It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans are being erased by BLM and cancel culture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Show me anywhere in the owners words where where it didn’t reflect on their bravery and fighting spirit.

No, show me where it did.

You made the claim, you back it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You haven’t proven me wrong you only clarified why they used a different name .

The balls in your court liberal .

Are you suggesting there should be 13 NFL teams with the name Braves ?
edit on 19-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was "white" western civilization that were the first to "erase" and "cancel" "Native American" (indigenous) culture.
edit on 19-7-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You haven’t proven me wrong...

Actually, I did.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: murphy22

Blm and cancel culture definitely have negatives. But they also have some positives. Protesters worldwide are using blm to highlight police brutality to try and force a change in the policing system.

Cancel culture can go too far, but it is also getting us to look at and examine our ideals, heroes, and morals.

It's like the #metoo movement. That pointed out alot of sexual abuse but also im sure some used it to make false accusations.

As Princeton professors pointed out it is time to cancel the name of the Democratic Party. This is a positive of the cancel culture.

They pointed out the party was pro-slavery through the civil war, the party was steeped in the KKK through the 1950's, the party was pro-segregation through the 1960's, the party was anti-bussing and school desegregation through the early 1970's. Since the cancel culture demands that anyone and anything that held these stances must be cancelled and removed entirely from our culture and any positive references to it removed from the culture. They say the Democratic Party must cancel it's name and take a new name to divorce itself from it's anti-black history.

I can understand why BLM want's to erase all other minorities because as Nick Cannon and a founder of the BLM say they are the superior race from which all others descended, making the black race the superior race.

Hmmmm. The Democratic party is right to look at its past and also be proud of the strides that it’s made over the past 50 years.

So with that in mind, and the fact that all modern day KKK, white nationalists, extreme outspoken racists etc found a new home in the Republican party after the civil rights movement of the 60s pushed them out of the Dem party (coupled with them being empowered again by Trump), shall the Republican party be changing its name also? Will the Republican party be shining a light on, and exposing these extreme displays of racism within its base that look like we are still in the 50s? I’m going to guess they will not be calling that out. Way too many voters would be lost. Instead, how about we just wimply sidestep/ignore the issue & defend their ‘right to free speech’. Wouldn’t want to rock that deeply racist boat with any sort of morals or anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You were wrong from your first comment Lefty .

You said ......

quit making things up

Is it your position that this is a original idea and I “made it up “ all on my own ?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

“The fact that we have in our head coach, Lone Star Dietz, an Indian, together with several Indian players, has not, as may be suspected, inspired me to select the name Redskins.”

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You didn’t answer my question. Are you telling me my position is original ?

What’s the matter can’t you be honest ?

Defenders of the current usage often state their intention to honor Native Americans by referring to positive traits, such as fighting spirit and being strong, brave, stoic, dedicated, and proud; while opponents see these traits as being based upon stereotypes of Native Americans as savages.[6] In general, the social sciences recognize that all stereotypes, whether positive or negative, are harmful because they promote false or misleading associations between a group and an attribute, fostering a disrespectful relationship. The injustice of such stereotypes is recognized with regard to other racial or ethnic groups, thus mascots are morally questionable regardless of offense being taken by individuals.[7] Defenders of the status quo also state that the issue is not important, being only about sports, and that the opposition is nothing more than "political correctness", which change advocates argue ignores the extensive evidence of harmful effects of stereotypes and bias.[8] Although there has been a steady decline, Native American images and nicknames nevertheless remain fairly common in American and Canadian sports, and may be found in use at all levels, from youth teams to professional sports franchises.

You have been wrong since your first comment. You’re just a pearl clutching liberal worried about political correctness .

Lol walked you right where I wanted you to go.

BTW

I’m well aware you are not a liberal. You’re just trying to bust my balls and I know that gets to you . Lol ✌️

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You have been wrong since your first comment. You’re just a pearl clutching liberal worried about political correctness .

“The fact that we have in our head coach, Lone Star Dietz, an Indian, together with several Indian players, has not, as may be suspected, inspired me to select the name Redskins.”

Actually, I'm a Giants fan who likes to see the Redtails suffer.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The 42nd infantry is the Rainbow Division.
Is that going to have a different meaning now too??? 🙄
They have started a non ending domino effect thing! And opened up a can of worms!
There has been an epidemic of a lack of common sense going on for awhile now.
And I’m afraid that it’s going to get much worse before it gets better.
If it ever does!!! 😢

WOQ

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Why did they choose a Indian name in the first place ?

I’m really finding your inability to be honest amusing.

Why can’t you answer a simple question.

Is your self-esteem so fragile ?

Did I “make my position up” or not ?

I guess there’s a chance you don’t understand the implications of the attack you made as your basis of the argument .

I hear AOC is offering online classes to educate people less fortunate than her .

You should enroll .

Here maybe this will help you understand your accusation .

(INVENT) to invent an excuse, a story, etc., often in order to deceive: I was trying to make up a good excuse for being late. (Definition of make up something from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

Now

Did I make my position up ?

Am I on an island in my own ?

Are you relying your argument on the words of one person who explained why they chose the name instead of the meaning behind the name ?

One person .

Disclaimer

I like your posting style and I like doing this crap with you.

You like to try to irritate people for a couple chuckles . So do I went up against someone that can take it and won’t take it personally .

That was a compliment BTW.

Your only disadvantage is that I am better that’s why you keep coming back .

No hard feelings on this end .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

The people suggesting the Democratic Party cancel their name, are liberals, liberal Princeton professors. They just want the liberal party to get rid of their name that was associated with the support of slavery, support of KKK, support of segregation in the past. They said to cancel the name was to cancel the history and absolve the Party of it's past racism.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

The 42nd infantry is the Rainbow Division.
Is that going to have a different meaning now too???

Yes duh 🙄

So does The Garryowen division or tropical lightning .

Let’s go back to the NFL how about the New England Patriots was that designed the ridicule patriots ?

Silly comment buddy .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why did they choose a Indian name in the first place ?

Why you asking me? Find the reason they did and post it.

All I know is the Redskins name has nothing to do with 'warrior' whatever you posted.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I already did .

And it comes as no great surprise that you wouldn’t know the reason behind your post .

Now once again did I make up my position as you alleged ?

If you haven’t noticed by now I am 99.9% untrollable.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I already did .

Actually, you didn't. You posted your opinion and not a comment from the team's ownership on why they opted for the name.

Watch, this is a quote from an owner on the name: “The fact that we have in our head coach, Lone Star Dietz, an Indian, together with several Indian players, has not, as may be suspected, inspired me to select the name Redskins.”

You have something like that? No? Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Did you even read the nonsense you posted. They changed their name so they wouldn’t be confused with the Boston Braves .

That was the only reason they gave .

He was inspired to pick the Redskins name because the Braves was taken .

Marshall explains, he gave up “Braves” to avoid confusion with a Boston professional baseball team of the same name

Is there a shred of honesty in you.

Did I make my position up ?

Edit;

BTW I just gave you a pity star because you try so hard .

Dude don’t get me wrong I’m having a blast just like you are .

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Did you even read the nonsense you posted. They changed their name so they wouldn’t be confused with the Boston Braves .

Yup, and the Redskins name wasn't about 'warrior' stuff that you posted, it was to avoid confusion as you obviously read.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You’ve been schooled but here’s what we’re gonna do for now on .

We go through this all the time. I don’t remember the topic but I think you got lucky once and were right once. But then going by your track record of debates with other people I’m probably wrong about that .

So let’s start keeping score. We can link the argument and keep track.......

Our argument started when you made the accusation that I “ made up” The position that the NFL named teams after Indians to honor them.

FD 1- Augustus 0
Subject NFL team names
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You were wrong from your first comment Lefty .

You said ......

quit making things up

Is it your position that this is a original idea and I “made it up “ all on my own ?

You didn’t answer my question. Are you telling me my position is original ?

What’s the matter can’t you be honest ?

Pay attention to the first word defenders is plural. IE I didn’t make my position up.

Defenders of the current usage often state their intention to honor Native Americans by referring to positive traits, such as fighting spirit and being strong, brave, stoic, dedicated, and proud; while opponents see these traits as being based upon stereotypes of Native Americans as savages.[6] In general, the social sciences recognize that all stereotypes, whether positive or negative, are harmful because they promote false or misleading associations between a group and an attribute, fostering a disrespectful relationship. The injustice of such stereotypes is recognized with regard to other racial or ethnic groups, thus mascots are morally questionable regardless of offense being taken by individuals.[7] Defenders of the status quo also state that the issue is not important, being only about sports, and that the opposition is nothing more than "political correctness", which change advocates argue ignores the extensive evidence of harmful effects of stereotypes and bias.[8] Although there has been a steady decline, Native American images and nicknames nevertheless remain fairly common in American and Canadian sports, and may be found in use at all levels, from youth teams to professional sports franchises.

Lol walked you right where I wanted you to go.

BTW

I’m well aware you are not a liberal. You’re just trying to bust my balls and I know that gets to you . Lol ✌️

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It's all nice and stuff that you're quoting 'defenders of the current usage' when I quoted the guy who gave them their name.

Nice try. Maybe you can make more stuff up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join