It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you believe the OP's statement is factual.

That police are dragging people off the street.

What empirical evidence do you have?

So the feds are watching/recording violent protesters/rioters and when they walk away from the area after breaking laws the feds follow them and round them up in a very efficient way bringing them in to be charged.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So using high pressure & high fear terrorist tactics on civilians....isn't terrorism?

Of course it's terrorism...

I'm just not sure if your talking about the ones rioting or the ones with the government badges and guns...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I'm not disputing anyone who has committed a crime should be held responsible. If in fact they are choosing to pick up random people who have not committed any crime, detain them, photograph them and release them never telling them who they are being detained by or charging them, then that's where it would start to get sketchy in my book. We all say ohhh its OK to do this in this situation, so there is no questioning, but then it devolves into any protest etc... as I mentioned earlier this could be a very slippery slope to go down.

Like a slippery slope of lets say a cop shooting someone with a weapon committing a crime compared to just randomly shooting people in the street?

The provocateurs were recorded first, not just pulling random protesters off the streets.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So using high pressure & high fear terrorist tactics on civilians....isn't terrorism?

Of course it's terrorism...

I'm just not sure if your talking about the ones rioting or the ones with the government badges and guns...

Last time I checked, the po-po aren't the ones stealing, vandalizing & burning down businesses because they're a little pissy about something and want their way RIGHTNOW.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This sounds as shady as f, next will be..show us your papers.

Having said that, the protests need to end, they have been hijacked, nothing useful happening at this point. IMHO

....and once again, these aren’t protesters, they’re rioters, who are also breaking imposed curfew law.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zxunda

a reply to: DBCowboy

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Um... yeah... pot meet kettle.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

There ought to be a law against that.

Oh wait. . . .

I would totally be for shooting looters in self defense if common citizens would be able shoot off cops from harassing and not respecting your rights because mad kid wants sense of authority.

So you're against shooting people who may harm you or kill you because we can't shoot cops?

That's a full bucket of stupid.

right there you just said it, you're FOR shooting people that kill you or may harm you but not if its a cop?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I used the words "If in fact" to clarify that if what is being reported is true. You do understand that my concern is not just Portland but the potential of this occuring let's say at the planned anti mask protests coming up I read about or any protest. Whether I agree with a BLM protest or the a I want a haircut protest, if in fact citizens could be picked up, held and not charged by officials who do not have to state who they are and what you are being accused of, it is a scary idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
it is a scary idea.

Lots of scary ideas....

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can anyone post some links to videos of people being taken ?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Boadicea

None of them have gone unaccountable. Every case of police "brutality" is investigated, and every video you see shows that it's justified.

Bull. Philando Castile's death was NOT justifiable. Neither was George Floyd's. Neither was Daniel Shaver's or Tony Timpa's. We also know that "investigations" can and are often rigged. We also know that evidence is planted by cops and hidden by cops. We also know that many investigations are not transparent, so we really don't know what the facts and the truth are.

As far as doing the right thing... When cops shoot someone, people say they should have used a taser. When cops use a taser on someone, people say the cop should have used the take-down tactics they were taught. When a cop uses the take-down tactics they were taught, people scream police brutality.

Yeah, lots of people say lots of stupid things. And no matter what is done by who, someone is going to say something stupid. That's why we have very specific laws, protocols and procedures for ensuring truth and justice. That's the American way. It's called due process and equal application of the law.

If the cop does anything besides let the criminal go free, he or she is chastised into oblivion. I'm sick of it.

Oh my lordy. No freaking hype there. We all know that every single solitary cop who has arrested someone has been "chastised into oblivion." Um hum. That's what's happening. I wondered where all the cops keep disappearing. Now I know -- "oblivion."

I shouldn't have to tell my children to choose a different career because of the targets that have been painted on our police by society's piss-ants.

Being a cop ain't for sissies -- but I'm sure your kids already know that. Being a good cop in the face of danger is what makes good cops badasses. I'm sure your kids already know that too.

Do you?

Here's a thought: Tell your kids that stupid people say stupid things ALL THE TIME, and that includes stupid people saying stupid things about them, and as long as they know they are doing their best to do the right thing in whatever circumstances they find themselves, they can hold their head up high... and they'll have a clear conscience when they meet St Peter at the Pearly Gates whenever that might be.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I believe it was Chris Rock who said "if you don't want to get your ass kicked by the police, don't break the #ing law". Pretty simple concept, yet so many seem to not understand it.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Um... yeah... pot meet kettle.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

There ought to be a law against that.

Oh wait. . . .

I would totally be for shooting looters in self defense if common citizens would be able shoot off cops from harassing and not respecting your rights because mad kid wants sense of authority.

So you're against shooting people who may harm you or kill you because we can't shoot cops?

That's a full bucket of stupid.

right there you just said it, you're FOR shooting people that kill you or may harm you but not if its a cop?

And you're making a false equivalency between shooting cops whom you think are doing wrong and looters actively trying to kill people.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Last time I checked, the po-po aren't the ones stealing, vandalizing & burning down businesses because they're a little pissy about something and want their way RIGHTNOW.

And last time I checked, terrorism wasn't limited to "stealing, vandalizing and burning down businesses".

Terrorism can take many forms. And anyone can be a terrorist. Even police.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn
I believe it was Chris Rock who said "if you don't want to get your ass kicked by the police, don't break the #ing law". Pretty simple concept, yet so many seem to not understand it.

People understand it just fine.

What too many others do understand but refuse to acknowledge is that too often, people get their asses kicked (and worse) who are NOT breaking the #ing law.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Having said that, the protests need to end, they have been hijacked, nothing useful happening at this point. IMHO

....and once again, these aren’t protesters, they’re rioters, who are also breaking imposed curfew law.

Ok, I can roll with that, for the most part, like I said, gone on long enough.

In any case, I still think the "secret police" thing is shady.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

People understand it just fine.

What too many others do understand but refuse to acknowledge is that too often, people get their asses kicked (and worse) who are NOT breaking the #ing law.

Yes, that needs to stop but if we’re talking about Portland and we are yes? If you’re roaming around past curfew, you’re breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Ok, I can roll with that, for the most part, like I said, gone on long enough.

In any case, I still think the "secret police" thing is shady.

It would be very shady. I think you have to exercise caution in taking what this guy is saying seriously. I find it really hard to believe that any agency would waste their time randomly choosing people to detain for absolutely NO reason. Although, with a curfew imposed your kind of open game, especially walking around in black at 2:00 we’ll past curfew during a riot.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yes, that needs to stop but if we’re talking about Portland and we are yes? If you’re roaming around past curfew, you’re breaking the law.

So cops beating the crap out of law abiding people needs to stop -- good to know. But that leaves a whole lot of non-violent lawbreakers that are not a threat to anyone, let alone police. Please be more specific. Don't be shy. Spell it out for me.

Are you saying that it's okay for police to beat the crap out of anyone who breaks a law? Jaywalkers? Litterers? Taillight burned out? Police just get to kick everyone's ass that breaks the law now? Or is there some magical line in there? Cops can beat this lawbreaker's ass but not that lawbreaker's ass?
edit on 17-7-2020 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
Fair point!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So Rayshard Brooks was not in violation of the law when he resisted arrest, stole an officers taser, then fired it at the officers? I remember a headline shortly after about the officer that fired his weapon being either suspended or fired.

Your precious martyr George Floyd had a criminal record that goes back several years, including crimes of theft, drug use, also spending 5 years in prison for armed robbery. That one was classy too. He dressed up to look like a utility worker, broke into a pregnant womans house, along with 5 of his friends, if I'm remembering the details correctly. One of them held a loaded firearm to the woman's stomach. Real classy bunch there. In his case, the officer was definitely using excessive force, but it looks as though it had more to do with a personal grudge considering they worked together at one point beforehand. He was also under arrest for passing a counterfeit $20 bill, which is a federal felony, even if it were only a $1 bill.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join