It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History repeating itself

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'd have to see it to believe it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The is no honor in using past lives of the dead to justify a
senseless haunting of mankind's present and future. What
about people just recently coming here from all over the
world? Many of them fleeing places that would be our worst
nightmare. I wonder what someone like that might have to
say to you? To your face! All I can say is get a life or GTFO
while we're still a country that gives you a choice.

STFU or GTFO lol

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That is why they didn't round up German Americans during the war. German Americans have always been heavily armed. Where do you think our minute men had brought their rifled muskets from?

The rifled barrels of our minute men found their Mark's easily. Making it possible to pick off british officers with precision.

Japanese Americans on the otherhand were never known for being a heavily armed segment of the populace, and lacked the american colonial lineage of their German counterparts.

It is impossible for an armed population to be conquered by force by their own government. This was heavily discussed in the federalist and anti-federalist papers.

A government can not afford to muster and equip greater than 5% of their population for war, this leaves the remaining armed population at a heavy advantage against any army their own government could muster.

edit on 20-7-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

You've answered your own questions Cars

I know what they would say to me - and I know what I have said to them

Telling people to shut up and be grateful is never useful. Especially when the story is ongoing
edit on 7/20/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
He needs blacks and white to put our heads in the sand and pretend there isn't a problem in the treatment of the black race since slavery abolished. To pretend that racism isn't real and that people of colour are not subjected to discrimination, segregation and the pain of racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

That is why they didn't round up German Americans during the war.

Are you sure ?

A total of 11,507 people of German ancestry were interned during the war, comprising 36.1% of the total internments under the US Justice Department's Enemy Alien Control Program

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

You can't be that ignorant to even imagine I don't think
racism exists? That's quite literally impossible for just about
anyone who can type and has a pulse. Your idiocy is all over
you like a bad suit when you single out blacks as the only race
it happens to. so check yourself before ya wreck yourself.
All that really needs to happen is for you to pull your head
out of your ass.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Granby

Those aren't citizens they are enemies of the Republic. They hate this country, its flag, its Constitution, its founders and everything we stand for.

We're talking about protecting *real* Americans, not the fake kinds who feel the need to apologize for things they didn't do and empty their pockets and bend over at the first sign of resistance like an over cooked wet noodle.

At this point I'd settle for getting rid of those types. They hate this country so they should leave, while they can do so. They wanted to fundamentally alter it, but we rejected that wholesale. Continual attacks on the nation, attempts to install a non-Republican form of government and nightly acts of cowardly violence will only result in their demise NOT the sort of fundamental change they seek. We're good the way we are, they can take their change and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

I really don't care, do you?
edit on 7/20/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Pretty much exactly

Change is never easy. People prefer to not have people make them think

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Exactly right

Nobody denies racism exists, it exists against all races by all races. The problem they don't understand is that its by private individuals harboring racist beliefs against others, which is actually their right to do so if they choose (no matter how stupid you or I believe it is)

There is no institutional racism. The law already protects all individuals regardless of race.

This isn't a problem that can be legislated away.

Engaging in violence or other chaos-driven strategies merely reinforces those with that sort of mentality. Time heals all wounds, and time is the *only* possible way that racism will ever disappear. There are no legislative solutions. There are no law enforcement solutions.

And doing things like blaming police when some criminal is breaking the law, resists arrests and ends up hurt or killed will only *delay* that realization. Accusing non-racists of being, well, racists will certainly not turn the non-racist into a racist, but it will make them stop paying even the slightest bit of attention to their claims. Once you've seen someone falsely accused of racism merely for holding a different opinion, it really makes you question the other questional instances of it too (see: 99% of accused individuals in 2020)

edit on 7/20/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Pretty much exactly

Change is never easy. People prefer to not have people make them think

Do you mean ‘make them think they owe someone for something they didn’t do’?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granby

originally posted by: Metallicus
An armed population won’t be put in camps, however, we must defend our Constitutional rights if we want to keep our freedom. Also, I totally agree with your views on BLM. I have been verbally attacked as a racist for not supporting the Marxist, BLM organization. The fact is we can all support black folk without supporting the destruction of our nation.

hhahahaahah

more tough talk

meanwhile you armed crusaders are cool with citizens being snatched up.

So much for the right not to get scooped up for no reason.

Keep talking loud on the internet.

You must be responding to someone else, because I have no idea what you are on about, however, if you don’t believe I am resolved to protect my home and family you are sorely mistaken.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Just typical left wing trolling. They assume that since we aren't actively killing a commie (a worthwhile cause, IMO) we won't use force to defend our lives, our property or our Constitution/flag/nation/President.

Like I always say, one of those black mask wearing momma's boys has to actually put one of those things in jeapardy before they'll get a chance to find out the hard way how wrong they are.

edit on 7/21/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join