It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple tactics to defeat trolls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Don’t defend your position press it. Stick them in a box and make them reply to you.

I would say defend it at all costs. Most trolls want to get you sidetracked and change the narrative and move to goalposts further from your original argument. If your claim or argument is sound, stand firm. Otherwise, they're trying to lead you astray.

The simpler and more succinct your argument/posts are, the better. It feeds them less.

Keep the focus narrow. If you see an issue with something they have said that is incorrect (and you can prove it), press that issue, even when they try to, again, change the narrative.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: drussell41

That would be fine occasionally. But many trolls are relentless they pick out their victim and hound them knowing the victim is attempting to ignore them. They want to run you off from the forum or trigger you and get you banned .,

Meaning they want to silence you. You can’t ignore some no matter how great that sounds .

That’s part of their game I don’t understand the problem is with taking away their one and only tactic .

All trolling comes down to putting the victim on the defensive whether it’s insulting their ego, intelligence or beliefs .

True.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yep press your position I Agreed .

Don’t defend it dominate It.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The trolling I experienced was them leeching my thoughts having them on my skin working on my nerves.

They want you to write down exactly what's on your mind, holding nothing back.

It's feels like they crack your mind open and all that's left is you without any thoughts anymore.

It's a lesson learned in time.

Always make sure you remain with an idea or a thought you can move on with or you get trashed.

And it gets all mental and stuff.

Only respond back to your senses and at peace and make sure God is involved.

Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.
edit on 19-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

We have one member here that excels in that tactic.

He's not a troll.

He just has cabin fever being stuck at home b/c Covid, imo.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I like your style Fallingdown at the other places you have always been a babe Ruth style shooter and done exactly what it says on the label .

As it says on my signature i am Dick lecik

I love this site for the photo storage

Yip pics say a thousand words for someone like me

edit on 19/7/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So this is how to — troll a troll.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

So this is how to — troll a troll.

Pics or it did not happen bro you know the mantra here

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I can agree with that synopsis from a book knowledge point of view.

Here’s an example of how desperate trolls can get. One site I go to the owner is very liberal and hates my attitude. He will give the trolls more protection than Twitter or Facebook .

My son committed suicide about 10 years ago.

I spent the better part of an evening with multiple people attacking me telling me I was to blame . The owner let it go and even participated .

I destroyed them to the point were many avoid me to this day .

The thing was it never got to me because I knew what they were doing . They were desperate and grasping at any straw and needed to be taught a lesson .

I didn’t care because they are nobody and under no circumstances do I care what they had to say which drove them crazy .

The same thing happened to me on the same site when I relayed a story about a friend of mine who is a police officer. His daughter was brutally raped at six years old and found bleeding on the garage floor .

My oldest daughter made an excuse not to babysit that night and blamed herself for years . She ended up sacrificing most of her high school years to make sure that child was never alone again .

They were close friends of my family and we took it as a mission to help the child through her terror .

So instantly all of the trolls attacked making accusations that I was a pedophile . I picked up the gauntlet and hounded everyone of them for months. Some apologized others dropped their names and continue to troll as anonymous guest .

There are evil horrible people on the Internet who need taught a lesson. You just can’t ignore assholes like that .

To ignore people like that emboldens them and leaves them free to terrorize other people. People kill their selves because of being trolled. To sit on your hands and do nothing is cowardice .

I do suffer a severe white knight syndrome and I am come to defense of enemies in the same situation .

The Internet is full of evil sadistic POS.

Somebody has to have the balls to take them on and I’ve always been more than happy to .

edit on 19-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

For the most part everything about the Internet is a game.

The key to being happy on social media is to enjoy the game .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oops

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Engaging trolls here can and does result in materials for both parties.

Engaging trolls can and does derail threads.

Don't
Feed
The
Trolls
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on Sun Jul 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Damn autocorrect😈

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Take a look at my edit .

From time to time we hear stories about a teenager that killed theirselves after being relentlessly trolled .

Don’t you think if somebody stood up for them that might not have happened ?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If someone makes a blatantly false statement in ones opinion who is the troll the original poster or the responder from one owns opinion?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Trolling a well-known troll is OK in my book .

But leave the innocent alone .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A couple times a year I’d like to give advice on how to handle trolls. I had this on file it isn’t one of my best pieces. But it gives you an understanding of what you’re up against when you’re not at a well moderated site like ATS.

How to deal with trolls.

The trolls I’ve known are usually one of four types for the most part their goal is the same. They want to get under your skin.

The soft troll: usually female they are taunting, belittling, condescending, arrogant and they talk down to you In a dismissive manner. When they get you to fight back . Because of the soft trolls lack of aggression they can label you a troll. They usually have groupies. Once they trigger someone . The group starts reporting you. Their whole goal is not just to get under your skin but to get you banned for fighting back .

If you can’t ignore them. Trap them traps are effective on most trolls. Maneuver them to a subject you’re ready for and drop the hammer. Then you rob them of their supercilious attitude. They can’t talk down to you when everytime they do they are wrong . Basically humiliate them they will leave you alone.

The hard troll: Almost always a male, hyper aggressive uses proxies, sock accounts they are on the Internet for one thing. To HUNT for VICTIMS .Their groupies aren’t harmless like the others. They’re usually nasty little snots with juvenile personalities. The leader and his followers pick VICTIMS then relentlessly stalk you using pieces of personal information that they pick up from you and others. They don’t want to just antagonize their VICTIMS. They don’t want get them banned. They want to make their online life a living hell for as long as the can.

Again ignore them if possible. If they persist cut off the head of the snake. You’ll recognize who it is. Ignore his followers and go for the head prick. Traps and smart ass comments work. A good tactic is to cherry pick their post for the part you want and ignore the rest. That way you get your shot in without acknowledging their’s . But if you aren’t amused and having fun. These guys are going to trigger you.

The super troll : Either sex they are highly intelligent funny and usually part time trolls. They have many tactics not just the above . You can spot them by the trail victims they leave behind.
Very dangerous and completely unpredictable stay away because you’re gonna lose . Only spar with them them to learn . They usually don’t go after people For retaliation.They are completely unflappable. They will befriend people then turn on them in a Instant. Like I said unpredictable and dangerous.

Then there’s the Troll hunter : Again either sex and almost always a former Super Troll. They develop a white knight syndrome and seek pittance for their actions. They pick out the most annoying little piss-ant then catch them off guard and will do it for anyone. Lots of tactics like a super troll . But can turn off or switch them on a dime.

Don’t worry about these guys unless you’re a jerk or a troll. They will leave you alone and even become great friends .

Never let any troll put you on the defensive.
Reply for your entertainment not theirs.
Don’t drink unless you’re a happy drunk.
I can’t stress this enough, “ don’t care” about their opinion that is your armor .. If you can keep them out of your head. They have nothing.
Try to turn their tactics against them.
I’ve given this advice many times. Including on some of the gladiator sites. It helps some people and doesn’t help others. But at least I try.
FD

Again the phrase is just ignore them or don’t feed the trolls will come into play. Good advice and a nice tactic but completely impossible. If you’re on the Internet sooner or later a troll will get to you .

It is inevitable

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Here’s an example of how desperate trolls can get. One site I go to the owner is very liberal and hates my attitude. He will give the trolls more protection than Twitter or Facebook .

My son committed suicide about 10 years ago.

I spent the better part of an evening with multiple people attacking me telling me I was to blame . The owner let it go and even participated .

I destroyed them to the point were many avoid me to this day .

The thing was it never got to me because I knew what they were doing . They were desperate and grasping at any straw and needed to be taught a lesson .

I didn’t care because they are nobody and under no circumstances do I care what they had to say which drove them crazy .

The same thing happened to me on the same site when I relayed a story about a friend of mine who is a police officer. His daughter was brutally raped at six years old and found bleeding on the garage floor .

My oldest daughter made an excuse not to babysit that night and blamed herself for years . She ended up sacrificing most of her high school years to make sure that child was never alone again .

They were close friends of my family and we took it as a mission to help the child through her terror .

So instantly all of the trolls attacked making accusations that I was a pedophile . I picked up the gauntlet and hounded everyone of them for months. Some apologized others dropped their names and continue to troll as anonymous guest .

There are evil horrible people on the Internet who need taught a lesson. You just can’t ignore assholes like that .

To ignore people like that emboldens them and leaves them free to terrorize other people. People kill their selves because of being trolled. To sit on your hands and do nothing is cowardice .

I do suffer a severe white knight syndrome and I am come to defense of enemies in the same situation .

The Internet is full of evil sadistic POS.

Somebody has to have the balls to take them on and I’ve always been more than happy to .

WOW bud that is one sorry tale

i got your 6

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Incidents like those are the reasons I can’t and nobody should let those people skate .

I’ll tell you something else to despite fighting over half the form and the owner. I haven’t gone anywhere I’m still there .

Never let them see you sweat .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss.

There is a difference between a troll and a bully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join