It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Friend Roger Stone Calls Black Radio Host 'Negro' in Interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Is it that difficult to just say as most people would

"I dont feel like arguing with you Mo/Mr Kelly"

Or do we just call people by their colour now

I dont want to argue with the whiteys on here, arent we all more than just the colour of our skin?

Its the context of the statement which shows Mr Stones lack of class, its not that hard to denounce him for it, rather than pretzel logic it into normality, anyone who thinks its ok maybe try and use his sentence when you next interact with an African American, see how it pans out for you.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Anything to get the outrage mob foaming at the mouth.

More lies from the NYT's!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Would you find it appropriate to just denote someone's ethnicity when you disagree with them?

"I don't feel like arguing with this Mexican"

"I don't feel like arguing with this jew"

No, it's bad form.

Honestly? Nah, wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other. People are too quick to wear their race as shield when it suits them, an anchor when it suits them, handcuffs when it suits them, or a badge of honor when it suits them when, in reality, the smart people in the world don't give a SNIP about it.

All that said, what was the insult here? If one is proud to be *fill in race here* isn't a just a touch of the two-faced bitch syndrome to turn around and claim someone identifying your race in a comment to you is insulting? When you, yourself, have made something a part of what defines you, you sort of need to grow skin thick enough to accept that being used both in support of and against you.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Worst of all, Obama ordered the attempted destruction of a Presidential candidate, and set in motion the attempted coup against his successor. Pure 100% Criminal with very little conscience or morals.

You're right, and I agree with you.

I never cared for his presidency. Which is why I don't want people to use his admin as some sort of bar, claiming anything above it going forward is "OK". I reject the use of sh***y contrast in an attempt to proclaim someone else is better. One or the other, I like neither. I pick neither, and it is liberating.

But this is all just a game for people, no different than the NFL. This is only about winning, and not what comes from it. It's just tribalism. People literally try to pretend their guy is at all good by pointing out there was someone who was worse, and that's utter BS. How do you think Biden is running? There are people who say he's not worse than Trump. The dude is being Weekended at Bernie's around just so they can have a puppet. They figure since "no one can lose to Trump" (which for the record we all know is not true), they can just put whomever they know they can control in.

But there is no more nuance. There is no more discussion. We all get two choices, there is only black and white (pun intended). That's it, two. Home of the free baby, free to pick one or the other.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

More lies from the NYT's!

What on earth are you talking about? He said it right there on the recording and we have people here frantically defending his right to say it.

Christ.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So even Roger himself classes it as a racial slur, now its gremlins on the line, because the background noise does not match, sure Roger sure, pretzel mind twist for his disciples, and some will believe it

I am sure there is a phrase........oh yeah occams razor

If you cant hear it in the clip then maybe there is a bridge I can sell you also

link   

Must suck not to have freedom of choice.

If you think negro is 'racist' you are the problem. F'n seriously.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If you think negro is 'racist'

Yes, I think him saying he doesn't want to talk to a 'negro' is racist.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

so the polite response is when talking to someone is to refer to the colour of their skin?

Do people not use birth names anymore, just go for the easy option, skin colour

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What does the Cancel Culture demand ? 🤓🚬

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honestly? Nah, wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other. People are too quick to wear their race as shield when it suits them, an anchor when it suits them, handcuffs when it suits them, or a badge of honor when it suits them when, in reality, the smart people in the world don't give a SNIP about it.

I already said it's his right. But it's my right to call him dumb for it.

All that said, what was the insult here? If one is proud to be *fill in race here* isn't a just a touch of the two-faced bitch syndrome to turn around and claim someone identifying your race in a comment to you is insulting? When you, yourself, have made something a part of what defines you, you sort of need to grow skin thick enough to accept that being used both in support of and against you.

I just disagree here. I'm not saying we need to make it illegal or even silence people who speak along those lines. I just won't take the people who do speak like that seriously.

As I said earlier, I just think it's poor form to say "I refuse to speak to (insert race here)".

But if we're being honest, there are people in this thread that are offended that people are offended by what Stone said. And believe it or not, I'm not offended by what Stone said. I just think it's crazy people can't just say what he said was dumb or in poor taste. They'd rather just find excuses than act as if "the left" had a reason to be mad at Stone.

Are some people going to take it too far and try and say it should be illegal for Stone to say what he did? I'm positive that is on twatter right now. Are some people going to say something violent should happen to him? I'm absolutely certain of it. But like most times, I'm just observing from outside both camps and dumbfounded by this insanity we find ourselves in.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I guess masks were not enough, NEXT is blind folds lol
Bottom of the bucket stuff here LoL
Speaking of Negros, this one was a cultural Icon....

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Would you agree that in today's climate, the majority of black people would likely object to being called 'Negro' by a white person?

If yes, you know Stone was wrong. So why the need to pushback so strongly? If no, you are remarkably out of touch with the times.

Why can't we all just choose to be sensitive and considerate to other people, especially in this case given the injustices suffered by blacks which persist to this day?

edit on 20-7-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Grow a set. Seriously. All of you. The whole country. So, the conversation could have gone...

"I do not want to talk to you"

Why?

" because you are black"

Since it is BLM and not NLM it would be ok?

What is the difference. He has a choice and the right to say what he wants and that is not derogatory. If it is then take all of the hip hop off TV< Apple Music, Movies, You Tube because they use a HIGHLY offensive word all the time and it bothers me.

We all have the right to say what we want and talk to who we want. I do not have to listen to this garbage but you can spew it. Seriously. There are cities burning to the ground and 'white people' being beat up every day but the word 'negro' triggers you?

This is one more hit piece to try to make Trumps Friends look racist so then he is racist. A joke.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wasn't so much suggesting you were offended nor that I was offended as I was mocking yet another triggered OP on this type of topic.

I don't offend easily. I anger easily, and I easily derive enjoyment from mocking people who's opinions indicate some manner of dweebishness or triggered weakness, but "offend?" Not really. You asked a question and I provided my personal take on it... I really don't care a whole lot about whatever words someone may use in their conversations with another adult.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

Would you agree that in today's climate, the majority of black people would likely object to being called 'Negro' by a white person?

If yes, you know Stone was wrong. So why the need to pushback so strongly? If no, you are remarkably out of touch with the times.

Why can't we all just choose to be sensitive and considerate to other people, especially in this case given the injustices suffered by blacks which persist to this day?

The second paragraph you typed falls in the "highly subjective opinion" category at best. The first paragraph needs a third option: "Do you care if a group of people choose to be offended by someone else's words?" If yes, then why? If no, then congratulations, you understand the concept of the Constitution intentionally leaving every American the freedom of choosing whether or not to be offended at what they hear while not removing the freedom to say it from the speaker.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

It is not a racial slur. It is a description. So if he said I do not like talking to Mexicans that would be 'racist' too? If he was racist why would he go on a talk show with a black host????

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth
Anyone (except a Black or African American person) is not culturally correct if they refer to a Black/African American as a "Negro".

Calling a white guy "Orange" is borderline improper.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

The majority of ALL people are sick of seeing BLM commercials on Nickelodeon too but that is ok. I think that is worse than this guy being called a 'negro;....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join