally incorrect in the US because they say so. It is used all over the world as well as some other very derogatory terms.

When in Rome...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: thesearchfortruth

The majority of ALL people are sick of seeing BLM commercials on Nickelodeon too but that is ok. I think that is worse than this guy being called a 'negro;....

Are you serious? There are BLM TV commercials?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

"Do you care if a group of people choose to be offended by someone else's words?" If yes, then why? If no, then congratulations, you understand the concept of the Constitution intentionally leaving every American the freedom of choosing whether or not to be offended at what they hear while not removing the freedom to say it from the speaker.

I believe in freedom of speech. I don't believe in the silencing of people, even racist people. But I'm speaking to a broader, moral point. Just because you can say something doesn't make it right.

Would it also not be a big deal if he'd said the n-word? Would it not matter, because black people are just choosing to be offended by that word, and freedom of speech is more important? It's the same argument. It's like someone defending bullying or something because "free speech!".

Given the history of black people in America, and the racism that still exists today, calling a black person 'negro' is at best a very inconsiderate, ignorant thing to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Like I said in the post about Stone's commutation, this guy is a piece of crap and did not deserve to be let off.

He also lies worse than Trump, which is something that will not allow me to ever respect him.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The majority of ALL people are sick of seeing BLM commercials on Nickelodeon too but that is ok. I think that is worse than this guy being called a 'negro;....

Lol, who is easily offended now, dam you think adverts are worse, my oh my

be careful if you watch TV after 9pm they put scary movies on sometimes

where is your "Majorority of ALL people" stat from as well, personal bias or have you a report you can link to showing this, waiting for 2 links from you now.....

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It was horrible taste and we all know it.

Well he's now denying he even said it. It's really amusing watching people frantically defend him for saying it when he himself is outright denying saying it.

I'm seeing more twisting than a pretzel factory.

If you listen to the whole interview he denied it right away (after pretending that he lost phone connection).

This is the human waste that influences some of our national political figures. Nice huh?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Would that be the same as an old black man saying: "I don't feel like arguing with this caucasian"?

Re: 'Negro'...

In the English language, Negro (plural Negroes) is a term historically used to denote persons considered to be of Negroid heritage.[1] The term can be construed as offensive, inoffensive, or completely neutral, largely depending on the region or country where it is used. It has various equivalents in other languages of Europe.

The United States Census Bureau included Negro on the 2010 Census, alongside Black and African-American, because some older black Americans still self-identify with the term.[15][16][17] The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black, African-American, or Negro". Negro is used in efforts to include older African Americans who more closely associate with the term.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently, the US Census does not consider the term 'Negro' to be derogatory in nature.

edit on 20-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Anything to get the outrage mob foaming at the mouth.

More lies from the NYT's!

It blows my mind that people will believe Stone's pathetic excuses, but not believe what they heard with their own ears.

And then Stone says he is going to sue Kelly. What a freaking joke and a snowflake he is LMAO.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

originally posted by: Zrtst
I gave up trying to figure out what everyone wants to be called.

I know... it's so hard and confusing...

After long and arduous research, I've compiled a list for you.

OKAY:
Black
African-American

NOT OKAY:
n-word
negro

Okay:
Cracker
Racist

Not OK:
Whitey
Honkey

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Would it also not be a big deal if he'd said the n-word? Would it not matter, because black people are just choosing to be offended by that word, and freedom of speech is more important? It's the same argument.

Personally? No, it wouldn't be a big deal. Actions speak loudly, words not so much. Talk to me if/when Roger Stone actively affects someone with his actions rather than his words.

doesn't make it right

"Right" is totally subjective. Moral, to be honest, are subjective in the context you're trying to apply them to. For usage of the "N-word" to be morally wrong, we would need to reach a point in which the majority of African Americans took great exception with other African Americans using the word same as they do with anyone else using it. Sorry, but that's just basic logic. We don't divide morality based on race... that's part of the whole ideology of equality. What's wrong for one group is wrong for all groups or else it is an issue of personal and subjective preferences rather than something which rises to the degree of a moral.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

OKAY:
Black
African-American

NOT OKAY:
n-word
negro

Okay:
Cracker
Racist

Not OK:
Whitey
Honkey

Apparently “Nappy” also belongs.

Who knew ?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

OKAY:
Black
African-American

NOT OKAY:
n-word
negro

Okay:
Cracker
Racist

Not OK:
Whitey
Honkey
Pastey

Wait, WAIT hold on just a moment.... you forgot one entry in the "Not OK" column. It's Ok, I've gone ahead and added it for you. This seems to be popular with the younger crowd; I hear it used all of the time, in a less than flattering context. It's perfectly fine though; no cause for alarm. Since Caucasians are the recipients of this slight, an obvious dig at their pale skin color, we are to ignore that one, and proceed if everything's fine...SITUATION NORMAL.

Nothing to see here....move along...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I might yet give the OP S&F, as this thread has the real potential for some comedic redemption. I'm going to hang in here and see where this goes.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I might yet give the OP S&F, as this thread has the real potential for some comedic redemption.

Nah, it's more so comparable to watching gymnastics at the Olympics. Individual members competing for some kind of rational to the actions committed. You do see the odd collision as there are inconsistencies along the way.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Where I am from, this carries a 2 year jail sentence.

crimen injuria
/ˌkrʌɪmən ɪnˈdʒuːrɪə/
nounSOUTH AFRICAN•LAW
a wilful injury to someone's dignity, caused by the use of obscene or racially offensive language or gestures.

edit on 0000007085678America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Me: Caucasian/white

Michael Jordon: Negro/black

Words STILL exist and have meanings; legitimate meanings, not derogatory ones.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join