It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WuhanFlu ---- Kentucky couple put on house arrest with ankle monitors....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You say you don't trust the CDC, then proceed to link a bunch of things referencing the CDC.

That was for you a quick glance at what you would probably accept as "real" number.
I think there have been way better people than you or me doing the math and you never see the same numbers twice.

keep in mind, this isn't going away...this isn't dying out until fall...

Why is that?

flu activity peaks between December and February, but activity can last as late as May.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Remember Andrew Speaker?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believed at the time that Speaker was suffering from extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB). The incident sparked a debate in Congress on the failure of federal customs agents to stop him.[2] Upon Speaker's return to the United States, the CDC placed him under involuntary isolation (similar to quarantine) using a provision of the Public Health Service Act.[3] With this action, Speaker became the first individual subjected to a CDC isolation order since 1963

en.wikipedia.org...

In the United States, authority to quarantine people with infectious diseases is split between the state and federal governments. States (and tribal governments recognised by the federal government)[63] have primary authority to quarantine people within their boundaries. Federal jurisdiction only applies to people moving across state or national borders, or people on federal property.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Even if it could be argued legal it has never been policy for any health authority to seize people when acceptable self-quarantine is possible.

The states have the right
I have posted the wording repeatedly.
Not my problem if you don't like it. Call your congressmen to have it changed I guess
I am just posting what rights they have.

It actually doesn't even have wording requiring someone to be sick, just that they can take whatever measures they desire to protect the public in a health crysis. If you want to get technical, the wording is soo loose that states could go full dystopian hellscape every flu season, so luckily they seem overall reasonable.

You posted a few general paragraphs and 0 laws. I'd ask you to post real sources, but we know where that goes.

WRONG. For example in Washington.

WAC 246-100-040

(1) At his or her sole discretion, a local health officer may issue an emergency detention order causing a person or group of persons to be immediately detained for purposes of isolation or quarantine in accordance with subsection (3) of this section, or may petition the superior court ex parte for an order to take the person or group of persons into involuntary detention for purposes of isolation or quarantine in accordance with subsection (4) of this section, provided that he or she:

(a)Has first made reasonable efforts which shall be documented, to obtain voluntary compliance with requests for medical examination, testing, treatment, counseling, vaccination, decontamination of persons or animals, isolation, quarantine, and inspection and closure of facilities, or has determined in his or her professional judgment that seeking voluntary compliance would create a risk of serious harm; and

which is what happened here
hey, congrats on all your stars though, you aren't the only one ignorant of the law and so are demanding an echo chamber.
that and about 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee when it comes to how things actually work though.

What an embarrassingly bold display of willful ignorance.

You said

It actually doesn't even have wording requiring someone to be sick, just that they can take whatever measures they desire to protect the public in a health crysis.

I cited one of many laws that contradict your ignorant opinion.

Pushing garbage opinions as truth is bad enough, but persisting after being shown you're wrong is really bad for your already damaged reputation.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The only way these house arrest laws can be legally permitted is if the Covid19 becomes over run and threatens national security.

See my post above about Andrew Speaker.

Where are you getting the info about only if it threatens national security?

Covid has brought out all of the armchair virologists and constitutional lawyers.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Thanks I'll give it a watch.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Granby

Where are you getting the info about only if it threatens national security

From my FEMA Packet. The book is about 3 inches thick and has guidelines for every incident/situation. From paramedic, flightmedic, flight nurse, firefighter 3 and FEMA response team member. I've been around for 30+ years.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Granby

Where are you getting the info about only if it threatens national security

From my FEMA Packet. The book is about 3 inches thick and has guidelines for every incident/situation. From paramedic, flightmedic, flight nurse, firefighter 3 and FEMA response team member. I've been around for 30+ years.

ahh cool

it's a we take your word for it situation and trust you cause hey. 30+ ammirite

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

States have their own laws on quarantine procedure and it doesn't require an emergency declaration.

If the health officer can convince a judge it's legal under state rules the judge approves. From there it would require, I guess an injunction to lift it or an appeal, but it's really the last thing that should ever be used to get compliance.

Without knowing what they objected to signing and what alternatives were offered, if any, it's really hard to know for certain if this is overreach or just a recalcitrant couple that refused any kind of compromise.

If they're positive they should try to stay home unless they have to leave and when they leave they should wear masks and pratice social distancing. Did they refuse that? Who knows. It's kinda convenient they are saying they disagreed with the language without any further explanation. Was there any effort to modify the language to suit them? Who knows. The health department can't say anything because it would confirm they have Covid and violate HIPAA, but the couple is being vague.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Considering the tens of thousands, even millions, or people who either are asymptomatic and go about their business to those who are only mildly sick and stay at home(but are not locked up), to those who are mildly sick but still go out (and we know there are those out there) those this smacks of government overkill.

I don't care what they signed or didn't sign.
It's over the top.

If anything, this will keep even more folks from getting tested.
Giving fake names.
Leaving their phones at home.
Etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Very true statement.

States have their own laws on quarantine procedure and it doesn't require an emergency declaration.

In fact your whole post is spot on. However The health dept along with a weak Sheriff that is elected to uphold the State, County and the United States Constitution. I'm willing to bet that getting the flu gets you a house arrest with an ankle bracelet and permanent record is not in the statute. The couple was ask to sign paperwork that made them uneasy. Sounds like it was bothersome enough that they needed a lawyer on the spot. No lawyer was provided and they got their civil right taken away with 24 7 monitoring with perhaps a lengthy prison sentence if the 200 foot rule is broken.
We ( health-care workers and the local department of health do not have the authority to arrest are take away human rights. The health dept. has no say and way over abused their privileges.

If the couple was cautious enough to get tested just in case, thus not infecting other family members. Then I'm sure they might have stayed home anyway and probably would call family and friends for basic needs while and if the C19 came to fruition. But now because they refused to sign a piece of paper, they're now criminals. This feels like a classic case of KAREN thinking she has absolute power.

I'm part of PEMA until called to do disasters such as Fires, post hurricane relief. Those calls come from a federal level, but not for long. Pennsylvania is FEMA region 3, along with Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
We do not have the authority to arrest are take away human rights.

www.pema.pa.gov...
www.fema.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Considering the tens of thousands, even millions, or people who either are asymptomatic and go about their business to those who are only mildly sick and stay at home(but are not locked up), to those who are mildly sick but still go out (and we know there are those out there) those this smacks of government overkill.

I don't care what they signed or didn't sign.
It's over the top.

If anything, this will keep even more folks from getting tested.
Giving fake names.
Leaving their phones at home.
Etc.

I've had a respiratory infections for a few days. I wore a mask when I went to a couple stores and the lab for routine tests. Otherwise I've stayed home. It's just a basic minimum people should do when sick.

It's over the top in my opinion IF the couple had agreed to the same measures but just took issue with "language". I don't understand what they objected to. I can only see two scenarios. Either the health department was completely inflexible, which would be against the quarantine laws I know, or the couple was just refusing to sign anything that acknowledged they agreed to follow the guidelines. One of the parties had to be unwilling to compromise. They don't seem to be saying and the health department can't.

The discussion about if Covid deserves this level of response is way more involved. It's a hysteria driven response and what I posted on another threat applies to this topic as well. Judges and health officials can fall for it too. Just replace mask with ankle monitors in the scenario.

Studies have shown human nature is to assign disproportionately high risk to things that are highly publicized or emotionally upsetting. The constant news on beloved family members dying of Covid is particularly effective at those two things. It's also proven that human nature is to assign higher risk to things that can't be controlled by the individual. By wearing a mask, thus gaining some control, you immediately reduce your perceived risk disproportionately to the actual risk reduction. Those three things synergistically make the risk reduction appear enormous while actual risk reduction is clinically insignificant. The same principles apply to the people making masks a government mandate. The data doesn't change.

ETA: a reply to: Bigburgh We were posting at the same time but I think this answers your comments too.
edit on 7/20/20 by Ksihkehe because: Added tag

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thanks I'll give it a watch.

This is the one I have to wonder if People realize. I remembered some of the laws but not most!

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Augustus' Rules For Radicals: Rule #1. Never, ever, ever trust the government. Rule #2, always see Rule #1.

Ah yeah, everyone knows that . What are you going to tell us next that you cant trust politicians? The real issue is that the majority of dumb arses dont realize that my party is different and less evil. I said less evil man, what more do you want?
edit on 12731America/ChicagoTue, 21 Jul 2020 00:12:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I hope it's just nothing, I hope you'll be ok.

I've had a respiratory infections for a few days. I wore a mask when I went to a couple stores and the lab for routine tests. Otherwise I've stayed home. It's just a basic minimum people should do when sick.

Like the couple, you did the right thing. You even wore you mask to help reduce the spread of whatever you have. I have asthma and cut grass the other day. Can't breath on a 95° day with bad air quality warning. There's no way I can cut grass and breathe normally while wearing a mask. So as usual particulates got in my nose and mouth and I come down with Bronchitis. Been using my nebulizer twice a day with many blast of Venntolin. I'm wheezing and audible crackling. But I don't have the Covid as I was recently at the doctors office 2 weeks ago. Had bloodwork and a swab. My kidneys are diminishing but no Wu Hu Flu. Also governor Tom Wolf mandated that you now must wear a mask in all public places. 6 foot rule and you have to get alcohol to go from restaurants. bars are of course banned at the moment.

We both agree on this..

It's over the top in my opinion IF the couple had agreed to the same measures but just took issue with "language". I don't understand what they objected to. I can only see two scenarios. Either the health department was completely inflexible. or the couple was just refusing to sign anything that acknowledged they agreed to follow the guidelines. One of the parties had to be unwilling to compromise. They don't seem to be saying and the health department can't.

Again I'm going to say that something was off and they either didn't understand what they were signing or felt they needed a lawyer for what was being thrown at them and needed a 3rd party to help explain what was on them paper before signing. Most criminals get a public defender appointed to them. This couple got house arrest with ankle bracelets no questions ask at the request of the department of Health carried out by the Hardin County Health Department and Sheriff John Ward. Now the couple really need a good lawyer. Representation and Basic human rights were made unavailable.

The discussion about if Covid deserves this level of response is way more involved. It's a hysteria driven response and what I posted on another threat applies to this topic as well. Judges and health officials can fall for it too. Just replace mask with ankle monitors in the scenario.....

"Studies have shown human nature is to assign disproportionately high risk to things that are highly publicized or emotionally upsetting."

The people are isolated ( feeling lonely ). You put on the T.V and you hear "Allegheny County health officials stated that there are 245 new cases of carona virus" .
We're being inundated with nothing but covid this mask are the new normal that.

Nothing but covid. Then people are not getting options. Buddy of mine is a funeral director. He spent 2 week in New York city collecting and preserving the expired. He hadva different story to tell vs what Cuomo and De'Blasio are spouting.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm staying home too and letting things run it's course. I have a box of latex gloves in the car with disposable mask.( I recommend having a bag to throw away mask and gloves. Wash yadda yadda your hands while listening to slipknot.

I gotta get some sleep.
Have a a good night👍😊
pic]ig5f161321.gif[/pic]

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Added to my list. Thanks👍

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I think it's just normal allergies and maybe a touch of bronchitis for me. I hope yours clears up soon.

There have been times I simply would not be able to wear a mask and I'm medically exempted. I'll stop as soon as my symptoms are gone in spite of the mask mandate. Masks have a use in some circumstances, but the blanket orders aren't based on science.

I suspect Covid will miraculously be a lot less critical and newsworthy after election day.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Buddy of mine is a funeral director. He spent 2 week in New York city collecting and preserving the expired. He hadva different story to tell vs what Cuomo and De'Blasio are spouting.

So what did he tell you?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

"If they go more than 200 feet from their home, cops — who obviously have better things to do — get alerted."

Better things to do like guard BLM graffiti in NYC?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Its shameful. The fact NYPD pulls these # details despite all the hatred the left (including leadership) has thrown their way is a testament to their dedication to the uniform.

This is a top notch professional organization

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Ah yeah, everyone knows that . What are you going to tell us next that you cant trust politicians? The real issue is that the majority of dumb arses dont realize that my party is different and less evil. I said less evil man, what more do you want?

Banal advice, I know, but look how many people still talk to cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join