It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some helpful Mask information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Here’s a simple piece of advice.

After wearing mask for a while they do become contaminated and some claim virtually useless .

Soooo......

If you travel with a mask and when not in use. Hang it from your rearview mirror the sun’s UV rays will sterilize it every day .

Mother nature you’ve got to love that gal .

She’s got a hack for everything. 😉

Wash the mask in strong and/or salty disinfectant and hang it to dry in the sun, too. Be aware that any rubberized straps oxidize quickly and will break after a while.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

...my grandmother was a FAR better tatter...

You know how to tat??? That's so cool. Even if your grandmother was better!

It's the one thing my grandmother didn't teach me, and I really wish she had. I have her shuttles but not the skill to use them.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kent04
did some research this morning bc I keep seeing these mask posts everywhere, BUT everyone is wearing CLOTH masks

Avg pore size for .44mm cloth 31.0 um
Covid, Sars Virus circumference 100 nm

1,000 nm = 1um

.1 virus size to 31 pore size

That's like a virus the size of a 1x1 Beach Ball going through a hole the size of a Football Field!!!!

So, if your gonna wear a mask, please wear one with a 3m filter or something,

Please correct my maths if its wrong

I have been equating it to trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really like these kinds of masks. Just something about them. They're super effective..

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Majority of the mask the general public is wearing do not prevent you from spreading a virus, like all the people on social media love to claim (it's to prevent you from spreading it). You can't find any peer reviewed study that proves they prevent you from spreading a virus. So many Karen's in the world today trying to control other peoples lives.

When out in public, look around at how many people keep screwing with the mask and taking off/on or pulling it down when not indoors. Still think masks are going to do a damn thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The point is to prevent the number of droplets containing the virus and the distance over which they are distributed by those who are infected. Viruses don't really float around all on their lonesome very much. It takes more than one to infect someone.

I'm not really sure what not wearing a mask accomplishes.
edit on 7/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I’ve been kind a lazy today.
I guess I was speaking from minimal effort . Lol

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: FyreByrd
What qualifies something as a mask? I wear a bandana over my face at work (only because I have to)
The rules are arbitrary and it's easy to see.

A bandana is better then noting as it covers both the nose and the mouth

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kent04
did some research this morning bc I keep seeing these mask posts everywhere, BUT everyone is wearing CLOTH masks

Avg pore size for .44mm cloth 31.0 um
Covid, Sars Virus circumference 100 nm

1,000 nm = 1um

.1 virus size to 31 pore size

That's like a virus the size of a 1x1 Beach Ball going through a hole the size of a Football Field!!!!

So, if your gonna wear a mask, please wear one with a 3m filter or something,

Please correct my maths if its wrong

Anything is bette than nothing. And double or triple layers are better yet. Tightly woven cotton is better then knits but knits are a bit easier to breathe through.

Just were a mask. Be part of the cure not part of the disease.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Nyiah

Did you really just contemplate crocheting a mask? Have you turned into your grandmother? What's next, crochet animals made around toilet paper rolls?

Crochet would be just fine if lined with a tightly woven lining or two or a pocket for a hepa filter.... get creative.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hell, toilet paper wrapped around your face is better than nothing.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
My disposable mask:
Paper towel folded into triangle shape. Rubber band on each end to go over your ears.
Compliant, ridiculous looking & definitely makes a statement about masks.
Equally effective in stopping virus molecules.
ALTERNATIVELY
I wear a scrub 'hat' over mouth & nose making a loose pouch like (think horse feeder) mask.
When asked why I'd wear something so outlandish, response it "I talk so much sh*t, it catches the overflow"

ganjoa

top topics

<< 1   >>

join