It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a miscarrage of justice Army veteran arrested after disarming gunman, saving friends

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So a drunk guy comes up to you and 3 friends and asked for a cigarette.. "Sorry no one smokes" is your answer. Then the cigarette guy pulls a gun . You disarm the guy and call 911 about what just happened. The cops arrive and you are handcuffed and charged with felony possession of a handgun that did not belong to you.

The guy wanting the cigarette was a convicted felon ... What a big bunch of BS IMO ! The story does have an almost happy ending as the D.A. dismissed the case but if our hero has his licenses tag ran by the cops it will show he has been arrested for a gun related crime. I would be pissed to say the least !

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
He can easily get that expunged and voila clean record

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm going to bet there's a little more to the story...

But the guy lived to tell the tale and walk away. He's a winner in the grand scheme of things.

It could have been much worse.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

3 victims to a gun wielding smoke thief and the cops arrest the disarmer?. Something smells not right. What if the 3 used the drunk to plant the gun, that may have been used elsewhere to plant it on him?

Either that or cops have gone truly rogue.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's called Job Security, can't have civilian's upholding the law I mean what happens if the civilian's take it into there mind's to arrest out of control law breaking cop's next.

Good luck to this man, he was acting in the true OLD spirit of public decency when he acted to prevent a crime but sadly gone are the day's when a whole street would stand up to a criminal.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In Texas....we do not not call 911......the ones of us in the know.....like 2 nights ago.....a guy got his nose displaced by the Saddler brothers......we grew up with em......hes a drunk now and doesn't remember what he did the night before.......

But we thought the victim could call the sherriff but......didn't....my son has rowdy friends......he got pushed down by Dillon Saddler but......everyone hollared out hey.....that's Scott.......the get together was for a wake.......and this stuff happens, mam

The remedy for all the lack of clear justice.......is due on Earth in a month.......the start of JUSTICE.....which God in Scripture......said he wants......seeks
edit on 18-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I often am scared to help people in need because of the law in most cases. Long story short a number of years ago some kid a teenager was overdosing on drugs and he used his head to break down the front door of my house, he ran into my home, thrashing around and tore up my kitchen breaking things and knocking things over until he reached my downstairs bathroom were I not only found him drinking a bottle of dawn dish detergent but I also had him cornered. I was armed and had drawn down on him I didn't fire because I clearly saw something wasn't ok with him especially with the dish detergent. I had 2 of my friends at the house that day we were in my garage working on tramming out my milling machine they were there and saw what happened next. The kid started going into seizures and we called 911 the cops were the first to arrive they pulled guns on me first after rushing into my house I had my face slammed against the wall my roomate was put into the floor with a knee on the back of her head and I spent the next 2 hours explaining I didn't supply this guy with the drugs he was Over dosed on. My friends were also "detained out in my back yard. That is what I got for calling 911 because some ass hole kid Overdosed on bath salts and smashed up my kitchen. That's why I am now very hesitant to help strangers or call the law.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Easily expunged...maybe.
Expensive, yes, about $9000.00
Where is the justice in that?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Easily expunged...maybe.

Hate to correct your spelling but justice is spelled like this " JUST US"

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He was arrested for contempt of cop. He mouthed off to the cop, and was immediately put in handcuffs. Cops fragile little ego is what put the vet in the back of the car.
The arresting officers are the reason why we have this revolt in our country. These officers need to be arrested for false arrest and jailed. They are the reason why psychological testing must be done on ALL applicants and Law Enforcement Officers!
edit on V172020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 18 Jul 2020 15:17:12 -05001 by Violater1 because: ytr

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

valid point

2nd

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

There was a video out of China a few years ago where a young child 2 years old walked away from its' mother into a narrow busy street. The child was ran over by a small delivery truck (bump stop bump) which kept on going did not stop and then another car did the same thing all the time pedestrians were walking, going by, and watching. The mother came running and collected the child from the street. People are afraid to help because of some screwed up laws and not wanting to get involved.

I agree having to deal with cops can be hazardous to your wallet even if you are in the right. Lawyers, courts, and the legal system all have to make a living I suppose of the backs of the citizens.

I have never been mistreated hand cuffed or anything but treated respectfully when dealing with cops in any country I have ever been. Just lucky I suppose ?

The guy in the Op video IMO did everything right. Many of us are trained that if there is an incident to be the first to call 911 and when the cops arrive point to where the weapon is on the ground and have your hands in plain sight.

Since he was arrested and cuffed the police chief had to justify the arrest during the interview which also pissed me off..

Edit to add video warning!!!! youtu.be...

edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There is a lot I wish I could say but can't without talking to much about myself and why I was treated that way. I do not hate the police but I am very un trusting of what they do because of the incident I experienced. I encourage citizens and neighbors to take care of their own and hate when they become "defunded" by ass holes with shiny badges. I hate it.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Easily expunged...maybe.

I don’t where you live but here it is a $30 filing fee for any charge that wasn’t a conviction.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Brotherman

There was a video out of China a few years ago where a young child 2 years old walked away from its' mother into a narrow busy street. The child was ran over by a small delivery truck (bump stop bump) which kept on going did not stop and then another car did the same thing all the time pedestrians were walking, going by, and watching. The mother came running and collected the child from the street. People are afraid to help because of some screwed up laws and not wanting to get involved.

I agree having to deal with cops can be hazardous to your wallet even if you are in the right. Lawyers, courts, and the legal system all have to make a living I suppose of the backs of the citizens.

I have never been mistreated hand cuffed or anything but treated respectfully when dealing with cops in any country I have ever been. Just lucky I suppose ?

The guy in the Op video IMO did everything right. Many of us are trained that if there is an incident to be the first to call 911 and when the cops arrive point to where the weapon is on the ground and have your hands in plain sight.

Since he was arrested and cuffed the police chief had to justify the arrest during the interview which also pissed me off..

Edit to add video warning!!!! youtu.be...

May god almighty smite them from the face of the earth whom did that, whom drove over a dying child, whom walked on and ignored her they are not human not even remotely human they are less than animal's.
I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

This just shows Chinese gov is not communist. The definition of communism

"There is no government or private property or currency, and the wealth is divided among citizens equally or according to individual need. Many of communism's tenets derive from the works of German revolutionary Karl Marx, who (with Friedrich Engels) wrote The Communist Manifesto (1848)."

No Currency! So prepare to 1984 coming back at home. The end game will be calling everything communists. They will try to ban kung fu like the past in China, then they take away your guns, then your rights. We all seen this in MSM lies and people who were found guilty are not in jail because of bail under currency. The whole US China war is a big ploy just watch. One side can fight, the other has guns. Take them both away and your screwed for life.
edit on 21-7-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And here I thought those tests already happened?
You have to take a psychological battery along with the ASVAB, why not cops?
Makes no sense if it's true.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, but protest their actions and everyone on ATS will call you a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Several years ago a co-worker and I were leaving a meeting. She was about 50 yards in front of me going down the sidewalk. This guy knocks her down, grabs her purse and computer bag. If he takes off, all I can do is give a description, but he starts kicking the crap out of her. He's just ready to kick her in the head, when I pull a pistol on him and he stops. About 30 seconds later a police car pulls up. I didn't have any problems with the Police (actually they were cool about it), but what got me was that the guy who called the Police didn't do it because of the guy kicking the crap out of my co-worker, he called them because I had a gun.

top topics

join