It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Trueman ID These Mushrooms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
We get chanterelles out the wazoo here in GA. Me and a buddy typically harvest about 4 lbs each when we go camping or to one of the lakes we hang at. Can't get enough of those!

The yellow ones of my photos look like chanterelles. See ?

garden-photos-com.photoshelter.com...

Looks similar but chantarelles don't grow on trees.

I'm learning that now

Just can't wait for those classes

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Maybe worth pointing out that it is not advisable to eat wild mushrooms in large amounts/and often, because they are natures filtration systems and all kinds of crazy stuff happens and accumulates in the soil and in the fruiting bodies of fungi.

So moderation is key, even with chanterelles.

Happy hunting!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Maybe worth pointing out that it is not advisable to eat wild mushrooms in large amounts/and often, because they are natures filtration systems and all kinds of crazy stuff happens and accumulates in the soil and in the fruiting bodies of fungi.

So moderation is key, even with chanterelles.

Happy hunting!

It make sense. To get wild mushrooms takes time and I don't think I could find greats amounts of them at once, it'll be a special occasion, nice wine included.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The Third One down looks like a Fistulina hepatica , it Grows near Oak Trees .

Oh , and the Director of this Film might Know for Sure .......

edit on 17-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Also, “Hen of the woods”.

Grows about 10 - 14 feet off the forest floor and looks like a wild hen’s butt feathers! About the only kind I can truly identify and would eat on sight if starving!!

There are local nature walks where various types are shown (and sampled). Some grow in earth and may or not be poisonous (as said, they filter stuff that kills your liver), and others up in trees off of cellulose. Those, except the hallucinogenic ones,?are mostly safe.

Field guides and take the local tour a couple of times!!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
At first I thought one picture might be chicken of the woods, but I actually do not think they are after looking more closely. I can tell them in the woods around here, I know morrels, chicken of the woods, and oyster mushrooms pretty well, everyone seems to know puffballs and the birch mushrooms around here too.

I can't be sure from a picture, I look at them from different directions to identify mushrooms. Our property gets all sorts of mushrooms here, some with medical properties, others that are food, and of course lots that can make you sick.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The 2nd picture looks like ringless honey mushrooms. I had a bunch pop in my backyard after a tree fell. They popped up all along the root path. These were delicious. I fried some in garlic and butter and them dehydrated some to add to soup or stew stock.
make sure you positively identify them.
nature.mdc.mo.gov...
edit on 7/20/2020 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join