It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Cultural Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Well the same goes for the extremists on the left who want chaos.

Anyone who talks of civil war does not seem level headed to me.

I'm in 100% agreement with you, ANYONE, left or right, advocating for civil war, doesn't have their head screwed on straight. We have a really good thing going with our country, it's not perfect, not by a long stretch, but consider the alternatives, and imagine what would be left in the wake of a civil war. Not a pleasant thought...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I would like to see a resurgence of ethnic cultures, not some new world order communist revolution.

I'd like to see my Bohemian roots celebrated with lots of cabbage dishes served along with some good Pilsner beer. The Czechoslovakians are a hard working and intelligent people, where is the recognition in the form of festivals much less a revolution to return to our ethnic cultural roots?

Sounds like a form of discrimination to me, esp. considering that the Slavic people (and many others) were enslaved by the Ancient Romans. Of course you won't see a sign that says "Czech Lives Matter" will you?

Hey, watch it with that line of thought, mister.

You better.....Czech...ya self.

[snare drum roll; audience applause]

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OP is correct at assessing this as a cultural revolution.

Those calling this a war are just afraid someone's going to take their way of life as our culture changes to fit in more lifestyles.

We honestly need to change, otherwise the species is doomed.

It's a shame America nearly extinguished the native culture.

If we returned to our roots, which is nature instead of embracing capitalist patriotism, our planet wouldn't be in such a bad spot and we wouldn't be gearing up for a worldwide resource grab.

If counterculture is to succeed, we must slay this era's Richard Nixon.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

maybe in an ideal world that might be true but history has shown the opposite, that often times a revolution is controlled by a small group of individuals that use violence, social pressure and intimidation to control large groups of people. revolutions rarely lead to a better society and it takes nations decades to recover if they ever do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join