It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Azerbaijan Threatens To Strike Armenian Atomic Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
We used to have a member that posted a thread a few years ago saying there was going to a conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorny-Karabakh area. Most people did not seem to take notice of the thread as human nature seems to be to hide/or not be interested in stuff that does not directly affect them. This could become a big deal due to the neighboring countries getting involved.

Full title: Azerbaijan Threatens To Strike Armenian Atomic Plant Amid Worst Border Fighting In Years

Via AlMasdarNews.com,

The Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense warned on Thursday, that its forces could carry out a precision strike on the Metzamur power station in western Armenia if Yerevan decided to hit Azerbaijani strategic installations.

This after renewed fighting along the historically contested border early this week, as the AP described:

Armenia and Azerbaijan forces fought Tuesday with heavy artillery and drones, leaving at least 16 people killed on both sides, including an Azerbaijani general, in the worst outbreak of hostilities in years.

Skirmishes on the volatile border between the two South Caucasus nations began Sunday. Azerbaijan said it has lost 11 servicemen and one civilian in three days of fighting, and Armenia said four of its troops were killed Tuesday.

War is not a video game so let us all hope cooler minds can intervene before a really big shooting war starts. The area is surrounded by Iran, Turkey, Georgia, and Russia. If the fighting gets serious you have to wonder who will be picking sides ?
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
These threats have been voiced for a long time. Back in 2014, Armenia and Azerbaijan exchanged similar threats. Armenia threatened to blow up the dam of the Mingachevir hydroelectric power station with rockets, and Azerbaijan - the Metsamor nuclear power plant. In both cases, this is a disaster for the entire Transcaucasus.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
These threats have been voiced for a long time. Back in 2014, Armenia and Azerbaijan exchanged similar threats. Armenia threatened to blow up the dam of the Mingachevir hydroelectric power station with rockets, and Azerbaijan - the Metsamor nuclear power plant. In both cases, this is a disaster for the entire Transcaucasus.

Thanks for the reply.... I do not know that much (very little actually) about the area but....looking at a map there are some interesting possibilities is why I posted.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Thanks for the reply.... I do not know that much (very little actually) about the area but....looking at a map there are some interesting possibilities is why I posted.

I know a lot about this region. I was born and raised in Baku (Azerbaijan) and I still have many friends of Armenians and Azerbaijanis.

Unfortunately, Turkey is pushing Azerbaijan to war, and George Soros's structures in Armenia. The government of Armenia is all the henchmen of Soros
edit on 17-7-2020 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I know a lot about this region. I was born and raised in Baku (Azerbaijan) and I still have many friends of Armenians and Azerbaijanis.

Unfortunately, Turkey is pushing Azerbaijan to war, and George Soros's structures in Armenia. The government of Armenia is all the henchmen of Soros

Is Armenia strong enough militarily to fight a war with Azerbaijan and vice versa? Would it be a pointless stalemate and what neighboring countries would get involved? Turkey + Azerbaijan beats up on Armenia? What does Armenia have to gain and who would help them?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Is Armenia strong enough militarily to fight a war with Azerbaijan and vice versa? Would it be a pointless stalemate and what neighboring countries would get involved? Turkey + Azerbaijan beats up on Armenia? What does Armenia have to gain and who would help them?

Armenia is a member of the CSTO (an analogue of NATO among the former Soviet republics, fragments of the Russian Empire). In case of direct aggression against Armenia, Russia is obliged to protect it. Moreover, there is a Russian military base in Gyumri and 12 thousand soldiers in Armenia). But Nagorno-Karabakh is not Armenia, legally it is part of Azerbaijan, although it has not controlled Karabakh for 30 years. In the event of fighting in Karabakh, Russia has no obligation to defend. Legally, this will be a civil war in Azerbaijan.
The paradox is that now Russia has much better relations with Azerbaijan than with Armenia, which has headed for rapprochement with Western Europe. The government of Armenia is a creature of Soros. Russia is not very beneficial to any conflict between these countries, both peoples are brotherly to the Russians. Any war in the Caucasus is a blow to Russia.
By the way, the only period when these peoples did not fight each other was when they were all part of the Russian Empire and the USSR

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The area is surrounded by Iran, Turkey, Georgia, and Russia. If the fighting gets serious you have to wonder who will be picking sides ?

I like to believe they take offence against anyone that would blow up a nuclear reactor close to their borders.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I was born and raised in Baku

And here I thought you were a native Saratovian.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Turks been trying to wipe out Armenians for a hundred years now and eliminate Christians in its path. If not for Russia heavens knows what would happen to the current remnants of the Armenian people people. Thanksfully Moscow has land forces based there so at least they have that last card to play

edit to add.............. No Russian fan boy here. Armenians were a thorn in the side of Turkey and Imperial Russia used them against Turks. They're all flippin crazies / they're Human Beings
edit on 17-7-2020 by ufoorbhunter because: As listed

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I was born and raised in Baku

And here I thought you were a native Saratovian.

Cheers

I am a native of Baku. Together with my entire large family, I moved to Saratov at the end of 1994. Then the Russians were ousted from the union republics, where by "soft power" as in Baku, and where by genocide. We bought several houses and apartments in Saratov and have lived here ever since. But my small homeland is Baku.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That doesn't sound like it was a good experience. Sounds reminiscent of the Basmachi movement.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That doesn't sound like it was a good experience. Sounds reminiscent of the Basmachi movement.

Cheers

Yes, it was a tragedy. Baku was the pearl of the East, it was called the Paris of the East. Many cultures and languages ​​have been mixed in Baku and a unique culture has turned out. Until now, every year we, classmates from Baku, every September, gather on the Black Sea coast of the Caucasus and spend a week at sea with barbecue, vodka and songs with a guitar. People come from different countries - Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, the Netherlands, Germany, Turkey, USA (San Diego), Canada and even Australia. And we all still speak Russian with Armenian and Azerbaijani words and a Hebrew accent)))

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I was thinking you know a thing or two about the Caspian Sea if you grew up in Baku.

Diasporas are a bitter experience. If people enjoy some good fortune, it may become a bittersweet experience.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I was thinking you know a thing or two about the Caspian Sea if you grew up in Baku.

Diasporas are a bitter experience. If people enjoy some good fortune, it may become a bittersweet experience.

Cheers

The Caspian is the most gentle and at the same time treacherous sea. It has a unique and terrifying quality. After a storm, because the coast and the seabed are made of sand, large empty areas under the seabed are formed. You can fall through them and drown near the shore. And the sea itself is sandy beaches along with rocks. In my youth, I did a lot of scuba diving.
As for the diasporas - when you experience it yourself with your family - this is of course a blow for your whole life. But over time, only good memories remain.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

top topics

join