It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WuhanFlu ---- Kentucky couple put on house arrest with ankle monitors....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This does not bode well to me.

Oh, come on...we know that we can trust the govt. They have only our bestest interests at heart, they're here to help.

Help who, though, comes quickly to mind.

The scariest sentence ever: I'm from the govt. I'm here to help.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Covid Internment camps.....

Wonder what ever happened to those FEMA coffins?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This isn't a case of mere civil liberties being violated, it's outright direct violation of the Constitution of the United States. The individuals on the state side who prosecuted this couple should do time for violating their Rights, period.

So an ankle bracelet is a form of arrest/confinement, so whether it is a 6x6 foot cell or 200 feet ankle bracelet it is confinement.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Never volunteer.
For anything.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In these times we live in now, even trying to do something good tends to bite you in rear end.
edit on 20-7-2020 by JamesLimelight because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This unfortunate woman thought she was doing the right thing.
And is now imprisoned in her home, along with her husband.

Is it better that she was unaware and spreading it?
If she just disagreed with wording I would be agreeing with you however she was a carrier.

First they came for those infected with coronavirus...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Isn't it?

The couple can not go outside a certain radius without guys with guns showing up to, in this case, harass them. It might as well be a prison wall.

They, and others I'm almost positive, are being persecuted for actions they might take. Not for anything they have done.

They're only crime, if crime it is, was to refuse to sign a piece of paper. They haven't gone out and started breathing on people, or anything even remotely like it.

So, I'd have to say it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
antibodies come after the problem is over...takes about 28 days from contraction to show up, so that part is inaccurate
Seems they were found positive for the virus itself, not the antibodies.
So, they were actively infectious
They then decided they weren't going to cooperate, at least on paper, with self quarantining.

What measures should be in place when someone is found to have a untreatable highly infectious novel virus that has potential to cripple or kill people. States do have this right to force quarantine sick people.

State, Local, and Tribal Law
States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Lots of you folks are screaming "quarantine the sick, not the healthy". Well, here is a sick couple and now you are basically moaning that they are being forced to quarantine.

Also, anyone who is bitching about this as some constitutional issue obviously doesn't know how the constitution or state authority works. Meaningless words.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Isn't it?

The couple can not go outside a certain radius without guys with guns showing up to, in this case, harass them. It might as well be a prison wall.

Thats how quarantine works, yes.

Whats the issue?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

This unfortunate woman thought she was doing the right thing.
And is now imprisoned in her home, along with her husband.

Is it better that she was unaware and spreading it?
If she just disagreed with wording I would be agreeing with you however she was a carrier.

First they came for those infected with coronavirus...

OK, let's put it this way for you, since you seem to be among those who are cautiously approving of government overreach when dealing with this *ahem* "pandemic."

When the government takes heavy handed action like this, they cause your side far more consternation and damage than not... why is this? Simple, who in their right mind would go and get tested for COVID, absent symptoms, if they know that throwing a positive test WILL upend their entire life and remove them from being in control of their own decisions, movements, and actions, replacing self choice with government edicts? Who would put themselves through that Unconstitutional nightmare? In other words, if these stories become more common, a LOT fewer people will go get tested and those not getting tested represent people who would likely have been extremely careful and mindful, likely even self quarantining, had they been tested and told it was positive... but they don't wish to totally surrender their basic human Right of choice over self.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

So, I'd have to say it is.

There is no distance on arrest. Back when I was in the military we wanted to put a 200 mile limit on everyone on our base back with 911, and the legal department said it was a form off arrest and we could not do it as a general rule.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
We have too many idiots with too many cushy jobs and too much power.

Someone's gonna get hurt...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Whats the issue?

Civil liberties? Constitutional rights...small crap...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh, come on...

Um... okay... but "come on" where exactly?

It seems we're already on the same page.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I honestly keep waiting for some Covidiot to "discover" an early draft of the Constitution that includes some variant of "All Rights of The People are subject to suspension in the event of a pandemic, including any proposed and aggrandized by the media."

I still cannot fathom how Americans support that crap. It's literally opening the door up to some truly Orwellian bull#. Right up there with the past 4 decades of the USA being under a constant state of some manner of officially declared "war" be it against drugs, homelessness, terrorism, AIDS, now COVID... all to provide an extra layer of Extraconstitutional authority to the government, "permitting" an end-around on basically any enumerated Right the powers that be find selectively inconvenient.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Now I understand why my son-in-law refused to let my daughter be tested.

She was sure she had it and recovered, but he told here their was no way she was going to be tested.

Now I get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Whats the issue?

But states have constitutional rights to force quarantine on sick people.

State, Local, and Tribal Law
States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

So, whats the real problem then?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Whats the issue?

What civil liberties, Democratic Governors don't believe in them anymore.
What constitutional rights, Democratic Governors don't believe in those either.

The Democratic Party long ago threw away any belief in the constitution. They want to cancel the constitution just like they want to cancel nearly every pre-civil war President from history.

Even Obama said the constitution was outdated and needed to be scrapped when he was in office.
edit on 7/20/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But states have constitutional rights to force quarantine on sick people.

So, whats the real problem then?

I might have missed the point as to whether they were currently sick at the point to sign. The funny part is so lets say I sign then go party? Signing is typically just saying you have read the document, so they could read the document to them and then comment that they did. Ankle bracelet seems over stepping if they were not caught breaking a quarantine first just as if I did sign and then went out as normal breaking quarantine.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I still cannot fathom how Americans support that crap. It's literally opening the door up to some truly Orwellian bull#. Right up there with the past 4 decades of the USA being under a constant state of some manner of officially declared "war" be it against drugs, homelessness, terrorism, AIDS, now COVID... all to provide an extra layer of Extraconstitutional authority to the government, "permitting" an end-around on basically any enumerated Right the powers that be find selectively inconvenient.

Two words.. Patriot Act...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
With the number of false positive and negative tests I don't trust anyone that counts on them for anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join