It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Joe's Removing Racist Packaging

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: IAMTAT

What next: "White boxes labeled, folded, fried corn based flat disks"? Are getting ready for the next generic food revolution?

Ummm...."White boxes"?
Racist much?

Fine Karen/Kevin:
Nondescript neutral toned boxed with contrasted lettering indicating...

Now I feel guilty of something and have to eat my Aunt Jemima flap-jacks with Mrs. Butterworth poured on it with a side of Mint Julip to wash it down.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
What a load.

Like an epic diaper deposit.

1700 people?????? That's all it took????!!!!

I just learned this morning, AND I'M NOT KIDDING, that milk and sleep are also racist.

We are surrounded by fanatical lunatics on an unprecedented scale!
😩

ETA:

MILK
www.10news.com...

SLEEP
www.theatlantic.com...

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

So can I make a mudpit thread on that milk article? I'll credit your post for it. That's just too much...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Is this some /b troll of Trader Joes?

Seems like their handiwork.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Just what kind of "Trader" was the original Joe?. I bet it was slaves. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Magic the Gathering cards.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

What next: "White boxes labeled, folded, fried corn based flat disks"? Are getting ready for the next generic food revolution?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I wonder how much longer Big Chief jerky will remain on the shelves, is 7-11 woke yet?.

This sh#t is getting annoying.

And Big Chief sugar. That's got to go too. And Indian Corn. And Mexican - wait, F 'em, they'll get over it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I guess maybe I'm over reacting a little...but, dammit, that "racist" food just tastes so much better.

No you're not really, it is telling that the very small minority of perpetually offended idiots are running amok and everyone is caving to them.

When all brands and corporations have been sterilized what will they target then?

Actually, a very good question.
Why won't a grocery store or restaurant selling food from different cultures...be accused of cultural appropriation?

Hmmmm.....maybe these idiots will demand there be separate grocery stores, separate water fountains, and bathrooms.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Really ? Geez , I did not Know Toco's were Racist . How about Spaghetti ? Chinese Italian .............

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I guess maybe I'm over reacting a little...but, dammit, that "racist" food just tastes so much better.

No you're not really, it is telling that the very small minority of perpetually offended idiots are running amok and everyone is caving to them.

When all brands and corporations have been sterilized what will they target then?

Why won't a grocery store or restaurant selling food from different cultures...be accused of cultural appropriation?

Hmmmm.....maybe these idiots will demand there be separate grocery stores, separate water fountains, and bathrooms.

Ah, that modern Neo-Racism, kinda makes you projectile vomit all over the room in disgust, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Really ? Geez , I did not Know Toco's were Racist . How about Spaghetti ? Chinese Italian .............

My stepmother uses spaghetti as the noodles for her lo mein recipe. It's actually pretty common because it's much cheaper than other, more Asian-cuisine specific noodle types.

I can just hear her making some SJW's ears burn, "You either eat my food, or you go hungry. NO FOOD FOR WHINERS, shut up and eat!" My god, I love that woman's bluntness, it may have rubbed off on me over the years

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This just proves that if you look hard enough you can find problems with even mundane things. People have too much time on their hands.
edit on 2020/7/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep, the ones who scream the loudest...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hmmmmnn.....A step backwards?

Dont they know?

History tells us been there done that.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
What a load.

Like an epic diaper deposit.

1700 people?????? That's all it took????!!!!

I just learned this morning, AND I'M NOT KIDDING, that milk and sleep are also racist.

We are surrounded by fanatical lunatics on an unprecedented scale!
😩

ETA:

MILK
www.10news.com...

SLEEP
www.theatlantic.com...

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

You forgot math is racist too...

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racistβ€”Will California Be Far Behind?

by Lee Ohanian
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
California’s latest K–12 test scores were released earlier this month. Despite spending 26 percent more per pupil after inflation since 2011, test scores remain low, and improvement is proceeding at a glacial pace. Just 40 percent of California schoolchildren are proficient at math. What should be done? Seattle’s idea is to teach their students that US math education is racist, is used to oppress people of color and the disadvantaged, and has been used to exploit natural resources.

www.hoover.org...

I guess math class is coded so only caucasian children can learn math? I have never felt more confused in my life? Even if taught by someone other than a caucasian?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
That could be a problem since it's the Asian kids who dominate in math. Last time I checked, they were "people of color" too. How are they going handle that?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes , A Woman after my Own Heart too . Want Dessert ? .......)

edit on 20-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
That could be a problem since it's the Asian kids who dominate in math. Last time I checked, they were "people of color" too. How are they going handle that?

Anyway they can politicize it I guess. But that reminds of another story...

Chris Reed: Is UC’s decision to drop SAT mandate really about reducing Asian enrollment?

www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

According to a 2019 Census Bureau estimate and official state statistics from 2019, Asian Americans made up 15.3% of the state population and 9.3% of K-12 students but were 33.5% of UC’s total 226,125 undergraduate students. Hispanic Americans were 39.3% of the state population and 54.6% of K-12 students but made up 24.8% of UC undergrads. White Americans were 36.8% of the state population and 22.9% of K-12 students but made up 21.4% of UC undergrads. African Americans were 6.5% of the state population and 5.4% of K-12 students but made up 4.1% of UC undergrads.

These numbers don’t include any of the 29,754 international undergrads, who were primarily Asian nationals.

So when UC President Janet Napolitano, UC Board of Regents Chair John A. PΓ©rez and campus officials bemoan the lack of diversity in their student bodies, most people translate that as too many whites and not enough Hispanics and African Americans. But what they are actually griping about is an admission process in which Asian American students β€” 1/11th of the K-12 cohort β€” get 1/3 of UC undergrad spots, and Hispanic students β€” more than half of K-12 enrollees β€” are 1/4 of UC undergrads.

Who said hard work goes unrewarded.........

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Probably start a condemnation campaign against Asians for being racists themselves for being able to learn??πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

That's not what this is about at all, it's just a smoke screen.

IT'S ABOUT CULTURE OR THE LACK THEREOF.

Period.

Clean up your yard.

Now, I've said it before that certain traditional Asian cultures are incredibly racist and they fly under the radar because they are successful at working hard and not causing a stink.

But never fear....no one is safe from this train wreck.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I know the Japanese can be very racist....

There are still shops and restaurants in Japan that will prevent people from entering based on race.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join