It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Joe's Removing Racist Packaging

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Now you're fat shaming!!! What's left?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...Thanks to a very Woke, young, California teen and his heroic petition, grocery store chain, 'Trader Joe's' is removing all of it's "racist" packaging of it's international lines of foods.
It seems to be some sort of new "racist" cultural-appropriation angle, known now as "exoticism", whereby 'Trader Joe's' is establishing the name 'Joe' as superior to common names in other cultures...or something like that...the logic behind the accusation really doesn't matter too much these days.

Whatever the actual crime may be...suffice it to say that 'Trader Joe's' is obviously somehow "racist"...and it is now bending over backwards to the heroic young wokester and is moving heaven and earth to quickly right it's "racist" wrongs.
More than 1,700 people have signed a petition urging Trader Joe’s to change the labeling of some of its international food products, calling the grocery chain’s branding β€œracist.”

Heres a solution, they don't HAVE TO buy, its a choice, their choice? ......

See what their 'principals are like when they get hungry?

Will they still hold out for a NON RACIST brand.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This is about publicity and column inches.

Trader Joe's is just going along for the ride.

Where is the original source of the petition?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Should probably build a wall or something. We dont need any racist, taco eating, poncho wearing, sombrero loving, Mexicans named Jose'. That would be bad for covid.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I guess maybe I'm over reacting a little...but, dammit, that "racist" food just tastes so much better.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The real question is...IS Trader Joe's a BIG FAT PUSSY?

That would be "Trader Joanne"

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What a load.

Like an epic diaper deposit.

1700 people?????? That's all it took????!!!!

I just learned this morning, AND I'M NOT KIDDING, that milk and sleep are also racist.

We are surrounded by fanatical lunatics on an unprecedented scale!
😩

ETA:

MILK
www.10news.com...

SLEEP
www.theatlantic.com...

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

edit on 7/20/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

Can't post petitions on ATS.
Petition available at Change.org.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

The real question is...IS Trader Joe's a BIG FAT PUSSY?

That would be "Trader Joanne"

Let's just call it "Trader Karen's".

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

Can't post petitions on ATS.
Petition available at Change.org.

The petition 'Trader Joe's: Reduce Plastic Packaging!' is more successful.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I'm so confused. So is a Mexican man named JosΓ© racist now?

No. A Mexican man named Jose who eats tacos is racist because no Mexican man named Jose has ever eaten a taco in the entire history of Mexico. He also probably didn't wear a sombrero and colorful poncho at the same time. Probably didn't have a moustache either. And it's highly unlikely he said, 'ariba' ever too.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I guess maybe I'm over reacting a little...but, dammit, that "racist" food just tastes so much better.

No you're not really, it is telling that the very small minority of perpetually offended idiots are running amok and everyone is caving to them.

When all brands and corporations have been sterilized what will they target then?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If I want authentic Mexican food, Trader Joe's is a last resort anyway. Within a mile of my house I can feast on dozens of delightful Mexican dishes prepared in restaurants, or even better, trucks or little tent places set up in the parking lots of closed car washes. Best tamales come out of a big orange Home Depot bucket.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What next: "White boxes labeled, folded, fried corn based flat disks"? Are getting ready for the next generic food revolution?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Next I suppose White Castle is going to rename itself "Gut Bomb Castle" to appeal to all races of people who care nothing for their personal health.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

What next: "White boxes labeled, folded, fried corn based flat disks"? Are getting ready for the next generic food revolution?

Ummm...."White boxes"?
Racist much?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Just what kind of "Trader" was the original Joe?. I bet it was slaves. Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Reaganomics to the rescue!!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That's the dumbest crap I've heard yet. It's obvious these kids (they're NOT adults by any means) have yet to actually touch a history book, for ANY country/ethnicity they white knight for. My sister-in-law's favorite niece is married to a guy from Mexico, his name is Jose. Everyone calls him Joe or Joey, and he genuinely likes the nicknames. According to these self-absorbed twatwaffles today, he's racist against himself or something.

The useless SJW schlups can shut up and start making sammiches. It's ALL they're useful for. They're not even good enough to bone, FFS.
edit on 7/20/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

No you're not really, it is telling that the very small minority of perpetually offended idiots are running amok and everyone is caving to them.

When all brands and corporations have been sterilized what will they target then?

Actually, a very good question.
Why won't a grocery store or restaurant selling food from different cultures...be accused of cultural appropriation?
edit on 20-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join