It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
so Much for everyone else obeying laws and trying just to live huh
Portland Devastated, Aftermath of 30+ Days of Rioting…NO SIGN OF SLOWING - July 3rd

Last night, the City of Portland looked to the sky for fireworks, but not in celebration of the Fourth of July holiday. Rather, ANTIFA radicals used fireworks to attack police and the public, even injuring one of their own comrades.

In what appears to be something out of “The Purge,” ANTIFA lit fireworks outside the Portland federal courthouse. Ultimately, they rioted for hours and attempted to start a fire in the courthouse.

Portland Police Bureau Chief Chuck Lovell said in a statement, “Engaging in criminal activity including vandalism and property damage is not peaceful demonstration. We ask for the public’s help in identifying and sharing information about those responsible so they can be held accountable.”

IDENTIFY - SURVEIL & ARREST them ALL
LoL
edit on 7172020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Nyiah
Give me a break, they're terrorists. People who shield themselves with a "cause" in order to destroy and steal, and scare people into complying with their outrageous gimme-gimme demands aren't worth much other than being rounded up. In the ME, we reduce them to worm food_javascript:icon('
'). I'd say it's deserved on both ends.

Save your BS for others NAZI.

That's rich. So using high pressure & high fear terrorist tactics on civilians....isn't terrorism? TF kind of universe do you live in anyway?
Users like that don't have a valid response, so they resort to violating godwins law.

No kidding. It's like they're not even trying to be logical anymore, they're just excusing the behaviors wholesale and hoping everyone gives up the debates.
edit on 7/17/2020 by Nyiah because: god dammit with the typos today...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I believe the ACLU is mentioned in that article. If not they are in another. Also the justice department is now involved and investigating the federal cop who shot a man from across the street with non lethal munitions causing a skull fracture and necessary reconstructive surgery which was caught on video.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
so Much for everyone else obeying laws and trying just to live huh
Portland Devastated, Aftermath of 30+ Days of Rioting…NO SIGN OF SLOWING - July 3rd

Last night, the City of Portland looked to the sky for fireworks, but not in celebration of the Fourth of July holiday. Rather, ANTIFA radicals used fireworks to attack police and the public, even injuring one of their own comrades.

In what appears to be something out of “The Purge,” ANTIFA lit fireworks outside the Portland federal courthouse. Ultimately, they rioted for hours and attempted to start a fire in the courthouse.

Portland Police Bureau Chief Chuck Lovell said in a statement, “Engaging in criminal activity including vandalism and property damage is not peaceful demonstration. We ask for the public’s help in identifying and sharing information about those responsible so they can be held accountable.”

Arrest them ALL
LoL

Yes, arrest all of them if they're pulling this kind of crap.

How is this hard for you to understand? It's like you WANT to say we're on the same side on the issue, but don't at the same time.

Make up your mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think anyone disputes looters or attackers should not be arrested. What do think about someone who attended a protest being pulled off the street by unidentified agents into unmarked vehicles, searched, photographed, and then released with no charge, no paperwork to even note they were stopped?

Now they have their pictures, and I'd assume their fingerprints as well...

This happened in Portland, a place where groups of idiots kicked the police out and took over city blocks. They wanted this and they got it. Can't cry foul for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I believe the ACLU is mentioned in that article. If not they are in another. Also the justice department is now involved and investigating the federal cop who shot a man from across the street with non lethal munitions causing a skull fracture and necessary reconstructive surgery which was caught on video.

Well good, that's how this stuff works, LOL just have fun bringing a federal lawsuit in federal buildings that have been trashed. Certainly when it's protesting that's fine, but when you just start destroying stuff because you can, you are gonna get a response, and it's likely going to get out of control, that's what happens when one side loses their self-control, the other side is likely to do the same.

And as far as the anti masker's reference, if they were destroying stuff and burning everything that's over the line. But have the anti maskers even had protests anywhere? They don't get a lot of coverage, but if they were violent the media would be all over it. But you know that you are good little padawan.
edit on 17-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Um... yeah... pot meet kettle.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

No it's not. Over 300,000,000 police interactions annually, and only 2 or 3 blacks who were killed and unarmed, not trying to fight the police. How exactly did they get us to this point? Personal responsibility isn't hard, nor is courtesy.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm not disputing anyone who has committed a crime should be held responsible. If in fact they are choosing to pick up random people who have not committed any crime, detain them, photograph them and release them never telling them who they are being detained by or charging them, then that's where it would start to get sketchy in my book. We all say ohhh its OK to do this in this situation, so there is no questioning, but then it devolves into any protest etc... as I mentioned earlier this could be a very slippery slope to go down.
edit on 17-7-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Use the "China model" so they don't come back, or show up in another city to cause unrest.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: highvein

You obviously haven't travelled outside your bubble.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
FYI

Heads up to the Anarchists - Non-Peaceful Protestors - Agitators - Those who Wish to Overthrow the USA Government on either State or Federal levels ....

Something your "Leaders" may not have warned you about ....

Your Phone/Tablet/Computer has been Recording and Tracking Your Moves and all that you are in Contact with and those organizing .
Have all your Data - You are not Anonymous - You cannot simply Erase what you have been part of.

Time to pay the Piper
Godspeed to the Men and Women who protect this Great Country !

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I was really curious as to the general opinion here. I do believe the ATS of old would find this a slippery slope to go down and would have already speculated involvement of Erik Prince.

ATS of old is still here. People are just sick and tired of blm and other radical groups that are out destroying anything they please.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Over 300,000,000 police interactions annually, and only 2 or 3 blacks who were killed and unarmed, not trying to fight the police. How exactly did they get us to this point?

Sooooooooooooo much wrong with this statement. First and foremost, no one is protesting the police interactions with civilians that did NOT go wrong. So, yes, it is police playing judge, jury and executioner that brought us to this point. And even one such incident that goes unaccountable is too many.

Second, being armed is not a crime. It is our 2nd Amendment right. So just because someone is armed, does not make them a threat to police. Philando Castile is a perfect example.

Third, unless the police have reasonable reason to believe a person is a direct and imminent threat to their life, then lethal force is not justified. Only that amount of force necessary to stop a threat.

Personal responsibility isn't hard, nor is courtesy.

Indeed. Police officers also have a personal responsibility to do the right thing, including their oath to protect and serve the public, as well as to uphold the Constitution.

It isn't really hard... nor is courtesy.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Difference between civilians and Domestic Threats/Enemies to the Republic ... And I bet you'd like to defund the police cuz they are all guilty .... oh the Humanity ... which is questionable from the left lol

Wonder if them Protestors file their Soros 1099's

You quoted the wrong person...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

If they didn't know who was arresting them then why are we discussing federal officers snatching them off the streets?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
lol
thats what happened ! Thanks ...
I'm sure the message though got thru

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This sounds as shady as f, next will be..show us your papers.

Having said that, the protests need to end, they have been hijacked, nothing useful happening at this point. IMHO

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

None of them have gone unaccountable. Every case of police "brutality" is investigated, and every video you see shows that it's justified.

As far as doing the right thing... When cops shoot someone, people say they should have used a taser. When cops use a taser on someone, people say the cop should have used the take-down tactics they were taught. When a cop uses the take-down tactics they were taught, people scream police brutality.

If the cop does anything besides let the criminal go free, he or she is chastised into oblivion. I'm sick of it. I shouldn't have to tell my children to choose a different career because of the targets that have been painted on our police by society's piss-ants.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This sounds as shady as f, next will be..show us your papers.

Having said that, the protests need to end, they have been hijacked, nothing useful happening at this point. IMHO

To be honest, the protests were hijacked on day 1. Most people in this country think about crime now when they hear Floyd's name, if they even remember it.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It's my understanding they didn't know at the time. Now that the governor has spoken about it and the news is starting on it, I guess it's safe to assume. Although now anyone could put on fatigues, arm themselves and rent a vehicle and grab people and you wouldn't know who is actually a federal agent. I know you said you are sick of BLM but this just sets my "yikes this could go bad" radar. For lack of a better word. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join