It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coronavirus and Vaping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Yeah, I had an article talking about propylene glycol as a protectant, but I didn't use it because even though they had cited their sources it was from CASAA, not exactly unbiased. I was tired as well, so didn't really like staying up any longer.

I'm glad to see that it's being brought up though.

The thing is that I see that based on whatever research has been done that "experts" will say that vaping irritates the lungs damages cilia, and suppresses the immune system.

I honestly believe that's a load of BS. Ever since I quit smoking and started vaping I feel a lot better. I don't even use nicotine the majority of the time, and when I do it's the lowest level nicotine I can get.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: HalWesten

The study only says that smokers are less likely to get it but when they do get it most likely a higher risk of complications/worse outcome.

Also in China 80%! of the population smokes...

80??? I thought it was around 40. Maybe that's the US I was thinking of. Eighty percent??? That could be the way their government is trying to reduce their population.

Last time I checked it was at 17% last year. It wouldn't surprise me if it was even lower now.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I read Tony Hawks autobiography back in the early 2000s.

I'm pretty sure it was called Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder he talks about how one of his friends could reverse fart, and would inhale tuna fish or cat food or something and then fart it out that would make it even worse.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Agreed about feeling better switching from cigarettes to vape. I train MMA 3x a week, 2 hrs a day. I could not do that if I was still smoking tobacco. I know Juul got a bad rap, but I am down to 3% now after a 6 months off tobacco, and going to order some 0% after my next autoship. Hopefully after the 0% I can lay off the Juul and only inhale one other thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I've been thinking about getting back into sparring. There's a boxing gym over in Nashville that's supposed to be pretty good. There are a few BJJ dojos around that are supposed to be pretty decent as well. The MMA gyms look like they're geared towards middle aged women.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: HalWesten

The study only says that smokers are less likely to get it but when they do get it most likely a higher risk of complications/worse outcome.

Also in China 80%! of the population smokes...

80??? I thought it was around 40. Maybe that's the US I was thinking of. Eighty percent??? That could be the way their government is trying to reduce their population.

Last time I checked it was at 17% last year. It wouldn't surprise me if it was even lower now.

Yes sorry I was wrong. Still more then half of all Chinese men smoke..

The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (link in Chinese) finds 27.7% of Chinese people smoke, based on a survey of over 15,000 people above the age of 15 that was published Dec. 28. More than half of all Chinese men, 52.1%, smoke, compared to just 2.7% of Chinese women.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Also gave up smoking with the help of vaping and also feel much better. Never coughing anymore, much more air and you just feel better and much much cleaner.

But the governments & the media are anti-vaping with allot of fake news about it. Like for example those vape deaths and without they do any research and right away big headlines; vapers dying of mysterious lung desease!.
Also like they want to forbid flavors because kids may like it and may get addicted. Why not forbid beer flavors?? allot of kids drinking below the age of 18 or 21 in the US. And alchohol is proven very bad for your health, even more so with kids!
And they say for example (just filling in a number here) 40% of kids aged 16-18 vaped. But they only tried it they ain't using it on a daily basis but they say that in a way so people believe many kids are using it, which isn't so at all.

Hell, with that logic with a flavor ban (they also have this in my country next year (holland). They also should forbid alchohol free beer, i mean a big change when you drink that you may be drinking real beer with real alchohol!

It's just a great invention for people who smoke and want to still have the same kind of sensation without all the negative effect of smoking. I mean burning dry leaves which is smoking of course it's really really unhealthy.

So people, most of them read the news and are sure vaping is as bad a smoking. Hell, the government & the media is responsible for many deaths with their anti-vaping policy.

Here for example a very recent news article which the media reported as truth before got retracted:
A study claimed vaping doubles risk for heart attacks. It's been retracted for being 'unreliable'
consent.yahoo.com...

Of course that won't get much reported though, negative news about vaping right away.
edit on 20-7-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

No need to apologize for being mistaken!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yeah, I know firsthand that the vast majority of research on vaping is BS.

I used to make mods, and I had several friends who made juice.

People would say, oh you don't know what's in the juice. Yes. Yes, I did. Literally just propylene glycol, vegetable glycol, and flavoring. All of my friends used natural, real flavors.

All the bad crap that people were getting from vaping like "popcorn lung," was from cheap juice from China and cheap crap found at gas stations.

More media attention was drawn to it after the fact that Altria and Phillip Morris realized vaping was a risk to their tobacco sales. That's when all the talks about bans and regulations came into play.

It's kind of odd that vaping has been a thing for decades, and only when it became extremely popular did it become a problem.

Even in the research studies when they talk about metal leeching and toxic fumes it's because they literally keep the thing firing and cook the coils and cartridges to temperatures that no one would actually do.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

From what I remember, popcorn lung was never actually a problem with vaping. It was only a few cases, and those cases came from one popcorn factory where they were handling diacetyl in solid form every day for years. I've been vaping juices that contain diacetyl for about 7 years now, and haven't had any problems yet. I was finally able to completely kick the cigarettes out of my life about 10 months ago, but even the liquids that contain diacetyl are about 1/600 of the level found in cigarettes if I remember the studies correctly. The popcorn lung thing was nothing more than fear-mongering.

But I do find it odd that the one illness that caused deaths that were attributed to vaping have symptoms that are eerily identical to this Covid virus that seems to be at the front of everyone's mind right about now. Definitely something to think about. Maybe this virus has been around longer than anyone actually thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

From what I remember, popcorn lung was never actually a problem with vaping. It was only a few cases, and those cases came from one popcorn factory where they were handling diacetyl in solid form every day for years. I've been vaping juices that contain diacetyl for about 7 years now, and haven't had any problems yet. I was finally able to completely kick the cigarettes out of my life about 10 months ago, but even the liquids that contain diacetyl are about 1/600 of the level found in cigarettes if I remember the studies correctly. The popcorn lung thing was nothing more than fear-mongering.

But I do find it odd that the one illness that caused deaths that were attributed to vaping have symptoms that are eerily identical to this Covid virus that seems to be at the front of everyone's mind right about now. Definitely something to think about. Maybe this virus has been around longer than anyone actually thought.

Bam, Damn! That what I thought was peculiar as well.

Well, I thought so at first when all this first started making waves, but now that Covid-19 apparently causes every symptom known to man I'm not so sure anymore.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
How about vaping to prevent and/or cure Coronavirus

See my recent post here on ATS:

First peer reviewed study to show Nicotine offers potential protection against Covid 19
See it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Spare a thought for us South Africans who have had a complete ban on the sale of tobacco products since the lock-down began on the 23 March this year.
However, the black-market is thriving, and despite being horribly over-priced (leading to widespread suspicions that the ANC is both behind the ban and the black-market trade), a mysterious array of cigarette brands are available on the street, and hardly anybody has stopped smoking.
The government meanwhile has failed to convince anyone that smoking leads to more severe case of coronavirus, or that people shared "zols" or cigarettes (at least before the ban made them super-expensive).

Anyway, this is what a "drug-bust" looks like these days in SA.
Now I can rest assured that another evil vaping gang has been removed from our crime-ridden streets.

www.timeslive.co.za...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

Yeah, the symptoms are/were surprisingly similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join