It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800,000 Strong PRO FREEDOM rally in Lebanon!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Remember a couple of weeks ago, about 100,000 protested the USA in Lebanon and supported Syria?

Well, the actual will of the population spoke out today with nearly a million people wanting Syria OUT!!!

Yahoo news:

"A sea of Lebanese flags cover demonstrators in Beirut's downtown. Almost a million people surged into central Beirut to demand an end to Syria's near-three decade military domination of Lebanon, hurling a dramatic and potent challenge to the pro-Syrian Lebanese government..."

news.search.yahoo.com...

Way to go LEBANON!!!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We live in great times.

We are beggining to see a region, which for thousands of years has lived in a backwards oppresive state, begin to show their true spirit to the rest of the world.

Saudi Arabia has just had elections - and they promise to allow women to vote in the next one.

Iraq has had free elections.

Afghanistan has had free elections.

What say you now liberals? Bush has triggered a powder keg of Democracy in the middle east - would any of you care to give him his fair share of credit? Or are you all too spitefull to admit he has done good here?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
We are beggining to see a region, which for thousands of years has lived in a backwards oppresive state,

Well, really, more like 500 or so, at least relative to the rest of the world. Lebanon especially was a cultivated place for a long time.

Undoubtedly tho these rallies are epochal.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think this is great. Oops I'm not a liberal...

So much hatred for your own countrymen in the United States. I find that an utter shame.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

So much hatred for your own countrymen in the United States. I find that an utter shame.

What hatred? Where is the hatred? There is no hatred in this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm curious, if the Lebanese have their election, and the pro-Syrian factions win, will we acccept the results of their democratic election, or ignore it and continue to demand the Syrians withdraw? It seems a lot of Lebanese seem to think the Syrians are the only ones keeping the Israelis from invading again.

Personally I suspect the US will not accept any election result favorable to the Syrians.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey here is a crasy idea how about we try to get all our soldiers home to their families and let other countries worry about thier own damn problems

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Kramthenothing]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by cargo

What hatred? Where is the hatred? There is no hatred in this thread.

Your hatred for your own countrymen. The liberals. You know...the "powder-keg" comment? Correct me if I'm wrong then, but would you go and have a beer with a liberal coworker? Greet his family at their home, have a BBQ lunch with them and your family Let your kids play with their kids? And then go home, get on ATS and spout your hate for liberals? Do you stick to your own kind on a daily basis? Do you hate liberals?

And most importantly, and the crux of the point. Why the liberal comment?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm curious, if the Lebanese have their election, and the pro-Syrian factions win, will we acccept the results of their democratic election, or ignore it and continue to demand the Syrians withdraw?

Undoubtedly if there was a plebiscite that read 'should syrian troops leave lebanon' and there was a good majority of 'no' votes, then the UN resolution would be meaningless and no one would be able to legitimately say that lebanon doesn't want occupation.

It seems a lot of Lebanese seem to think the Syrians are the only ones keeping the Israelis from invading again.

A lot, yes, but of course some of those 'lot' are syrians and hizbollah. The majority seem to prefer that lebanon not have syria occupy it. Thats my understanding. Certainly thats the general thrust of the lebanese discussion groups.

Personally I suspect the US will not accept any election result favorable to the Syrians.

Well, its all supposition anyway. I doubt in the extreme that a majority of lebanese want the syrians to stay. Israel wouldn't even have been in lebanon if the syrians and arabs hadn't gone to war with israel, twice. And if the lebanese wanted the syrians to stay I suspect that the US would not pursue that avenue.

new topics

top topics

join