It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - Russian rocket re-enters Earths atmosphere over Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I've just come across this impressive video and thought I'd share it here for others to enjoy,

Some backstory:

West Texas skies lit up shortly after 2 a.m. as a strange object streaked across the sky.

Initially, it appeared to be a meteor breaking up in the earth's atmosphere. But this object was moving too slow and didn't behave like a typical meteor.

...Dr. Marco Langbroek, a Dutch archaeologist who researches asteroids and satellite behaviors, tweeted that this was not a meteor, but a Russian rocket stage that was launched in 2019.

...Unlike SpaceX, most rocket launch operators do not recover the first stage of their rocket after launch.

This means that after sending their second stage and payload (satellite) into orbit, the first stage is left to orbit the Earth until eventually slowing down, re-entering the atmosphere, and burning up.

This rocket, called 2019-079C, is part of the Russian Soyuz launch system and launched at the end of November 2019, sending a military satellite called Kosmos 2542 into orbit.

Source

I had no idea that jettisoned rocket stages actually went into orbit and stayed up there for that long, I always thought that they just fell straight back to Earth, you learn something every day!

It would be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see something like this in person, I'm fairly certain that if I were ever lucky enough to witness something this awesome the last thing on my mind would be to look away and grab my phone to start filming,

Although, I'd end up kicking myself half to death afterwards for not dong so,...

I'm just glad that the dude in the video had the presence of mind to start filming for us all to witness, thank you random stranger!

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Too bad it didn't hit the ground. A recognizable piece of a Russian rocket could be very collectible.

Besides that, it could also generate a great second video to post, with a black suburban, a white cargo van and hazmat suits coming to your home. Awesome.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Looks like the stage had either magnesium or molybdenum in it, both will trigger a display like that, but Molybdenum needs much more heat than magnesium does. I do not know if any other metals have that property. Sparklers have magnesium in them. You need to watch when cutting metal with magnesium in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Those were some pretty intelligent rednecks they knew right what it was .

I was relieved not to hear the term UFO .
edit on 19-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was heading to Laredo, and it went right in front of me.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Classic lol

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
wow, last night was quite a good one for viewing over Texas! I went out to see the comet and saw 4 meteors while out there (one was pale blue!) so beautiful. Dang it I missed this though!
Thanks for posting, the guy sure got some great video!!

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

It was pretty cool. I thought it was a plane when I first saw it. It was just a white light, like a wing root light. Then it gradually grew a white tail that got longer as it went.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What did it look like to you -- a formation flight of separate lights, a large single object with lights along the rim, something else? This is a serious question based on UFO-related research, I'll fill in details in a few hours.
edit on 22-7-2020 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

It started out as a single white light. I thought it was a plane initially. Then it started to develop a white tail that grew longer as it passed. It was going left to right in front of me, and by the time the truck frame blocked it out, the tail was pretty long.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very cool video, thanks for sharing it.

originally posted by: JimOberg

What did it look like to you -- a formation flight of separate lights, a large single object with lights along the rim, something else? This is a serious question based on UFO-related research, I'll fill in details in a few hours.

I look forward to hearing more about that.

Also, thanks for sharing your research on the 1963 Kiev fireball Swarm. I was reviewing the July 24th, 1948 UFO sighting by two pilots of Eastern Airlines, which constituted one of " 'The three classic UFO cases of the late forties' by the Blue Book head, Captain Edward J. Rupplet", in the ATS thread on that topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astronomer Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a consultant to Sign, argued that it if the pilots had reported accurately what they'd seen, that "no astronomical explanation" was even remotely plausible. However, he did offer an admittedly "far fetched" explanation, suggesting that the pilots had seen an "extraordinary meteor." (Clark, 183)

Nobody believed the "extraordinary meteor" guess by Hynek which he said was "far fetched", and I would have been skeptical of that explanation myself before seeing your Kiev fireball swarm paper. But as you say, I think it's important research which led me to reconsider the meteor explanation which in light of the Kiev incident, I now think seems rather likely to be a good guess, and not far fetched at all, in fact I was amazed at the resemblance of the Eastern Pilot's drawing with the drawings from the Kiev fireball swarm!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2020722 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Too bad it didn't hit the ground. A recognizable piece of a Russian rocket could be very collectible.

Besides that, it could also generate a great second video to post, with a black suburban, a white cargo van and hazmat suits coming to your home. Awesome.

Didn't one of the Space Shuttles re-enter and disintegrate over Texas? I remember seeing pictures people took of what they thought was shuttle debris on the ground.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Started over Texas but most parts were East as in Alabama and Florida... and some in Texas.

The tumble started a bit before Texas but was confirmed as it went East.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Didn't one of the Space Shuttles re-enter and disintegrate over Texas? I remember seeing pictures people took of what they thought was shuttle debris on the ground.
This is the breaking news coverage of that:

Space Shuttle Columbia tragedy: WFAA's first breaking coverage

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
That was a sad day. Are the pieces of the shuttle valuable collector's items?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Thank-you for posting the video. I hope the astronauts onboard Columbia died quickly.

I wonder what was sadder for most people...seeing Columbia disintegrate, or Challenger explode?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
That was a sad day. Are the pieces of the shuttle valuable collector's items?
I don't know if there's a "back market" but it was illegal to collect and sell the debris, this talks about court cases of people who tried to keep the debris:

Punishments vary for debris thieves

The whole objective of these prosecutions was to publicize and educate the public that this property was not a souvenir; it was needed by NASA to determine what happened. The U.S. Attorney's Office made very few prosecutions, and timed and publicized those prosecutions to urge people to participate in the recovery effort."

a reply to: Arbitrageur
Thank-you for posting the video. I hope the astronauts onboard Columbia died quickly.
I'm not sure how they died exactly, but as far as their conscious experience, they surely lost consciousness soon after cabin pressure was lost. However they died after that, they were almost certainly unconscious when it happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The rocket stages that end up in the ocean (or landing back on the ground to be re-used if you're a smart-ass show-off) are usually the first stages that did the grunt work of getting the rocket off the ground. The Saturn Vs also dumped their second stages as they were very big rockets.

The ones in orbit are mostly the second stages that did the job of getting the payload into orbit. You can see these stages in orbit if the conditions are right as they reflect light in the same way as a satellite or the ISS does - this is one I snapped from my garden:

Sites like this one www.satflare.com... can tell you when the next re-entry is likely and roughly where it is likely to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

edit on 23-7-2020 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My teasing reference was to the way MANY witnesses to night-sky fireball swarms interpret them as large single objects with lights mounted on them, exactly in the 'Kiev Report' linked here:
"Giant motherships" of misperception:
www.jamesoberg.com...

Most witnesses to this mot recent reentry properly interpreted it as a swarm, probably a meteor or a falling satellite. Perhaps a quarter of them didn't, here are examples of those.

HEITOR DE SOUZA -- INCREDIBLE BIG MOTHER SHIP. WELCOME EXTRATERRESTRIAL .
SILENCE IS NOT AN OPTION == IT'S A SOLID OBJECT..LIGHTS ARE IN SYNC ..IT'S ALSO CAMOUFLAGED BLENDING IN TO THE NIGHT SKY... NO WIND? NO WHERE? IF IT BROKE APART IT WOULD SPIN AND LOSE SPEED AND LIGHT WOULD BEGIN TO DIE OUT..THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM SEEING HERE
Jaime R. Tosch == It looks like it is one large long space craft from our own U. S. Navy. There will be more .
Michael Carr == Is that space junk anti-gravity? It just seems to float around in the sky...nobody mentioned how it just seems to hang there.
Kevin Coulthard == Maybe you guys don’t realize the size of satellites but they are not that big and if they did come into the atmosphere it would not be such a drastic reaction. Sorry guys but it is something else.
Richard Jay == If that thing just flipped over as it looks like that is a giant Mothership triangular looks like about 10 or 15 miles long….. The only thing wrong with your theories is it looks like it's rotating space junk doesn't rotate
BuckfastConsumer == It's more than just lights.. maybe a massive mothership blew up in space.. or it's leaking fuel. [reply] looks like burning metals falling from a single point In the sky. usa may have downed a massive sattelite or spy plane
Peggy miller ==. Can't be a satellite because some of it was going up against gravity.
Dennis Wood == This was huge listen all you have to do is compare the space shuttle to this and this was no satellite this was as big or bigger than the space shuttle.
Tonya Whitten == It looked like it was moving upward at first. How can space junk go up ?
Mark Seveland == Agree, its larger in mass and complexity then the Shuttle. A lot more material and parts then the shuttle.
NaDopros == Seriously, though, space junk re-entering the Earth's atmosphere doesn't "float back towards Earth".
Panama Jack == I seen that a about 3am close to the Mexico border and it looked like a bright ufo…. I seen it driving on hwy 283. I drove right under it and to tell you the truth it didn't look like space junk. Also Fort Stockton wasn't too far away from where I seen it. It was too massive and stretched out to be space junk
TheGr8CosmicMother == The second clip, that thing slowed down and turned slightly
Jacqueline Freeman == This is a UFO.. an extraterritorial ship. these ships are showing off and these extraterrestrials want the citizens of the world to see them. they are uncloaking themselves since the Governments are not telling the citizens of The United States. They will will do the honors of introducing them selves. This is not a meator or space junk. from Russia. This is true reality. That exist. … A UFO showing of in the sky from 12:00 midnight until 6:45 am. They are giving the citizens a show. Come on now. We know. This is not junk floating in the air in this atmosphere. where gravity exist.
[jo] Did you see a swarm of fireballs in formation or one large dark structure with lights along its edges?
Jacqueline Freeman == Hey Jim I saw a large long structure with lights on it they were the Windows. … .. Dark structure.
Uhohhh_ 2020 == Slowed down and made a turn, Someone or something is at its control.
FUNKY ONE == im in dallas an we could see it ' whatever it was it was big everyone was outside an been talking about this still '
Donna Sutphin == It looks like a space ship...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join