It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster - Proof

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
But hark, what noodle-dragon did I behold from the corner of my eye?

Well OK, a true story. Because I was dating this guy I ended up sleeping at his female friend's house.

And boy did she have a house, with a sea-view in Clifton.

Anyway I was stuck there with her for 24 hours.

No food, no booze.

And bored eventually I asked her, did you ever see a UFO?

And she said yeah, the late 1960's three massive triangles were flying over the sea, and almost smashed into the window.

Or is that just more Spaghetti Monster derring-do?

Oops, no wait, the Spaghetti Monster is only for gods, not aliens.

But what if (you follow my logic) gods are aliens?

Is that bologna sauce for the goose and the gander?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Does anybody know the whereabouts of Balko the demon?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I don't know who Balko the demon is.
Could you give a hint?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
God is The Most High.

a reply to: pthena

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

To quote Goethe:

...I have found no confession of faith to which I could ally myself without reservation. Now in my old age, however, I have learned of a sect, the Hypsistarians, who, hemmed in between heathens, Jews and Christians, declared that they would treasure, admire, and honour the best, the most perfect that might come to their knowledge, and inasmuch as it must have a close connection to the Godhead, pay it reverence. A joyous light thus beamed at me suddenly out of a dark age, for I had the feeling that all my life I had been aspiring to qualify as a Hypsistarian. That, however, is no small task, for how does one, in the limitations of one's individuality, come to know what is most excellent?
Hypsistarians: Mention_by_Goethe

I for one, am of the opinion that Goethe's involvement in the forced sale of vagabonds, criminals, and political dissidents into the British mercenary corps to fight the Americans during the Revolutionary War was not excellent.

But I don't hold his actions against Yψιστος, aka ʽElyōn.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ha.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Do these creatures mate?

Surely the symbol of atheistic evolutionists gets some nookie?

Not necessarily, that's mainly for the "sinful" religious people.

But if you ever find your mop not in a position where you left it, chances are the Spaghetti Monster came on over for a dance.

We'll meet again, don't where don't know when?

Indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

The ancient Titans and Deities mated, according to the myths.

The FSM is said to be the creator, according to the Pastafarians. I don't know how long ago that they think this occurred. They say that He intervenes in Carbon-14 tests, so who could know?

The Pastafarian afterlife features a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

He may get satisfaction from watching mortals mate. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
Ha.

Thank you,

I feel truly enlightened now.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thinking of the Frisbeetarians.

They believe that when we die the soul goes up on the roof, and stays there forever.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
George Carlin in 1978:

“I think when you die your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo.”

That's an abbreviated version of what I heard in 1975, something like:
"Today, Really Leary, brother of Timothy Leary,
announced the founding of a new religion,
that teaches that when you die,
your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo."

My college roommate played the tape for me,
because, he said, "I thought you'd get a kick out of it, being a pre-ministerial major and all."

I actually talked to George on the phone once in 1977.
edit on 19-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I always found the name a gutless slam on calling it the church not the temple, mosque did not want to offend the Jews, Buddhist or Muslims just the Christians.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

From what I read at their webpage, they don't slam anybody's religion.
Perhaps it was Christians rather than Buddhists, Jews, etc. pushing for Intelligent Design to be taught as Science to the Kansas Board of Education.

As far as the meaning of the word Church:

From Middle English chirche, from Old English ċiriċe (“church”), from Proto-West Germanic *kirikā, an early borrowing of Ancient Greek κυριακόν (kuriakón), neuter form of κυριακός (kuriakós, “belonging to the lord”), from κύριος (kúrios, “ruler, lord”), from Proto-Indo-European *ḱewH- (“to swell, spread out, be strong, prevail”).
wiktionary - church

The roots of the word seem to pre-date Christianity.

edit on 20-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

To think God predates everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Is this Jeopardy or what? You give an answer and I'm supposed to come up with the question?

What is New Kingdom Egyptian Amun-ra-ism?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

My God, this can't be answered with a simple yes or no. Is this scientificaly proven, please tell me it is. I don't want no explaining how many gods don't exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

www.etymonline.com...

church (n.)

Old English cirice, circe "place of assemblage set aside for Christian worship; the body of Christian believers, Christians collectively; ecclesiastical authority or power," from Proto-Germanic *kirika (source also of Old Saxon kirika, Old Norse kirkja, Old Frisian zerke, Middle Dutch kerke, Dutch kerk, Old High German kirihha, German Kirche).

This is probably [see extensive note in OED] borrowed via an unrecorded Gothic word from Greek kyriake (oikia), kyriakon doma "the Lord's (house)," from kyrios "ruler, lord," from PIE root *keue- "to swell" ("swollen," hence "strong, powerful").

Greek kyriakon (adj.) "of the Lord" was used of houses of Christian worship since c. 300, especially in the East, though it was less common in this sense than ekklesia or basilike. An example of the direct Greek-to-Germanic transmission of many Christian words, via the Goths; probably it was used by West Germanic people in their pre-Christian period.

The word also was picked up by the Slavic tongues, probably via Germanic (Old Church Slavonic criky, Russian cerkov). Finnish kirkko, Estonian kirrik are from Scandinavian. Romance and Celtic languages use variants of Latin ecclesia (such as French église, 11c.).

Phonetic spelling from c. 1200, established by 16c. For vowel evolution, see bury. After the Reformation, church was used for any particular Christian denomination agreeing on doctrine and forms of worship.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The only thing proven, anecdotally as opposed to scientifically, is that The Flying Spaghetti Monster can move a balloon around.

This does not prove that The Flying Spaghetti Monster has created everything from nothing.

This does not prove that The Flying Spaghetti Monster can grant immortality to mortal beings.

You can move a balloon around too.

I'm sorry that I have disappointed you. I wish there was something more that I could offer. We share the Sky and the Earth and the Waters and the Sun shine. To me, these are greater than The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Don't disappoint yourself again.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Rejoice, for you have been blessed by his noodly appendages!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join