It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the USA team up with other Asian countries and build islands next to Chinas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Oh, yes, you are from the USSR, tovarisch, if you all know how it was there)))

I dream of living in glorious Rooshen state where great leader Vladimir Puto gets historic 104% approval rating from very free citizens.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Oh, yes, you are from the USSR, tovarisch, if you all know how it was there)))

I dream of living in glorious Rooshen state where great leader Vladimir Puto gets historic 104% approval rating from very free citizens.

Congratulations! You are good at it)))

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

This is more like if the US built islands around Canada and we used our military to tax every ship going through the area.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When is come to pissing contests, I hear russian hookers are the best.
edit on 00000071036710America/Chicago19 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No need for a conflict.
Just trade sanctions until they back down.
A world wide effort of course not a us one.

The wealthy and government officials would still be able to afford anything thing they need. Sanctions is an act of war focused on the poor and needy.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
When is come to pissing contests, I hear russian hookers are the best.

Envy is a very bad feeling)))

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Probably already moved some underwater bases nearby to monitor them, and the Chinese have no idea they are there.
science.howstuffworks.com...

The usual purpose of such bases used by both the US and probably the soviets back in the day was to have a static position somewhere that the enemy least expect is and also were they don't know that it is, these bases serve as convenient stop's for everything from supply dump's for submarines but due to there difficulty in resupply only to be used when and as direly needed and also as possible naval fall back point's, imagine your harbours are gone, your surface fleet is decimated and you only have your sub's, they need somewhere to resupply and to get new missiles if necessary to fire another salvo assuming they survived the first launch since usually that would give there position away.

In all likelihood the US has them, in fact almost definitely they do but probably most unmanned and likely mothballed since the end of the cold war, but perhaps just perhaps they have new ones since the external threat to the US including Nuclear has escalated in recent years.

I mean I know we don't in the UK but we would have if we still had a grand fleet and the US has always been future thinking on defence issues so I can not logically see them NOT having them, in fact everything say's they do except of course no one knows about them which is a good thing and shows that they are doing there job of being secret.

Some may also serve as underwater nuclear silo's but given that the sub's are a better choice there likely not, all a base has to be anyway is a nuclear sub that is parked on the sea bed or perhaps even camouflaged to appear as the sea bed, they would have been towed to station by seeming civilian ship's underslung beneath there hull's and either assembled on site or else deposited whole on site - easier even for large structures if they had there own buoyancy control for the journey from there pick up location.

Remember the Oil industry are experts in this field but the military has to be ahead of even them and whom is the most expert at getting at underwater oil which is even harder than setting up a base on the sea bed because you have to both set up a platform and drill miles down into the sea bed to get to the oil deposits, all a military underwater base has to do is sit there and wait and watch and wait and watch.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sound like a job for
The Man from Atlantas

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

America's has its on issues and problems that are unique in it's position the last 70 years if not longer , it's not anything like the former USSR.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hell yes!

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

There are no shallow shoals to build islands out of around the US.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seems like alot of work with no reward

Just send them all our nukes now that way they will have less to launch back at us

thats the end result anyway why act like the goal is anything less

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here’s my idea for dealing with these artificial islands. Buy hundreds of old merchant ships. Fill them with dry concrete mix. Devise some way to rapidly flood the concrete mix, like explosive charges to blow holes in their hulls. Fit the ships with remote controls for operating their engines and steering. When hundreds of them are ready, position them near each Chinese island base. Guide all of them at once to the islands, running them aground inside their harbors and approaches. Make sure they settle in the most inconvenient locations, in formations calculated to be a bitch to remove. Flood the concrete mix. It’s not an act of war; no shots are fired. No U.S. personnel are harmed. The Chinese are illegally occupying the artificial islands according to every international law and just about every nation. They would be terribly indignant. So be it. Many people and nations, especially those around the South China Sea, would be delighted to see them get their comeuppance.
edit on 20-7-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Should the us continue to instigate conflict around the world, no.

The madness stops with trump.

The South China seas should be overseen by which the name implies.

I kind of get what you are saying but if China locks up the South China sea, what happens to Taiwan? Do we just let China crush them? We see what happens when you give China an inch with Hong Kong. China is building an empire and we are in competition with them as much as some dislike that idea.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join