It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydroxychloroquine Still Doesn’t Do Anything, New Data Shows

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
New. Pretty new.

The researchers decided to conduct their experiments on a human lung cell line called Calu-3 to find out whether chloroquine has the same inhibitory effect here. After all, the novel coronavirus mainly finds its way into the human body via the lungs.

"The virus docks on the cell in the lung, is then activated by the protease TMPRSS2 and can thus enter the cell," explains Hoffmann. While chloroquine shows an inhibitory effect in the monkey cell model, it has no effect on the protease in human lung cells. "Here, it was shown that chloroquine does not prevent the virus from entering the cells," said Pöhlmann.

www.dw.com...
edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Chloroquine does not help against the coronavirus

Thanks for the link Phage.

So what do have so far?

Opinions from a minority of doctors in the medical community, many of which have yet to substantiate their claims and findings (still waiting for alien demon seed doctor to show us her data from those 300 plus patients they tested), the one observational, waybackmachine, study that used HCQ in conjunction with a known, medically viable, steroid, that garnered mixed test results (The Henry Ford Study) and what else? Resident internet scientists. Yes.

I'll stick with the former Bob.

2005 chloroquine study had nothing to do with COVID-19 and the drug wasn’t given to humans

Politifact.

edit on 1-8-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

As soon as I saw Phage's post, I knew you would be in here crowing about your "victory."

Well, surprise... for once I am at my big machine and I can try to introduce some actual science:

Let's start with the antiviral properties of zinc. Here's a study published by the National Institute of Health (NIH) on April 22, 2019, before the present hysteria, written by Scott A. Read, Stephanie Obeid, Chantelle Ahlenstiel, and Golo Ahlenstiel.

Scott A. Read and Golo Ahlenstiel's credentials: Blacktown Medical School, Western Sydney University, Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia and Storr Liver Centre, The Westmead Institute for Medical Research, The University of Sydney and Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia.

Stephanie Obeid and Chantelle Ahlenstiel's credentials: The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

An abundance of evidence has accumulated over the past 50 y to demonstrate the antiviral activity of zinc against a variety of viruses, and via numerous mechanisms. The therapeutic use of zinc for viral infections such as herpes simplex virus and the common cold has stemmed from these findings; however, there remains much to be learned regarding the antiviral mechanisms and clinical benefit of zinc supplementation as a preventative and therapeutic treatment for viral infections.

Scientific enough for you? Try reading the paper... if the big words bother you, just ask for help.

Here's another one, again from the NIH, published October 1, 2014 by Jing Xue, Amanda Moyer, Bing Peng, Jinchang Wu, Bethany N. Hannafon, and Wei-Qun Ding.

Jing Xue's credentials: Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America, and Department of Radio-Oncology, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Suzhou Hospital, Suzhou, China.

Amanda Mover, Bethany N. Hannafon, and Wei-Qun Ding's credentials: Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America.

Bing Peng's credentials: Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America, and Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, China.

Jinchang Wu's credentials: Department of Radio-Oncology, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Suzhou Hospital, Suzhou, China.

The present study investigated the interaction of zinc ions with chloroquine in a human ovarian cancer cell line (A2780). Chloroquine enhanced zinc uptake by A2780 cells in a concentration-dependent manner, as assayed using a fluorescent zinc probe. This enhancement was attenuated by TPEN, a high affinity metal-binding compound, indicating the specificity of the zinc uptake. Furthermore, addition of copper or iron ions had no effect on chloroquine-induced zinc uptake.

Again, read the paper and ask if there's something there that confuses you.

The obvious result of these two studies, both published and peer-reviewed, is that chloroquine enhances zinc uptake into cells. Zinc is a proven anti-viral agent that has been successfully used in treating corona viruses (aka colds). The purpose of using hydroxychloroquine is to increase the uptake of zinc to strengthen the natural immunity of the body against viral agents. Hydrochloroquine is not being recommended as a treatment by anyone (that I am aware of) in any other fashion to fight against any viral agents, especially SARS-2 (aka Covid-19, aka the WuFlu, aka the Kung Flu, aka the Chinese virus).

Do you get that yet? Hydroxychloroquine alone is not a treatment for SARS-2. It is a general antiviral that works in conjunction with zinc. Every treatment that is being reported as successful by front line doctors uses zinc along with the hydroxychloroquine. Every. Single. One.

Can your brain wrap around that fact?

The study Phage linked was testing whether chloroquine alone would prevent the entry of SARS-2 virii into human lung cells. It will not. It never did. It was never supposed to. It was never claimed to. It was never intended to. It allows the cells to increase their uptake of zinc, which then, in turn, boosts the natural immunity of the cells to viral infection.

Read that last paragraph again... and again... and again until you manage to achieve some level of comprehension!

Ohio has already banned hydroxychloroquine as a treatment. That means more people in Ohio are going to die. It is unfathomable to me to believe that there is no one who cannot benefit from the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin/zinc treatments after all the testimonials from medical doctors... well, they're just out of luck, aren't they? Sucks to be them, I guess. But at least you and the pharmaceuticals trying to make a small fortune off this virus are "winning."

You would let people die rather than admit you might possibly be wrong. What kind of monster are you?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Again, read the paper

Why on earth would I attempt to interpret that Redneck? I'll rely on the intepretations of qualified people, bodies, willing to put their credentials and faces on the line. I thought I made that clear.

You're not in the position, and rightfully so.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Why on earth would I attempt to interpret that Redneck?

You probably wouldn't. You don't care about truth. All you care about is being right.

Well, hot shot... even if you win a debate, you're still wrong on this. Dead wrong. Just not as dead wrong as the people you have helped murder.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

They are reporting the truth for each component study - BUT - You're not connecting the dots.

hydroxychloroquine on its own doesn't work against covid-19 and immune system reactions
azithromycin on its own doesn't work against covid-19 and immune system reactions but helps fight bacterial infection
zinc on its own doesn't work well against covid-19 and immune system reactions

You are clapping each test on the individual components - Just like
steel doesn't make a fast car
Gasoline doesn't make a fast car
Rubber doesn't make a fast car

But combine in the right way it will all work extremely well.

Where in the last 5 months are those tests - Well Redneck gave you the studies, gave you the doctors papers and you still doubt everything,

Well fingers crossed you only get a mild reaction when you get it. ( we are all going to get it eventually ).

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

They are reporting the truth for each component study - BUT - You're not connecting the dots.

hydroxychloroquine on its own doesn't work against covid-19 and immune system reactions
azithromycin on its own doesn't work against covid-19 and immune system reactions but helps fight bacterial infection
zinc on its own doesn't work well against covid-19 and immune system reactions

What conclusive study is there to demonstrate that Zinc alongside HCQ is an effective treatment against Covid19?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What conclusive study is there to demonstrate that Zinc alongside HCQ is an effective treatment against Covid19?

What conclusive study is there to demonstrate that Zinc alongside HCQ is not an effective treatment against Covid19?

None.

Even if there was, you just admitted above that you wouldn't read it. You depend on others to make up your mind for you, by direct admission, and only listen to those that say what you want to hear, evidenced by your own posts in 15 pages of dialogue.

That is anti-scientific, by definition. You are not just biased; you are determined to show the result you want regardless of evidence.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A broken clock is right twice a day Redneck LOL i asked another poster on ATS to show me the studies that prove that the Hydroxy/zinc/azithromycin protocol (given at first instance of symptoms, outside hospital) does not help, He couldnt but just trolled me with condescending remarks, soon as he started that i knew he was a bull#ting, and stopped replying to him a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: themove1904

The thing that gets to me about this issue is that we have no approved treatments of any kind for SARS-2. Without experimental treatments, doctors can only make the patient comfortable while they die. I find that unacceptable; we have some excellent front line doctors who can think on their feet.

The issue is getting more serious when one realizes that Ohio just outlawed the use of hydroxychloroquine for SARS-2. Outlawed. As in, the pharmacy can not fill the prescription; the hospital can not allow the treatment, by law. There will likely be a lot of patients die in Ohio now simply because they are not allowed to get a drug which may save their life. The issue is not one of stopping doctors form prescribing a dangerous drug; hydroxychloroquine has been in use safely for 45 years! The issue boils down to certain people wanting patients to die to make a political statement, and the more people who promote this false narrative of hydroxychloroquine being harmful taken as intended, the easier it becomes to advance these evil agendas.

There is a special wing of Hell reserved for people who would do that, and it is situated below the lowest level. In a pit. A very dark, very hot, very painful pit.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
With you on that Redneck,Even the deep depths of the bowels of hell is too good for those kind a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Some info on Ohio here Red. Not easy to
find with today's news media.

I agree with the statement from Dr. Steven Hahn, Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, that the decision about prescribing hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 should be between a doctor and a patient,” DeWine said in a statement. “Therefore, I am asking the Ohio Board of Pharmacy to halt their new rule prohibiting the selling or dispensing of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.”

That's governor Dewine (R) So OP has done very well at writing up a loser thread.
edit on 2-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What conclusive study is there to demonstrate that Zinc alongside HCQ is not an effective treatment against Covid19?

Proving Non-Existence

Explanation: Once again we are dealing with confusion of probability and possibility. The inability to, “prove”, in any sense of the word, that the ghost of Elvis is not visiting Sheila in her dreams is an impossible request because there is no test that proves the existence and presence of a ghost, so no way to prove the negative or the non-existence. It is up to Sheila to provide proof of this claim, or at least acknowledge that actually being visited by Elvis’ ghost is just a possibility, no matter how slim that possibility is.

The ball is still very much in your court.

It's very telling how the game is played by posters here. Nothing showing that HCQ is a proper treatment to COVID19, insist there was missing ingredient that was conveniently left out before. Asked if there's any demonstration of that effectiveness, lean right back to making fallacious excuses.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I've heard that the oil of snakes can be an effective treatment for anything and everything that ails you.

It's also not poisonous. No risks involved at all. So what's the problem? It might save lives.

BTW, here's what the emergency rule actually said:

Prescriptions for either presumptive positive patients or prophylactic use of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine related to COVID-19 is strictly prohibited unless otherwise approved by the board's executive director in consultation with the board president,at which time a resolution shall issue.

Bureaucratic bull#, indeed.

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The ball is still very much in your court.

Really? You have spent 15 pages trying to prove that hydroxychloroquine alone in terminal patients does nothing (which most people, including me, strongly suspected). Why can't you do the same with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc in combination taken at the onset of symptoms?

Simple answer, really... any clinical trial that tested that treatment would show positive results and we can't have that, can we?

It's very telling how the game is played by posters here. Nothing showing that HCQ is a proper treatment to COVID19, insist there was missing ingredient that was conveniently left out before. Asked if there's any demonstration of that effectiveness, lean right back to making fallacious excuses.

Yes, it is very telling. You just in the last page admitted you ignore reports and instead rely on talking heads, refused to acknowledge two research papers that I provided, along with the resume of the participants, and now you claim it is impossible to show what you have been trying to show all along.

Yes, it is certainly very telling. Those reports I posted are still there. They're not going away (unlike one of your links, which now has the word "REDACTED" stamped across it in big red letters).

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Hydroxychloroquine Still Doesn’t Do Anything other than Cure People of Covid-19 .

Amended for False Content *
edit on 2-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It's very effective for the treatment of Lupus. Lots of people depend upon it for that.

No actual evidence that it cures COVID-19 though.

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've heard that the oil of snakes can be an effective treatment for anything and everything that ails you.

It's also not poisonous. No risks involved at all. So what's the problem? It might save lives.

Feel free to try it then. I certainly will not stop you. Mention it to your doctor and if he/she agrees, go for it!

That's different than what we're discussing here. If I were to demand that you could not use oil of snakes and actually support making it illegal for you to try even if you did so under a doctor's willing care, then you might have a similar situation.

Bureaucratic bull#, indeed.

Yes, it is. If clinical trials are conducted that actually attempt to discover the truth behind the treatments being used, without attempting to skew the results, that I will listen to them. What we have so far does not fall into that category.

In Ohio, as you posted, special permission must be given from a bureaucratic body to begin any treatment which uses hydroxychloroquine. Considering that the treatments must be started shortly after the onset of symptoms to be effective, and considering that I doubt either of us have ever seen any bureaucratic body get in a hurry to give special authorization, that effectively renders the treatment impossible to legally administer... or to conduct additional clinical trials with.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

In Ohio, as you posted, special permission must be given from a bureaucratic body to begin any treatment which uses hydroxychloroquine.

No. The order was withdrawn.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Why can't you do the same with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc in combination taken at the onset of symptoms?

As stated, the ball is verymuch still in your court. If you're to insist HCQ alongside zinc etc. would be an effective combination against COVID19, bring up the evidence. I can't prove your claim for you. That's not how debates and discussions work Redneck.

The onus is on you, and to date, you've got nothing to show for it, barring your supposed qualifiations in this area granted by the internet Gods themselves.

Yes, it is very telling. You just in the last page admitted you ignore reports and instead rely on talking heads,

Talking heads right? Like the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases? Like the National Institutes of Health? Like the journal Annals of Internal Medicine? Instead, I should listen to self proclaimed internet scientists like yourself? Or partisan front groups like the AAPS? And why? Because you need your alternative facts. So much so, you're carrying on 10 pages from where you insisted this debate wasn't worth your time or interest?

Who's the one insecure of the facts here? hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join