It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Joe's Removing Racist Packaging

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
...Thanks to a very Woke, young, California teen and his heroic petition, grocery store chain, 'Trader Joe's' is removing all of it's "racist" packaging of it's international lines of foods.

It seems to be some sort of new "racist" cultural-appropriation angle, known now as "exoticism", whereby 'Trader Joe's' is establishing the name 'Joe' as superior to common names in other cultures...or something like that...the logic behind the accusation really doesn't matter too much these days.

Whatever the actual crime may be...suffice it to say that 'Trader Joe's' is obviously somehow "racist"...and it is now bending over backwards to the heroic young wokester and is moving heaven and earth to quickly right it's "racist" wongs.

More than 1,700 people have signed a petition urging Trader Joe’s to change the labeling of some of its international food products, calling the grocery chain’s branding “racist.”

“The grocery chain labels some of its ethnic foods with modifications of “Joe” that belies a narrative of exoticism that perpetuates harmful stereotypes,” the petition, which a California high school senior launched two weeks ago, reads.

It cites “Trader Ming’s,” the grocery chain’s label for its Chinese products, “Arabian Joe,” for its Middle Eastern products, “Trader José,” for its Mexican products, and a handful of others as examples.

“The Trader Joe’s branding is racist because it exoticizes other cultures – it presents ‘Joe’ as the default “normal” and the other characters falling outside of it,” the petition says.

Basically, Trader Joe's gives it's store brands of international foods culture-specific names, using derivatives of the 'Trader Joe' name...
Trader Jose' for it's Mexican food line
Trader Ming's for Chinese food line
Arabian Joe for it's Middle Eastern food line

How this "racist" atrocity has gone on unchecked this long is beyond me.---BUT I KID.

www.eastbaytimes.com... es&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com
edit on 20-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder how much longer Big Chief jerky will remain on the shelves, is 7-11 woke yet?.

This sh#t is getting annoying.
edit on 20-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fair enough I guess, calling trader Joe's stuff trader José in order to try and fit into the prevalent reality is bad!

Just call stuff by its real name, no matter where it is sold, but be prepared for some strange sh** on your shelves.

Stuff you can't even read because YOU ASKED FOR THIS SH**!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ah the spoils of war. Wokeness at it's peak. This young SJW will surely have many cafe' latte's bought for it.

One day, even today idiots will look back on this and shake their heads. it will take time, as today, they are climbing over themselves in the race to dumb#sville.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yet another cave-in to the deranged mob.
Sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They're doing all they can to usher in a Democrat President and a full Democrat power grab !!!

The MSM is buttering-up the Public with their daily BS 🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Trader Jose' for it's Mexican food line

I can maybe see why some of the rest of those, not that I agree with changing them. But how is trader José racist? Is José not Spanish for Joseph? Is that not literally just still trader Joe's?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm so confused. So is a Mexican man named José racist now?
edit on 20-7-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Racist against white europeans?

Jose is a white european name.

Spanish is a white european language.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The name Taco..

It originated from Mexican silver miners in the 18 th century. Gunpowder was wrapped in a paper like a “taquito” and inserted into rocks before detonation.

By this time, tacos were known as the food of the working class, which included miners. This resulted in their portable street food being called “tacos de minero“, also known as “miner’s tacos”.

As to José which one is trader José... is he the English, Spanish, French, Dutch or Celtic one?

edit on 20-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

i have a buddy. his name is dick. he also started a petition but only 10 women signed it and they were all lesbians. so we can still say dick to our penis.

maybe i'll start a petition: let's turn off the internet before it kills us all!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Just call stuff by its real name, no matter where it is sold, but be prepared for some strange sh** on your shelves.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

And the madness continues on and on and on...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Companies that cave to these woke #wits piss me off more than the irrational slop being pushed by said woke #wits.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Apparently.
It appears the name Trader Joe is being held up as somehow superior to the more subservient Trader Jose'.
Because only white people are named 'Joe'.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Too much time on their hands.....

Time for those idiotic swj's got their hands dirty doing something useful!!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
How about big chief tablets in the hands of elementary school children?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

No. A Mexican man named Jose who eats tacos is racist because no Mexican man named Jose has ever eaten a taco in the entire history of Mexico. He also probably didn't wear a sombrero and colorful poncho at the same time. Probably didn't have a moustache either. And it's highly unlikely he said, 'ariba' ever too.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As long as they don't change the recipe, I'll still buy Trader Honky's Miracle Whip and Baloney on White Bread sandwiches.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The real question is...IS Trader Joe's a BIG FAT PUSSY?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join