It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God or not-God;- Good or evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Discernment is the act of recognising the distinction between two categories.
Judgement is the act of recognising a preference between the two categories.
In the Biblical perspective, true and final judgement is God’s work, not ours.
Yet we may and must exercise our discernment, an obligation imposed by the lines of division between two categories which fill every part of the Bible.

The Creator and the Creation

“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”
There is the most fundamental division, right from the start.
On the one hand, the Creator. On the other hand, what was created.
Because creation has no independent existence, the relationship between the two is asymmetrical.

Knowing good and evil

In the story of Adam and Eve, there are two trees in the garden.

Firstly, the Tree of Life is right in the middle of the garden. The right conclusion to draw is that the Tree of Life was at the centre of their experience of the garden. They were there in the garden for the purpose of eating from that tree. If the images are taken metaphorically, then “living in the garden” and “eating from the Tree of Life” are two different ways of saying the same thing, viz. that they were maintained in a close relationship with their Creator.

The second tree is the Tree of “Knowledge of good and evil”.
This announces a further fundamental division.
Beyond the initial distinction between God and the created world, there is a distinction within the created world between what is, and what is not, in line with God’s will.
And again this division is asymmetrical. The two sides of the boundary line do not have equal value. What is right (being God’s will) takes precedence over what is not right, just as the Creator himself takes precedence over his created world..

“Knowing good and evil” does NOT mean “discovering that good and evil exist”. Adam and Eve had been introduced to the category “not God’s will” when they were commanded to avoid that fruit, so they knew that much already.
The real point of “knowing good and evil” is defining the boundary line between them. And making that judgement is God’s business. Man’s business is to discern the difference in accordance with God’s judgement.
So when Adam and Eve seized the fruit of “knowing good and evil”, the meaning is they were choosing to make those judgements in their own way, independently of God’s will.
The symbolism of the story is very neat. In effect, they are choosing a path of disobedience, and that is expressed by an act of disobedience; the idea of making their own judgements instead of accepting God’s judgement is expressed by the fact they they disagree with God’s judgement about the value of the fruit.
They have “become like God” in the sense of usurping that part of God’s function.
But the practical effect is that they have chosen evil, because they have departed from God’s will.

The rest of the Bible is about the long project of bringing them, or the people they represent, back into harmony with God’s will.

edit on 17-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I liked that last paragraph or the next-to-last paragraph never looked at it that way exactly and it was cool

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lucifer - in old Latin means the bringer of light.

Now here’s my theory.

God (Alien leader) arrives at earth. God sends his angels (alien) down to earth they find prehistoric man and genetically adjust him to make a slave race - humans are created but with no intelligence - our brains are docile. These angels find the female version that they created attractive and mate with them - now the angels are ultra intelligent using all of their brains - with breeding with this slave race they produce children with half their brains now active. The nephilim. God (Alien leader) is furious at his angels doing this so buggers off in his big spaceship leaving the angels on earth. Now stuck on earth these angels spread out around the world hence pyramid around the world. They continue breeding with the slave women but then female nephilim so they no longer bred with the slave women. Now inbreeding with their half breed daughters they create a master race. Now these nephilim begin to make the slaves restless because the angels send some of these half breed children off back to the slaves, these outcasts breed with these mongoloid slaves and make our race......with half a brain active, there’s intellect there. Over the generations these begins to rebel against the angel masters and nephilim to eventually lead the slaves to freedom (insert Moses).

Now at this time Rome has spread its network out around Europe - built its straight roads and conquered Europe but all these nephilim are tired of the way they do things, everywhere these slaves are rising up and the Roman soldiers are killing. The nephilim don’t want the slaves dead it is counter productive so they need a new form of control so they develop religion. The nephilim around the world eventually follow suit and Islam etc are created. For centuries it does its job. They create economy, banking etc all their new forms of control. They then setup the Vatican from which to rule the world.

Fast forward to present day - technology and AI mean the nephilim now have a way of creating a slave race that can never rise up against them hence the drive for AI robots and depopulation because they don’t need the half breed anymore.

So to answer your question yes god is real but not in the context of the bible.

Was Jesus real - answer me this..... the romans where mighty, Jesus supposedly had 12 close followers or what could then have been perceived as generals now why did they only crucify Jesus when they could have wiped them all out. What I believe is Jesus discovered the information regarding the angels and god and was telling everyone, now I think he was one of the half breed nephilim which makes up our master race today. So basically they did kill him but because he was telling everyone how we are suppose to be so they killed one of their own.

The story of Adam and Eve. The snake is the angel and the fruit is sex. Everything in this book of control tells the real story of our history but in a twisted hidden way.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I used to be Catholic... now, I am Gnostic.

Keep a light heart, and search inward for the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
And with the first sin, God punished them both with marriage an children till the end of days.

Maybe if they had eaten the Fuit of Immortality, they would become two supreme beings with an exoskeleton an tentacles, instead of being divided into countless fragments of some supreme intelligence.

As for God being good or evil, maybe he is just proving he crazier then Satan ever could be?

edit on 18-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
And with the first sin, God punished them both with marriage an children till the end of days.

No, they were already married in the previous chapter. That was part of the definition of life in Eden.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Adam was first married to Lilith.

Married means wedded together as one.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Not in Biblical sources.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have trouble believing that there is anything in existence that is not part of God’s will.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
The rough answer is that whenever anything happens about which he has said "Thou shalt not", that cannot be part of God's will (because he has already said so).

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Reality is designed by God, everything you do flows from your heart. You don't have a choice. Guard your heart.
edit on 19-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Reality is designed by God, everything you do flows from your heart. You don't have a choice. Guard your heart.

Yet even you are presenting a choice, i.e. between "guarding your heart" and not guarding it.
Evading the necessity of choice is not as easy as you think.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Right, it's not wrong to allow people to choose. It's like presenting them to jump off of a cliff. You have to let them do what they want to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
So we now agree that there is a choice after all. I can settle for that.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yet you fail to rightly divide the scriptures every chance you get. You are making things up taking away and adding to the word of God Again. All of which brings a curse upon you.

There are Three Gospels to follow in the NT and you make them all one thereby denying the very division you say exists in the Bible. Choices are not limited to 2 some have 3 or more. Which Gospel will you follow in this church age? Gospel of the Kingdom? Gospel of the Grace of God? or the Everlasting Gospel? Only one will lead you to true salvation today at this very moment/ But you fail to divide and you think you have the authority to tell others about divisions and choices?

BTW all Majority manuscript evidence says "Heaven and Earth" in Gen 1:1. Only three say Heavens Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Alexandrinus all three from 200-350AD. You bible follows the minority of text use of the word Heavens, while the Majority of text say Heaven. You must make a choice in the division of Majority text or Minority text? You chose the minority. But you can change your choice before you die, and the gospel you follow too.

edit on 7/21/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You are entertaining a lying spirit. I have not chosen to stopped serving the Lord. As a matter of fact ministry if going very well. I just got signed for a book deal. We have seen 22 people come to the Lord in the last three months.

But in that same time you have spewed lie after lie after lie. Adding to scriptures, taking from Scriptures and teaching stuff the Holy Ghost did not teach you. But rather the father of lies Satan himself his speaking to you. A curse is upon you and you have already seen its effect in your life but you are ignoring the truth and blaming others for what is happening to you.

And until you repent I will continue to point out your errors.
edit on 7/22/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
I explained my now-standard statement the first time I made it;

b) The last time we made contact, you made a libellously false charge agauinst me, one which you know to be false, and I'm entitled to a retraction. Your irrational hostility is causing you to lose contact with your sense of truth and honesty, which undermines your value as a Bible interpreter.

You may think you are serving the God of truth; but so long as you are consciously and deliberately promoting untruths about other people, you have entered the service of the Father of lies. This discredits anything you try to say in God's name.

My future links will now be made to this post.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

P.S.

A curse is upon you and you have already seen its effect in your life

Bluster and bluff. A fascinating example of technique, though, to expose to public view in this way.
Does it normally work?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You know exactly what I am talking about. Unlike you, other than mentioning the curse I did not falsely claim stuff about you as you did I. Everything spoken against your teaching, Not you, is backed by scriptures and you know it.

Revelation 22, Duet 4, Duet 12 and Prov 30 are four warnings fro God not to ADD, Take Away or Diminish the words of God. Diminish means to disparage the Trinity as you have, the deity of Christ as you have and the rejection of the Holy Ghost as God which you have. All anyone following your false teachings has to do is search the scriptures as commanded in the Bible by Jesus and attested to by Paul. They have not done so, many are gullible unbelievers who stand for nothing scriptural and fall for everything non-scriptural.

This whole duality of scriptures and that choices must be made one or the other you are teaching is a new age teaching not BIBLE TEACHING. I know I was involved in it for years before Jesus Saved my soul from hell. Something I have yet to see in your life or your salvation testimony (if you have any).

False teaching makes you a false teacher and that is based in the scriptures and is not just a mere opinion as most of your teaching are.

edit on 7/23/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join