It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton profs want to cancel Democratic Party name.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I neither agree or support what is now being called ''cancellation culture'. Leave the statues there and keep the names that were established a century ago.

I also do not support this notion that the Democrat Party is the same as the Democrat Party that supported slavery a hundred and fifty years ago nor allowed the KKK to form from racists who called themselves Democrats. The name is the same but the make up has changed.

Once it was established, the two party system has been a mish mash of opposing values not easily defined by the fluxuating platform of either party. Each party has had what might be called liberal or conservative from the beginning with each side vying for control of either party. And when one side would appear to have enough power to grab the candidate of their choice, it was often necessary to choose a running mate to appeal to the other half of the party, Such as Kennedy and Johnson.

And leave us not forget that it was liberals who filled the streets in protest against LBJ and his support of the war in Vietnam and the general failure to overcome racism at that time.

The names and credentials of the authors are at the end of the article.

Yes, Billyx2, that is how I looked them up to find out more about them.

There is no prominent University in the USA that would allow a conservative to speak on campus, let alone teach.
Conservative thought and ideas are forbidden in all prominent Universities. The students would quickly see to it that anyone who dares speak or think a conservative thought is thrown out and discredited immediately.

This sounds like an overly exaggerated conservative trope pushed by conservative sources. Surely there are problems with who is allowed to speak on campus and who is not but to claim that it is all one sided even with a fair enough list of examples is demonstrating total bias as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have a few new names for them. All would get me kicked off ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Not just the name but the entire democratic party need to be ground into dust.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Not just the name but the entire democratic party need to be ground into dust.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No, I don't want them to get a free pass, they need to live it up and own that #. They have been lying and denying it for years, I think they should come clean and be like yeah that happened. They don't deserve to hide.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

I agree. I don't see why it's so hard to accept history, and learn from past mistakes.

Oh wait. I can, because the politicians who have had damn near dynastical political influence and gain don't want to be attached to it. They can't come clean. They have to keep pushing their lies or lose everything.

I can't wait for all these political dinosaurs to die off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join