It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Give it a rest. You have a problem with the law take it up with congress

Arresting criminals is not overreach, it's their job.

The only conspiracy here is that LWNNs are ticked off they are unable to loot, riot, burn and murder without consequences.

Protests don't grant special rights to attack people. If a protestor breaks the law they are a criminal and will be arrested.

These antifa scumbags need to be crushed
edit on 7/21/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
17 people shot in Chicago

Our streets are running red with blood

Criminals running rampant bringing mayhem and carnage to our country

And the left wants to complain about law enforcement doing it's job and arresting criminals? I don't want to hear a word about it

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
17 people shot in Chicago

Our streets are running red with blood

Criminals running rampant bringing mayhem and carnage to our country

And the left wants to complain about law enforcement doing it's job and arresting criminals? I don't want to hear a word about it

Truth.

The idiots that don’t want the police are the first ones who call them, truly.

Those who don’t truly need the police to defend their property, ironically, want them police - even though they’ll take care of the job before the police arrive.

I’d be shocked if any NRA members wanted to defund the police or remove law enforcement. Some “reform” or “fixing” of the general criminal justice system - sure. But no police? Not a chance.

It’s just funny that the people who could handle things themselves understand the importance of having someone else do it via a centralized agency that is there to keep the peace and NOT have the world be ruled by the gun. Then those who what chaos or the ability to use their weapons inappropriately want no law or order.

Pretty telling...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I’m sure some people here would be outraged, certainly. There’s a lot of partisan hacks on this website. I’m not one of them, though, so you can direct that “you” nonsense elsewhere.

You damage government buildings and attack cops who are trying to stop you from doing so, you get what you deserve. I don’t give a damn what your politics are.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The panic over jade helm is definitely the example I would go with, for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Exactly!

How do they expect to reform a system they defund? All it will do is leed to low standards, fewer training opportunities, fewer resources and an overburdened system

They should be working to reduce the total number of laws on the books (many are meaningless or counterproductive) and funding thins like body cameras, verbal judo/de-escalation training and some of the newer advanced less lethal tactical options. But instead their answer is to defund (partially or fully) police and in some places replace them with non sworn city employees who can carry a gun with a permit. What sense does that make? It seems that they do want police, they just want to pick and choose the officers

IMO putting in nonsworn people in there will have disasterous results. Both for the community and the city employees themselves

Can you imagine a non LEO trying to conduct a traffic stop? A DUI FST? Responding to a domestic, mental health crisis or drug related medical? Very dangerous and I truly worry for the nonsworn individuals they plan to send out

Your last paragraph is especially true
Many of us learned that just because you can do something doesn't make it a good idea
A centralized body to enforce the law standardizes the response and prevents disparities in the level of protection under the lw each individual gets. Who do they think will be most affected and hardest hit? Those of us with money resources and frankly weapons will not suffer the brunt end of these poor decisions, it will be the poor disaffected communities

I think a third of the country has lost their marbles
edit on 7/22/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Anybody got any vids of commies getting their heads split from last night?

I like feel good videos in the morning.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here is a heartwarming video of an Antifa domestic terrorist getting owned. Watch until the end.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Sadly I did not, but I always keep an eye out! I have a decent collection though

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Appreciate this

Bring a nice warm glow seeing the enemies of freedom take a posterior whooping doesn't it?

I think their parents needed to do this more when they were younger and maybe they'd have turned out better
edit on 7/22/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Enjoy!

The people should not fear their government, rather they should be in control it!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This sounds unconstitutional for me. I believe he is using the Department of Homeland Security as his personal police force to arrest citizens who aren’t even terrorists. Some were factually proven to have just been walking near the protests without having committed any crimes or destructive behavior and they were being kidnapped off the streets and being put in unmarked vans.

When Republicans made the Patriot Act, they scoffed at the idea of a President using the DHS as a personal police force against U.S. Citizens that are against him politically. Yet here we are.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This sounds unconstitutional for me. I believe he is using the Department of Homeland Security as his personal police force to arrest citizens who aren’t even terrorists. Some were factually proven to have just been walking near the protests without having committed any crimes or destructive behavior and they were being kidnapped off the streets and being put in unmarked vans.

When Republicans made the Patriot Act, they scoffed at the idea of a President using the DHS as a personal police force against U.S. Citizens that are against him politically. Yet here we are.

Let’s not forget that peaceful protesting is entirely constitutional, which is what many of those kidnapped were engaged in. At the very least, Trump should be harassing the people who are actually involved in riots.
edit on 22pmWed, 22 Jul 2020 18:16:35 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Then what force are the people burning, looting, creating illegal roadblocks resulting in murder of an eight year old, and illegally taking over city blocks. Who owns that force. And how should it be stopped?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

While I do have concerns about constitutional rights violations in general (ala Covid)... you’re way off the mark here.

These people gave up their rights when they decided to become thugs, looters, defacers of property, destroying of other people’s life’s work and wasters of tax payer dollars - never mind object criminals.

So, police away, feds. Portland is too dumb to do it themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

A few corrections here.

1) DHS is a Federal law enforcement agency with sworn federal agents who have police powers.

2) Their job is enforcement of US law, not just anti-terrorism. Although any violence whatsoever with political goals is textbook terrorism if you want to get technical on this point. And believe me, we are getting very technical. This bull# is over and done, the radical antifa types just haven't realized it yet. They've already lost. Whatever they do, they lose and they lose big time. They aren't dealing with vanilla soy boy NW politicians anymore. The federal agents aren't screwing around. Expect many to do time in Club Fed.

3) "Some were factually proven to have just been walking near the protests without having committed any crimes or destructive behavior" - Where is this factual proof at? Lets have a look at it here.

4) To point #3, *if* there was a mistake made, it actually happens on occasion. Mistakes can be made. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people could get you accidentally arrested, and LEOs are immunized against these incidental mistakes provided there are no special circumstances.

5) "They were being kidnapped off the streets and being put in unmarked vans." They aren't being kidnapped, they're being arrested. Perps are put in unmarked cars all the time, nothing special or unusual about this. Plainclothes officers frequently engage in these sort of arrests, its the officer not the uniform/vehicle that makes a LEO.

6) "When Republicans made the Patriot Act, they scoffed at the idea of a President using the DHS as a personal police force against U.S. Citizens that are against him politically. Yet here we are." It isn't being used as a personal police force. It is being used to enforce US federal law according to its mission. Just because someone opposes you politically doesn't mean they get a special pass to break the law and ignore consequences. Think back to Mueller, the politics of the investigators don't matter right? No such thing as biases right? Even if the officer in question has expressed personal opinions about a particular individual there is no harm, per the Strozok/Page standard. However, there is absolutely no evidence any of that is true here. Nothing other than the allegation you invented, that is.

7) "Let’s not forget that peaceful protesting is entirely constitutional, which is what many of those kidnapped were engaged in." Not kidnapped, arrested. Kidnapping is an unlawful seizure. These are duly sworn Federal agents with the power of arrest, your claim is invalid.

8) "At the very least, Trump should be harassing the people who are actually involved in riots." Yes he should. As well as the support structure (financial, propaganda, operational, etc) since this is an organized effort by a terror group known as "Rose City Antifa" and backed by some serious money. FYI, just because someone wasn't engaged in illegal activity when they were arrested doesn't mean they weren't identified through an investigation and arrested for activity that occurred on another night/a few years back/etc.

edit on 7/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If anyone wants to fully understand why this site's future is [to put it generously] in doubt, take a good look at the hypocrisy on full display within this thread. The bitch is that it's not the site itself that's failed. It's the closed-minded partisan tribalism of the overwhelming percentage of the community that hijacked the site and drove out so many members as a result of that aggressive swarming of disingenuous aggression over recent years.

It sucks that it's all devolved to this extent. If any bit of controversy should have caused this place to erupt in indignation and disgust, it should have been this blatant and clearly illegal Federal storm-trooper "jackboot" invasion of an American city without invitation and completely against that city's wishes. Christ, if this was a swarm of federal troops trucked in to violently take apart an anti-mask or 2nd Amendment rights protest . . . seriously . . . think about how it'd be framed on this board. I remember this place #ting itself over Obama's IRS taking a closer look at the tax exempt status of a couple obviously partisan political PACs and screaming about an emerging dictatorship. I guess it all comes down to whose jackboot federal storm-troopers it is that's invaded which city.

No one likes or respects hypocrisy or cheap partisan what-about-isms, and the intellectual machinations required to make that sort of thing appear acceptable becomes increasingly exhausting. Eventually it becomes a chore to even read other people struggling to keep that point of perspective from sounding ludicrous. In the end who wants to be around that sort of depressing chatter?

Obviously, the bizarre hard-right apocalyptic fantasy isn't very popular anymore. Not even online, it seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Funny “liberal” minded people that defended the Russian collusion investigation evaporated from ATS once it was shown the “investigation” was manufactured and illegal.

Now. You want people to defend looting, torching of private property, and a illegal armed roadblock that result in the murder of a child.

And you want people to condemned the arrests of murders, looters, and arsonists?

Let’s play the what if game.

Think if a NRA rally ended in the members looting and torching whole city blocks. They be labeled terrorists. Think if the NRA posted illegal armed roadblocks that resulted in the death of an eight year old girl.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
SO how illegal is it if the feds are using the peoples very own social media posts to identify suspects? On top of that a good number of federal buildings have security cameras! Oh and lets not forget that there are cameras all over these days. Of those three examples the social media will give you the most information, go ahead tag your friends when you going off to vandalize! Of course that would negate the narrative of the feds just "kidnapping" people, so that won't even enter the thought process.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Give me a break. They are FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. They are allowed to enforce federal law anywhere it is being violated. It doesn't have to just be federal property, or Al Capone would've never been taken down by the IRS.

Go cry about another made up issue because I promise you're going to lose big on this one.

And just wait til the crime rates actually start going down. It will be irrefutable that Trump's actions are to thank, and citizens all over the country will see who is standing up for them and who (democrats) are standing up for criminals/rioters/thugs/worthless communist trash.

Obviously, the bizarre hard-right apocalyptic fantasy isn't very popular anymore. Not even online, it seems.

Yawn. If you want us to care get a real argument. Police shutting down the businesses of citizens is a big deal. Police busting criminal rioters who have engaged in violence for months on end is not a big deal, and its a welcome sight to see. Many of us have realized it isn't the government itself that is a threat to our freedom, but who controls the government. The left and the forces behind the left are the threat. They are the enemy. The government only becomes the enemy of those forces somehow (and I couldn't imagine how) managed to con or steal their way back into power.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join