It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton profs want to cancel Democratic Party name.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

Princeton professors have recommended that the Democratic Party change its name.

They cite the history of the Democratic Party, it was pro-slavery during the civil war.
The Democratic Party was pro-segregation after the civil war and up until the early 1960s.
They were heavily involved in the KKK up until the early 1960s.
It was anti-bussing as late as as the 1970s (see my Biden quote below in signature)
They had a Grand Dragon of the KKK as one of it's members as late as the 1980s.

In light of the cancel culture which condemns anyone and anything that engaged in any sort of racism as far back as the founding of the nation, they recommended that the Democratic Party reform and cancel their name and send it to the dustbin of history.

Then, quite radically for liberals they say this:

The Democratic Party has been able to redefine itself over the past half-century as the champion of minorities, yet all too often, when Democrats have held power, they have substituted identity politics for sound and effective policies. Their divide-and-conquer approach concerning race, ethnicity, sex, and sexual preferences has advanced their political ambitions to the detriment of our unifying motto E pluribus unum. Paradoxically, Democrats’ obsession over identity politics has brought their party back to where it started, with a vision of American society irredeemably divided by race: In the cities they govern, Democrats’ efforts at expanding educational opportunities and reducing poverty for minority communities have produced disappointing results at best. All too predictably, race-based identity politics have stoked division and resentment while turning on its head Martin Luther King’s call to judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

They also said "widespread censorship of opposing views, and punishment for dissent" are "at odds with the traditional American values of personal responsibility, freedom of speech, and tolerance."

REMEMBER this article is written by liberal leftist progressive professors at Princeton University.

WOW, this is truly radical thinking for liberals and especially for an institution like Princeton, will there be a call to socially condemn, fire from their jobs at Princeton, and harass and march on the homes of these professors for being so very at odds with acceptable liberal thinking?

edit on 7/18/20 by The2Billies because: addition

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Changing the name won't get rid of the stench .......

Change of policy is whats needed!!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So leftists loons who bleat about the parties changing platforms are completely wrong?

Not surprising.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
New name - The Satanic Party

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why don't they just make a new party? Moderate leftist are just scared of getting cancelled by progressives and hate Trump.

Progressives have taken over the democrat party and the democrats let it happen to have any chance of beating Trump.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hey, why not?

They want to erase anything else that had to do with Slavery and the Democrat Party is the Granddaddy orgranization of slavery and oppression (including current times).

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
this should happen long before we change the names of military bases because of reasons.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
New name - The Satanic Party

Whoomp! (There It Is)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If foot ball teams have to change their names.

Master bedrooms have to be changed/have been changed.

Master/slave hard drives names have been changed.

Change that god damn parties name.

Communists R us is a good fit.

edit on 18-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting, not a single liberal has made a comment on this.

I'd love to hear their views about cancelling the name of the party and changing it.

Do the professors have a good point? I'd like to hear from some of the liberals who charge in with, we hate the source, the authors are Trump supporters really. Where are they? Scared to comment or secretly agree and thus scared to comment because of the cost of agreeing with the professors is too high?

edit on 7/18/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This article is not an unreasonable suggestion.

However, I question various assumptions built into not only the original post but the article itself.
One,our OP attributes this article to to ''liberal leftist progressive professors at Princeton University. ''
It was really written by two professors at Princeton leaving out the possibility that it was written by a slew of professors. Just two.

I also wondered at the description of these two professors as ''liberal leftist progressive''. I noticed this because this is becoming almost a chant. If liberal is not bad enough maybe adding leftist to it will be. And if that is not bad enough, maybe adding progressive to it will make it even more sinister.

The article itself reads like a conservative diatribe, using numerous examples of conservative slang references. It is uncommon for ''liberal'', ''leftist'' or even ''progressive' authors to use those terms with out caveat or reference to their etymology.

I wondered how our OP could know so much about either of these authors to describe them in such a way. Maybe OP has had classes with them or maybe the run in the same social groups. I cancelled that notion. So I looked up their bios and could find nothing readily available describing their political leanings. Therefore, as I suspect our OP does not have any more information on them than I do, I suppose I might, as well. make stuff up.

The article was, as far as I could ascertain, published in the National Review. It may have been published as an article in a Princeton news or as some other scholarly presentation but for now all I have to go on is the publication in the National Review. Searching online only offered other, mostly conservative outlets, printing copies of the article from the Review.

And let us not forget that the National Review was founded by William F Buckley, a staunch conservative from the mid 1900s. In any event, the bias of the National Review is clear and hence, the articles to be found in it hold the bias of the publishers.

WOW, this is truly radical thinking for liberals and especially for an institution like Princeton, will there be a call to socially condemn, fire from their jobs at Princeton, and harass and march on the homes of these professors for being so very at odds with acceptable liberal thinking?

Again I wonder at the assumption that Princeton is ''especially'' liberal. Is this just part of a general bias that ''all'' institutions of advanced study are liberal? Maybe, maybe not. However, assuming that it really is,especially liberal, how can it be considered that it would be at odds with the ''radical' thinking of these two professors. Would they be more radical than Princeton or less radical. Could this be a struggle between the 'liberals'' and the ''leftists'' or maybe the ''leftists'' and the 'progressives''.

More likely Princeton is not ''especially'' liberal but indeed just an establishment school. And the authors are not ''liberal, leftist progressives but rather just two professors likely of conservative beliefs.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 18 Jul 2020 12:41:01 -0500Sat, 18 Jul 2020 12:41:01 -050020072020-07-18T12:41:01-05:001200000041 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Lol, who didn't see this coming?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In November, If trump doesn't get with the program...the Dembs will be called .....winners!

15 weeks until we vote. And trumps playing golf. Who's running his campaign?

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 18-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The names and credentials of the authors are at the end of the article.

There is no prominent University in the USA that would allow a conservative to speak on campus, let alone teach.
Conservative thought and ideas are forbidden in all prominent Universities. The students would quickly see to it that anyone who dares speak or think a conservative thought is thrown out and discredited immediately.

Princeton is highly liberal.

Princeton Professors demand power to punish research they deem racist:
www.forbes.com...

Princeton students protest conservative speaker www.forbes.com...

Princeton Students protest: planetprinceton.com...

Princeton student reported for defending free speech: www.thelibertybeacon.com...

Do you agree that the name of the party must be cancelled for its past support of slavery, segregation and the KKK? How is that different from cancelling former Presidents who had slaves, or supported segregation? The Democratic Party is insisting on cancelling them, how is the Party any different?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

LOL conservative professor. Even if they were conservative they'd never admit it openly for fear of the mob.

And yes I agree a moderate Democrat is basically conservative right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Conservative thought and ideas are forbidden in all prominent Universities. The students would quickly see to it that anyone who dares speak or think a conservative thought is thrown out and discredited immediately.

So conservatives are a bunch of askeert pussies who can't stand up to a bunch of soy-chugging panty waist college kids?

Tell those marys to nut up.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So conservatives are a bunch of askeert pussies who can't stand up to a bunch of soy-chugging panty waist college kids?

Nothing more terrifying then a soyed up non binary with a latte screaming injustice ready to cancel your whole life on reddit and Twitter.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Nothing more terrifying then a soyed up non binary with a latte screaming injustice ready to cancel your whole life on reddit and Twitter.

Yeah, I can't imagine the conservative horror of getting their Twitter feed ruined by some punk ass punk who they outweigh by about 100lbs of Walmart-y goodness.

Smack that kid!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yep they will stop at nothing to destroy someone who dares to disagree with them. They will dox, harass, demand your firing, send death threats and make your life miserable for saying even the tiniest atom sized thing that they take offense to. The way of the liberal world these days for sure. If one tries to grow a pair they are sure to attempt castration and say it is social justice and justified.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I find the cognitive dissonance surrounding the origins of the Democrat party both hilarious and disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join