It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Voting Machine Vendor in US Admits Its Systems Had Remote-Access Software Installed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Who is "we"?

RTI — Research Triangle Institute — produced the report and I, as an employee of RTI, was charged with the economics/cost engineering. Graduate school paid off.

What are DREs?

Direct-recording electronic voting machines, which were mandated by the HAVA Act, following the Bush-Gore fiasco in Florida. Zero paper trial with DREs.

The computer science consultant named in the report was from Princeton (or Yale, can’t remember which), and in the 25 minutes following lunch the day of the kickoff meeting, he developed some URL script that could be easily ‘dropped in’ to Maryland’s DREs, producing fraudulent results. That’s not hyperbole. It was that easy for him.

It took them four years, but SBE (state board of elections) of Maryland had all the DREs replaced a mere 7-8 years after first introduction.

Probably not, but thanks anyway.

I don’t blame you, most people are allergic to the effects of critical-thinking and more prone to snark and arm-chair quarterbacking. Bravo.

Glad I could clear all that up for you. However, my apologies for taking time to read your post and direct you to a prime example of your “If” conditional; reading the paper would have been too much trouble for drive-by, pot-shotting know-it-all posters and, in that vein, i sincerely regret offering you a chance to understand the problem from a technical research point of view.

Keep up the good fight — knowing is half the battle.🤦‍♂️

ETA: The new machines in Maryland are ES&S (verifiable paper trial eliminating any of that “If” you were bothered to arm-chair quarterback over); the replaced DREs were Diebold machines, all of which is in the report, if one can be bothered to read.
edit on 19-7-2020 by Cravens because: ETA

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
I don’t blame you, most people are allergic to the effects of critical-thinking and more prone to snark and arm-chair quarterbacking. Bravo.

I just don't have the time to read a 67 page report, that's it.

Thanks for the explanations.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Cravens

I just don't have the time to read a 67 page report, that's it.

Thanks for the explanations.

Having time to enlighten yourself (a Table of Contents is there for a reason, not to mention a 500-word exec summary) just isn’t as fun as going back-and-forth on an Internet forum ham-handing it and knowing what you don’t know. But I loved your extraneous emoticon in noting it probably wouldn’t be read.

C’est la vie.

And here’s your “you’re welcome” for the explanations: you’re welcome for recognizing punching above your weight is bad for the brain 🧠

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Those machines are a new topic to me, so if I wanted to understand the report I had to read it all, so I could familiarise myself with the terminology used.

PS: I don't comment on the rest of your post because I don't understand most of what you wrote.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's time we switched over to blockchain technology for voting. Blockchain is immutable. Especially if we have lots of people running nodes. I can't think of a better system to use.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Not sure why anyone would think it was a smart idea to open these up to remote access. Without remote access it'd be darn near impossible to compromise votes in a mass/distributed way.

This election will be watched closely. If there's any question of its legitimacy I'd expect an ardent challenge inside or outside currently established channels. But by all means lets risk all out war to save a few minutes a couple bucks so technicians don't have to do their job and travel to the site........
edit on 7/19/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink
You may want to read this site it began in 2003.
blackboxvoting.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was Veep of my primary school, and I believe the in the name in the hat is best.

computers can be hacked, a piece of paper cannot. That way we can avoid all this nonsense, i lost due to popularity, the votes were counted in front of our eyes so there was no possibility of electronic tampering or bribery, but then again America is a nation of 300 million people, not a primary school.

So how do we fix it? in this day in age we should have to question where our votes are going, we can't trust our votes to machines.

edit on 20-7-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I bet your a hoot at dinner parties. 🙅‍♂️ You where asked 3 simple questions and retorted with a missile.
The irony of you being a heavy hitting armchair linebacker isn’t lost me. 🏈

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Needs to be physical ballots, and we need to get away from the instant gratification that has gripped our nation.

So what if it takes a few days/week or two to count the physical ballots, the winner doesnt take the whigte house in January so why not take the time and be certain.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Needs to be physical ballots, and we need to get away from the instant gratification that has gripped our nation.

So what if it takes a few days/week or two to count the physical ballots, the winner doesnt take the whigte house in January so why not take the time and be certain.

I hate computers as much as the next guy who makes a living from them-
but voting via paper ballot is flat out stupid.

Know how I know? Because if there's a human reading those ballots, they're capable of making a mistake.
Chances are, there isn't a human reading them- they're going into a computer.
And if the person feeding that computer doesn't like the results, they can simply summon up a whole box of votes to scan that they do like.

Without a receipt- without a way for joe sixpack to double check that his vote was counted as he intended, your vote matters far less than the opinions of the person counting your votes.

Blockchain might actually be an excellent solution. Anything where a voter can go back a week later and confirm their vote was counted would be better than the nonsense we have.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Blockchain is nonsense - the NSA is not going to sit back and watch the power of the US dollar and the security of its communications to fall prey to a project of some unknown mythical wizard hacker - no they are going to create something like that and tell idiots thats its secure as um silk road 2.0 or there cellphone.

Second you dont need to create a backdoor - any machine thats networked can be compromised easily - if its air gapped you just compromise the source code, if its itranet you load a usb stick, if its internet you signal intercept, trojan horse or spoof the data.

If its mail in ballots you call soros and he hires 12 million people from haiti for .63 a hour to fill out ballots.

The only way to secure ballots is paper and federal ID check and scan and specify capitol punishment for any kind of traitorous activity eroding the faith and confidence in the American voting system or results. Anyone who misplaces ballots gets fired along with any supervisors - if the problem persists we roll out the gallows and make an example.

It's time the US stops #ing around on so many issues - if the penalties arent severe enough to prevent crimes that threaten the US - dial it up until it does.
edit on 20-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I bet you’re (it’s you’re, not “your”) a dipsh$t at any place you’re in the presence of people. And those simple questions were answered in the link I gratuitously provided, the poster couldn’t be bother answering their own questions. That whole Deny Ignorance thingy.

Never heard of a heavy hitting armchair linebacker — the idiocy in that phrase is definitely lost on you.

And it’s were, not “where”.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Seriously? WTF are you here for? If there could be a more obvious way to announce that your a total Shill, it would be you just saying it.

GTFO
I don't care if that wrinkles some panties.
Ban me.

This site's glory day was sacked by political shill c#nts like this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Democrats are setting the stage for more ''Donald Trump Cheated'' impeachment articles in 2021

Look at the rigged polls = ''Biden had a clear lead, Trump must have cheated to win''
Look at the rigged machines = ''Before the election we found out they had remote access and Trump did nothing''
Look at foreign states = ''We have sources telling us Trump made deals with China to win the election''

The Democrats learned from 2016, you cannot start Impeachment for a rigged election after the election, you must set the ground work early.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No doubt about it!

Maybe they'll open a few more investigations, another fruitless impeachment or have their drugged out lapdogs in the MSM parrot the narrative again! Oh wait a minute they already do that

Anything else, I say let them try it. That's why we have a military, federal LE, local LE and a multi-million person strong armed citizenry.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is Very worrying!
as the one who had it would use it.

Who won the last Election?

and who did ever one think would win?
she lost, so she did not have it.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I mentioned this in another thread and I agree 100%. All electronic ballots need to be stopped and more restrictions need to be placed on mail in ballots. Obviously there are some cases where absentee ballots come in play but one of them is not laziness.

Maybe we need to extended the voting period as well to allow more time for people to get to the polls. I guess if it takes an extra few days to count the ballots does it really matter? Bottom line is people need to get off their ass and get the polls and vote. The low percentage of voters as a whole in the country is pretty disgusting

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks for further proving my point. I bet your so god damn fun to be around.
We are so fortunate to be blessed with your presence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join