It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove to me Ouiji Boards work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
For those that believe in ouiji boards, can you prove that they work? I mean, I have many stories that refute the boards working and it is only the subconcious that is manipulating the body into those movements.

For example, people once told me I can make my own board and it would start working. So I did that, and every answer I was getting was completely false. One of my friends also did the same, and he was not successful either.

Second, a teacher ran an experiment where he wrote down the name of his grandmother and put it in an envelope and handed it to a student for safe keeping. The class brought in a ouiji board, and asked it to give the name of the grandmother, and it couldnt do it and was not even close.

So tell me your ouiji board experiences? Also if you have obtained accurate results from the board, could it be that your partner's subconcious that caused bodily movements that led you two to the right answer, or even for that matter your own subconcious that knew the correct answer?

Mod Edit: ALL-CAPS title

[edit on 15-3-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
How bout you prove they dont.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think they don't work in general, but they could possibly be used as a gateway for a dark force or spirit to express itself. I wouldn't touch one.

Edit: Why is this in Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts???

[edit on 3/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
For those that believe in ouiji boards, can you prove that they work? I mean, I have many stories that refute the boards working and it is only the subconcious that is manipulating the body into those movements.

Well wait a minute. Wouldn't that be considered to be "Working"???

I would think that as long as the planchette was moving and selecting some symbols with the operator unaware of how the planchette is moving and choosing, that would be considered to be working.

What constitutes "A Working Quija" to you???

Are you saying that it's not working unless there is some ghost or demon pushing it around??? Or perhaps it's not working right until the walls bleed and wolves howl in the distant moonlight???

Must it accurately and honestly answer all questions asked to be "Working"???

Must the "Spirits" submit to any and all "Credibility Tests" that come calling on them???

Maybe you should think of it like driving a car. While the car itself may be working just fine, the ride has much more to do with the driver who's behind the wheel!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Also, if the boad is demon run....would there be enough demons to run all the boards in the world?
They are most certainly not just something to up and command.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am an Anti-Oujia Board person. They are not toys you should play around with. I decline your challenge.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I dont know if they 'work' or not, all I know is I've heard too many stories from freinds, who started out using it for a lark then ended getting really screwed up by it, for me to want to touch one with a barge pole.

It's right they are not a toy. To be honest I think that teacher was being irresponsible to encourage any dabbling in it, even if there main aim was to disprove it.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
I am an Anti-Oujia Board person. They are not toys you should play around with. I decline your challenge.

I absoloutley agree with you- im not saying im a complete believer- but messing with something you dont know about is very dangerous- im quite a spiritual person and even the most highly spiritual person wouldnt really wanna mess with it. On the other hand didnt the oujia board get popular in Victorian Britain ( they had a realy thing for parlour games and scaring themselfs!)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not exactly in the same context as your post....but you may be interested in reading the threads below on the Ouija Board.....Reptilian_Queen is correct....it is not something to be played with, it is not a toy and you are actually "inviting" anything through....unless you can prtect yourself, it's dangerous. I can protect myself and I dtill do not "play" with them...to do so is just stupidity.....and I have to agree with SpittinCobra also, prove it doesn't work...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Kyate, the Ouija board does indeed 'work', but it does not always tell the 'truth' or respond accurately to questions. This is very important when considering the source of the 'answers'. Popular theory is split mainly into two camps, the subconscious is operating the planchette or that a spirit has been summouned and is answering your questions. So if you define 'work' as being accurate then no, the board does not always work. If you want accurate answers, you need to practice on a board, preferably with an experienced user or medium, to become familiar with whatever is answering your questions.
When it was marketed as a 'parlour game' by Waddingtons (the same people who make Monopoly) it was sold as a device for telling fortunes or predicting the future, without the manufacturers being truly aware of the psycholgical issues it would promote in some users. Hence it was withdrawn from sale in the UK and has remained 'banned' ever since.
I have had experience with a board and on occassion it has answered questions that at the time none of the users could verify or knew (the location of someone for example) until later in the day. On checking, these facts did turn out to be true. These answers did involve the spelling out of a location name, ruling out personal interpretation of a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
Other replies here state that the board is not a toy. They are correct, since we do not truly know how they work. Some users have experienced frightening phenomena and others have had long term psychological problems stemming from prolonged Ouija board usage, usually on their own.

After all this, I shall give you a simple answer. Yes, they work, no they aren't all-knowing oracles and no, we don't truly know HOW they work. For this reason it is generally safer not to get involved!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Your teacher actually allowed a Oujia Board in their class? Isnt their some kind of rule against that?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I remeber when I was at a friends birthday party and she pulled out her oija board. I must of been about 14 or so. About 6 of us were involved. We played in a dimly lit(w/candles) room.

I saw with my own eyes the piece move on its own, whether it gave the right answer, I dont know. I ended up fainting almost a minute after.

But I do remember that they had to call an ambulance cause I started to get a bit dulirious, and my body felt like I was sinking into the ground. Scary stuff!

Yeah, I highly dont recommend anybody toying with stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
For those that believe in ouiji boards, can you prove that they work?

It should be easy enough for people to point their video cameras at the board and tape the planchette moving about...with the rule that the two or more people do not touch the planchette at all. I would want to see a close up view in which it is clearly visible that there is a gap between the "player's" hands and the planchette.

If you could clearly see on the video that there was no contact between the "players" and the planchette, then any movement would be spirit related.

I can't believe nobody has done this yet...Well, I won't do it...I heartily renouce Ouija Boards.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Watch Penn and Teller Bull# Episode 1 and you will learn that the board is bs. They did tests, real live actual people picked off the street, and did tests, and guess what? It doesn't. Also, to SC, you sound like a christian, "Well, since you can't prove it isn't real, it's real." when they can't prove it's real....... Sorry, I just don't think that kind of logic is good. It's how I get away with Pebble People.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Not exactly in the same context as your post....but you may be interested in reading the threads below on the Ouija Board.....Reptilian_Queen is correct....it is not something to be played with, it is not a toy and you are actually "inviting" anything through....unless you can prtect yourself, it's dangerous. I can protect myself and I dtill do not "play" with them...to do so is just stupidity.....and I have to agree with SpittinCobra also, prove it doesn't work...

How exactly do you protect yourself?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Ouiji board is nothing more than an overpriced boardgame made of cardboard and plastic. There is nothing magical, evil, spiritual, ghostly, or religious about it. What one "thinks" it does is simply in the heads of those who "play" with it.

There...that's my opinion.

And no, in no way is it dangerous...at least not any more than scrabble or monopoly.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
WATCH PENN AND TELLER BULL#!!!!!!!! They disproved the board, they disproved psychic readings, they proved it was bs. We have proven they don't work, just might need to do something other then typing to find out though. BS is usually rentable at BlockBuster or Family Video.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
quiji boards do not "work" the merly show... i'll explain my meaning. you can not call a quiji board not working if it doesnt give the answers you want. and if a spirit wants to show you aomthing it will ...there are somedays you just wont get a responce and somedays you will so to answer your question: NO quiji boards dont work, they are unreliable and somtimes plain usless however if your question was phrased "can quiji boards comunicate with spirits" then the answer would be yes (but remember i stress the word CAN)

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don;t know enough about the subject to be able to comment fully, but from what i've heard and what i believe, don't mess around with things you don;t understand, sure it may do nothing, but then what if it spells out 'You are going to die tonight'? That wouldn;t be a barrel of laughs now would it...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the ouiji does not work at all and is not dangerous at all. Tried many of times and watched others try as well through my years and have never noticed anything out of the ordinary. My opinion only and as always believe what you wish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join