It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such a thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: chr0naut

Some people find the desert, dry climate physically more comforting than a wetter climate, myself I've worked hot factories all my life so I keep my home around 65 degrees year round. Have you ever been to the USA? A past pastor of mine from NZ loved American roller derby, wrestling, doing donuts in the winter snow, and the open America highways. He was quite the card, very nice guy although he always rolled his eyes when referring to Aussies he had met.

It's a friendly rivalry.

When Australia federated, they offered to incorporate New Zealand. When it went to a vote, New Zealanders declined, as was their right. To a large extent, banking, insurance and other business in NZ is 'owned' in Australia, but legally and operationally, NZ is a different country.

It is probably similar to the way Canadians feel when they get called Americans. There's no real animosity there, just sporting rivalry.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah I am sure I already posted something to the effect of, whatever your chosen flavour of politics is.....once you take it to whichever extreme end of the spectrum, it all becomes FUBAR....and breaks down into a grade A $hit-show.

Your reference to Marxist /Fascist. Historically they have fought each other..kinda makes you wonder....why has everyone got their panties in a bunch now. Jeez... people don't even know anymore what side they are actually arguing for.

Used to be religion was the opiate of the people. Now we have political ideology...divisive and controlling the masses through chaos.
Politicians these days, paint them whatever color you like...are all the same. Vacuous, worthless manipulators with no souls and zero integrity.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I am not going to do your research for you.
If you have access to books, articles...ehh Internet?
Have a look at the rise of Neo Fascism/ Nazism in the 21st century.
You might discover then which branch of politics it is generated from.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: chr0naut

Why would anybody in their right mind believe anything the Democrat Parti writes or promises ?

🤣🦃🤣

Because they are major contributors to your current government, having a majority in Congress. If they actually wanted to destroy America, it would, by now, be destroyed. The truth is that they are Americans and their lives are entirely dependent upon not destroying America.

Lots of intelligent and knowledgeable people are thinking they are doing exactly that...trying to destroy America as it is/was. If you are watching in certain ways it is correct definitely when it comes to Christianity , they say " by any means". Not seeing calls for unity from either side honestly and all off it during on of the worse crisis the USA has faced in a long time, certainly one that is affecting most of the public.

Can you please point out where that "by any means" quote originated? Or where a Democrat politician said that?

The nearest that I have been able to tell is that it came from a 1960's intellectual, Frantz Fanon, a play by Jean-Paul Sartre, Malcom X and other civil rights groups also in the '60's, and was repeated frequently in those trolling Russian memes in 2015-2016.

edit on 20/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

Your reference to Marxist/Fascist. Historically they have fought each other..kinda makes you wonder....why has everyone got their panties in a bunch now. Jeez...

Just two extremist groups fighting each other while being basically the same. We see it with religious groups too such as Shia/Sunni or Catholics/Protestants as they are basically the same damn thing, but would kill it other all the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Can you guys get on topic!

Stop with the Hitler was right/left. Not the point of the thread.

MASSIVELY hijacked thread.

It is an interesting question, is there such a thing as a Christian Democrat today. What does hitler marxism etc have to do with that question. Go create your own thread for that. Wow, I come back to this thread and see 2 pages on this. The interesting question has nothing to do with what you are talking about. Create a thread.
edit on 20-7-2020 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
As a Christian, I wonder if it is possible for another Christian to be a Democrat?

Is there such a thing as a Christian Democrat? Their platform seems to be hellbent on the following:

1) Destroying America as we have known it. Just see BLM and other anarchist movements.
2) Ensuring Abortion is legal everywhere, even to the point of killing a baby after it has been born.
3) Deconstructing any and all support structures for religion, specifically directed at Christian churches. (Tax Free etc)
4) Abolishing the 2nd Amendment. Leaving us unable to defend our rights.
5) Boycott Divest Sanction Israel movement, with the help of George Soros. Which amazingly ironic, check his childhood. Perfect match.
6) Anything said towards the Chinese totalitarianship = racist. Remember the Never Never Never slogan for allowing the holocaust to happen on this planet again? Look no further than China today and their muslim and Christian populations.
7) Labeling people that believe the bible 100% as crazy lunatics. I personally can't see how people believe wholeheartedly in evolution vs creationism. If you do just even a little bit of homework you will find amazing flaws in their arguments. Carbon dating and the use of Egypt to incorrectly date all prehistoric and historical sites in Europe and Asia is another stinker.

There is a lot more I could throw up there. But the list was already getting long.
My thoughts are, once the Democratic party takes control of the House Senate and Presidency, they will unleash their full wrath on Christianity in America. And the mobs will be their police, to include Google/YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, and the rest.

Like China, you will have to go to extreme length to find a gathering place to voice your opposition. You won't see or hear any of the opposition on the major news networks. And it will be censored and banned online.

The way I see it, this is bound to happen anyways. In order for bible prophecy to be fulfilled, a strong Christian Nation with a strong leader cannot be present in the world scene.

Ironically, the left will not go after Islam. Even though that religion is against absolutely everything the left stands for.

I'm sure there are Christians who are Democrats. But they are lying to themselves and bending all kinds of truths in order to justify their stance.
This is where a two party system breaks down.

Those things are not the platform of the Democratic Party.

A right-wing party did send 6 million Jews to the gas chambers and start a world war, though.

Also, just four years ago, there was a Democratic Party US President - for eight years. The US wasn't half as messed up as it is right now. Perhaps you could consider that?
Communist regimes in Russia, China and elsewhere killed as many as 100 million of their own people.

I’d say an import from China called covid19 has a lot to do with why things are so messed up right now. And the Left has decided anarchy is a great idea.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: FingerMan
As a Christian, I wonder if it is possible for another Christian to be a Democrat?

Is there such a thing as a Christian Democrat? Their platform seems to be hellbent on the following:

1) Destroying America as we have known it. Just see BLM and other anarchist movements.
2) Ensuring Abortion is legal everywhere, even to the point of killing a baby after it has been born.
3) Deconstructing any and all support structures for religion, specifically directed at Christian churches. (Tax Free etc)
4) Abolishing the 2nd Amendment. Leaving us unable to defend our rights.
5) Boycott Divest Sanction Israel movement, with the help of George Soros. Which amazingly ironic, check his childhood. Perfect match.
6) Anything said towards the Chinese totalitarianship = racist. Remember the Never Never Never slogan for allowing the holocaust to happen on this planet again? Look no further than China today and their muslim and Christian populations.
7) Labeling people that believe the bible 100% as crazy lunatics. I personally can't see how people believe wholeheartedly in evolution vs creationism. If you do just even a little bit of homework you will find amazing flaws in their arguments. Carbon dating and the use of Egypt to incorrectly date all prehistoric and historical sites in Europe and Asia is another stinker.

There is a lot more I could throw up there. But the list was already getting long.
My thoughts are, once the Democratic party takes control of the House Senate and Presidency, they will unleash their full wrath on Christianity in America. And the mobs will be their police, to include Google/YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, and the rest.

Like China, you will have to go to extreme length to find a gathering place to voice your opposition. You won't see or hear any of the opposition on the major news networks. And it will be censored and banned online.

The way I see it, this is bound to happen anyways. In order for bible prophecy to be fulfilled, a strong Christian Nation with a strong leader cannot be present in the world scene.

Ironically, the left will not go after Islam. Even though that religion is against absolutely everything the left stands for.

I'm sure there are Christians who are Democrats. But they are lying to themselves and bending all kinds of truths in order to justify their stance.
This is where a two party system breaks down.

Those things are not the platform of the Democratic Party.

A right-wing party did send 6 million Jews to the gas chambers and start a world war, though.

Also, just four years ago, there was a Democratic Party US President - for eight years. The US wasn't half as messed up as it is right now. Perhaps you could consider that?
Communist regimes in Russia, China and elsewhere killed as many as 100 million of their own people.

I’d say an import from China called covid19 has a lot to do with why things are so messed up right now. And the Left has decided anarchy is a great idea.

The actual strain that is most infectious (it has nearly twice the 'spike' proteins), the one that is now affecting 90% of the world, including all of the US, originated in Italy, or the US.

But I think that there was no great conspiracy by 'the left'. What really happened is that some governments have failed their citizens so greatly that they have invented a great conspiracy of evil, as if to excuse themselves of culpability.

edit on 21/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

You almost had me... almost.

But, believe it or not, there’s people like me who agree with all of your points with the exception of the Jesus angle you had to layer in.

Are Christians “lunatics”? Yeah - pretty much. Never met a devout “Christian” - and I mean a hard core bible thumper - who wasn’t legitimately nutty. Like almost possessed nutty and light in their loafers. Super bizarre stuff. Plus... They’re ignoring a whole lot of points that suggest they may not be all they’re cracked up to be...

Perhaps we could start with their thoughts on “The Pagans” - or commoners - and how the Christians stole many of their beliefs but repackaged them... and slayed a bunch of Pagans, too.

Or said another way, The Crusades that killed millions of people... never mind all of the other death that the Christian religion (and all organized religions) brought on the world.

I’ll stop there as this won’t be a short list, but let’s not sit back and think Christianity is this real wholesome, classy, human loving and above reproach thing. The Church is bastardized and it’s followers do probably have personal psychological problems.

But, you’re right - no idea how any thinking human could be a lib. But that’s just me.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
a reply to: FingerMan

You almost had me... almost.

But, believe it or not, there’s people like me who agree with all of your points with the exception of the Jesus angle you had to layer in.

Are Christians “lunatics”? Yeah - pretty much. Never met a devout “Christian” - and I mean a hard core bible thumper - who wasn’t legitimately nutty. Like almost possessed nutty and light in their loafers. Super bizarre stuff. Plus... They’re ignoring a whole lot of points that suggest they may not be all they’re cracked up to be...

Perhaps we could start with their thoughts on “The Pagans” - or commoners - and how the Christians stole many of their beliefs but repackaged them... and slayed a bunch of Pagans, too.

Or said another way, The Crusades that killed millions of people... never mind all of the other death that the Christian religion (and all organized religions) brought on the world.

I’ll stop there as this won’t be a short list, but let’s not sit back and think Christianity is this real wholesome, classy, human loving and above reproach thing. The Church is bastardized and it’s followers do probably have personal psychological problems.

But, you’re right - no idea how any thinking human could be a lib. But that’s just me.

Well. Where to start?

Just because you have not met a Christian who is not crazy doesn't mean very much. You must live in China or western Europe. Some of the brightest minds this world has ever known were Christian. So your claim falls on many deaf ears as incredulous and non-credible.

I do understand the crazy factor in people. I had a group of barely english speaking asian women show up at my door telling me I was going to hell. They were of a local cult. I was not very nice to them. Think I told them to hail satan or something lol.

Do not judge lest you be judged. That is exactly how I feel. There are vastly better people than me whose souls have not been redeemed. I can't say I'm better than them. Lucky, chosen, and a few other things come to mind is how I describe it.

Now, I'm a pretty reasonable guy. If someone brings up an argument that I can't defend, I go and study up, and I'll admit my shortcoming. Evolution used to be the biggest argument against the bible. Matter of fact, that is where the entire idea originated, as groups wanted to take the argument away from the church. And who can blame them. At that time, end of the dark age, the church was not completely espousing virtue. But Evolution is no longer a credible argument for the serious mind. So many holes have been poked into it, even devout atheists concede Evolution needs a major rework.

I could argue with you about the history of the pagan church, known as the dark ages. But you seem to have made up your mind. But unless you ask yourself why so many intelligent and logical people believe wholeheartedly in the Christ, then you cannot begin to learn what they know. The knowledge is not apparent or easily gained, which is contrary to what most believe of the bible.

More importantly, an even better question to ask, why this God and religious texts and not another? And that is where my faith was sealed. The countless prophecies that have come true in the bible are like an amazing Sci-Fi book, but that is reality and not fiction. People seem to love the Dune books, Star Wars etc. The story of Yeshua is even more intriguing. Especially the parts we don't yet know.

To be honest, as per the bible, the truth is hidden from those not in the book of life. Some scholars would even label Christians as "the chosen". But to briefly look at a crazy Christian, or to quickly scan the story of the bible, you WILL ABSOLUTELY miss the point. And that is my point. That most miss the point. They argue for argument sake, and they do not have a full grasp of the content. If they did, they surely would not arrogantly say such things as you did. There have been very few, of the people I describe, that are actually interested in picking apart this mystery. The resources and references are readily available and I can point you to them. But they are not quickly or easily digested.

edit on 23-7-2020 by FingerMan because: mistyped words

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join