It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans are being erased by BLM and cancel culture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You said I made it up you liar .

'defenders of the current usage

Doesn’t sound like a made of idea to me .

This has been put to bed you came up with a guy that changed Indian names.

Pittsburgh Steelers did the same thing they were originally the Pittsburgh pirates. But they change their name not to be confused with the baseball team .

After rereading this thread. I’ve noticed that your groupies seem to think I was mean to you so they’re trying to make you feel better.

I’ll tell you what I offer my apologies and next time I’ll try being nicer if you try being smarter .

Ta ta

😎
edit on 19-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It's nice what the 'defenders' say, really, I mean it, but too bad they aren't the ones who came up with the name like the guy I quoted. Maybe you can highlight the 'warrior' stuff in what he said.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The choice of the name Washington Redskins or Kansas City chiefs. Was intended to honor the native Americans fighting spirit against overwhelming odds .

Stop making things up:

“The fact that we have in our head coach, Lone Star Dietz, an Indian, together with several Indian players, has not, as may be suspected, inspired me to select the name Redskins.” Instead, Marshall explains, he gave up “Braves” to avoid confusion with a Boston professional baseball team of the same name. July 6, 1933, Hartford Courant

Did I make it up ?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yeah, you did since the name had nothing to do with what you claimed as proven by the owner's comments.

Nice try though and most likely not the last time you try to pass off your invented bull**** before the site shuts down.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So you claim I made up a position that is echoed by millions of Americans. Professional sports team chose Indian mascot because they admired their qualities .

Thanks that really makes me feel good .

I set you up with that one too . 😂

OK now tell me why Cleveland named their baseball team the Indians .

Was it because they wanted to create a false stereotype and belittle Native Americans . Or because they admired their qualities .

Wait let me guess you don’t know. 🤦‍♂️

and now you’re going to try and put the narrative back on me .

Dude you are so predictable .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So you claim I made up a position that is echoed by millions of Americans.

Yup. Just because a vast majority of ignoramuses think something is true doesn't mean it is, which the owner's comments prove isn't true.

Argumentum populum.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

We all know what this was about. I cracked a joke that was well-meaning and a complement because I thought you could take it yesterday. I must’ve hurt your feelings because it seems you require some sort of petty vengeance based on a lie .

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with you being wrong?

That was rhetorical by the way.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

We all know what this was about. I cracked a joke that was well-meaning and a complement because I thought you could take it yesterday. I must’ve hurt your feelings because it seems you require some sort of petty vengeance based on a lie .

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

LOL'ing at you thinking you can upset me. Maybe start another thread about how I get under your (red) skin since you can't seem to stick to the topic in this one.

Oh, wait....

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

OK so far we’ve established that your opinion of me is that millions of Americans hang on my every word .

We’ve also established that you have an opinion you can’t back outside of one isolated quote you’ve misinterpreted .

We’ve also established that you cannot apply your reasoning beyond that one quote as in why did the Cleveland Indians select that name .

Apparently you are of the opinion that competitive sport teams pick mascot names to make themselves look bad . 🤦‍♂️

So let’s pick another one at random .

Why did the Golden State Warriors select that name was it to belittle Native Americans or show admiration for their qualities .

We’ve also established that you’re a bully that can’t take it .

I’ve offered my sincere apologies for upsetting you so badly yesterday yesterday.

A fragile ego can lead to all types of problems .

You think you’re playing a game.

You are but it’s for my amusement .

Your tactics aren’t going to work on me. What you need to do is select a weak opponent or come up with some new type of angle you haven’t used for years .

I’m enjoying this we can do this back-and-forth all night.

Now can you tell me why the Washington Redskins owner was dead set on picking a name that represents Native Americans ?

We all know he change the name so he didn’t want to be confused with another mascot named after American Indians .

But thanks again now that I understand you think millions of Americans watch my every word and look for “ made up ideas “ You have increased a ego that I didn’t think could become any bigger .

I’m beginning to like you more than bacon and beer . 😘

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

OK so far we’ve established that...

You're incorrect about the name as proven by the owner. The rest of your post was too eye-glaze inducing so I ignored it.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

But you just said millions of people hang on my every word .

Here’s what the owner said .

Marshall explains, he gave up “Braves” to avoid confusion with a Boston professional baseball team of the same name.

So your new position is that he didn’t give up the name Braves to avoid confusion with the professional baseball team .

Apparently now you’re calling the owner a liar while telling everything I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread .

Dude are you a masochist ?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

But you just said millions of people hang on my every word .

No, you said that. I said you used argumentum populum.

So your new position is that he didn’t give up the name Braves to avoid confusion with the professional baseball team .

No, I never said that, you claimed I did, I said Redskins had nothing to do with warrior whatever.

Apparently now you’re calling the owner a liar...

No, I called you a liar, which you obviously knew since you've been making long winded posts the entire thread since that point trying to cover your bull.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There hasn't been any Indians for over 100 years and it is time that they stop the nonsense. They are just plain old Americans now, just like everybody else.
They buy their food, they live in houses not teepee's. They get their clothes from the store and they watch their favorite TV shows.
Not one of them would last 20 minutes living the lives their ancestors did... nor would I if I suddenly found myself in the situation mine did.
The truth is Indians were violent, savage, brutal. They lived for war, that is why their most honored were called warriors. Never heard the word Sioux Social Worker did you.
Those days are long gone, they are not coming back... neither is slavery. In the world we live in now.... you need a job, an education and the desire to achieve or you will be left behind, stuck in perpetual sameness.
Put down your bow and arrow, take off that silly outfit and start living in the now.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Bo, you said that. I said you used argumentum populum.

You said I made it up which would made it a original idea.

And millions of Americans agree with me .

I get a lot of that .

edit on 20-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
😬
edit on 20-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar
It's because this isn't about the Native Americans.
It's about all those stories about infected rugs making white people feel "icky".

This isn't a war on racism, it's a war on white guilt.

And whitey will probably win.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Let me know when you figure out the quoting process and fix that disaster of a post.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
1). No more “Indian Princess” on the “Land O’ Lakes” butter logo

2). Not only the team name of the Washington Redskins is being retired, but the logo is, too

3). Columbus is being erased, and with him, the entire Taino people of the Caribbean.

I totally get it that people feel these ethnic logos and references have got to go. But the net effect is that we can still celebrate WHITE ethno-warriors like the Minnesota VIKINGS, the Boston CELTICS and the New York KNICKERBOCKERS”.

The space dedicated to Native Americans in High School history books was already negligible. Now, they are about to be literally erased from history. The native Americans in particular, because most whites hold them in positive regard—more so than they admire black culture. But this will become true for all ethnicities as blacks BLM evangelists try to make themselves the “pre-eminent American minority” before they are numerically surpassed by Hispanics in the next election cycle.

We have already gone from white kids no longer playing “cowboys and Indians,” to average white children believing that native Americans are already extinct.

Yeah, and Native Americans are canceling Hispanic culture. So F'em all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join