It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydroxychloroquine Still Doesn’t Do Anything, New Data Shows

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh, you want to have some fun? Go back through the last few pages. I actually tried to explain what a "parameter" is and why it would invalidate a test, and all Southern Guardian could understand was that I didn't think he could build a telescope!

I mean, really... you cannot make this kind of stuff up!

TheRedneck

Its the MO, the circular argument ORANGEMANBAD people have become adept at this.......ive read through the pages.......its pretty much this.....

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: TheRedneck

OP and hopenotfeariswhatweneed say no proof.........hmmmm

G uess they dont care about this

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

.......I could do this all night .......

Same person

Failed in both of his threads to provide any evidence to support his op whatsoever

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

AAPS is not actually a side topic. Their claims are very much on topic.

They are a very small club who, as a group, has espoused a bunch of nonsense.

The association has promoted a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism.

They may be physicians, but they ain't scientists.

edit on 7/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure, it was also a failed experiment.

So you admit an experiment can fail, the theory behind the experiment can e proven false, but it is still scientific?

Is that your position?

TheRedneck

Science isn't static, as new information becomes available the understanding of what's being investigated changes.

Except for climate science, right?

The science is in on that.

Climate science is tool of politics.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

So I ask again, in hopes of a "yes" or "no" answer: Is it your position that an experiment can fail, the theory behind the experiment can be proven false, but it is still scientific?

Ok then yes sure it can.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

Can you explain to me then why doctors all around the world aren't collectively cheering that this virus is no longer a threat because of HCQ ?
edit on 25-7-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

Can you explain to me then why doctors all around the world aren't collectively cheering that this virus is no longer a threat because of HCQ ?

1. Probably because your selective reception of info thats out there.....
2. because the media doesnt report it

Weird

Cough......

Yawn

Again i could keep doing this all day........but we both know you and the OP only want your echo chamber.....talking heads for what your spoonfed without the slightest urge to actually do any research......your hate for the President, takes precedence......over reality

Yall would rather people be sick and possibly die, over the president to have been even partially right over a treatment that could save lives......and thats freaking reprehensible.......
edit on 7/25/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

AAPS is not actually a side topic. Their claims are very much on topic.

My question did not concern AAPS. I asked how you defined "science" since you used it in your answer to me. You replied:

To the point; randomized, blinded, and controlled studies.

I then asked

So science is limited then to what is repeatable under controlled conditions?
and you took offense at that answer, claiming I was putting words in your mouth. So I asked

How can one have randomized, blinded, and controlled studies when the subject of the studies is not repeatable?

All I am asking for is a definition of the word "science." Is that so hard to answer? if it is, then your response to me contains words which are undefined and thus is moot.

What is your definition of "science"?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Your first source is rather dated.

Your second doesn't seem to say what you think it does. Unless you think Bolsonaro is a scientist.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your first source is rather dated.

Your second doesn't seem to say what you think it does. Unless you think Bolsonaro is a scientist.

Dated or not it worked.......

Bolsonaro is not a scientist but the accusation was that no leaders are praising it.........he sings its praises for being the main part of his recovery......

I know your MO Phage, ive been here way too long.......youd argue with a brick wall for something to do ......ive posted some sources and there are many many many more.......choose to remain ignorant or not........

Wouldnt be very scientific of you to ignore proven cases tho, would it?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ok then yes sure it can.

Thank you! I totally agree with you!

Now, can we agree on one more point: the Michelson-Morley Experiment was actually not a failure! The experiment successfully disproved the theory it was designed to test, that being that space was composed of an "aether" which did not interact with matter. The theory was proven wrong, but the experiment that proved it wrong did exactly what it was designed to do.

Can we agree on that?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

My question did not concern AAPS. I asked how you defined "science" since you used it in your answer to me. You replied:
Yes. "To the point", which is the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine.

What is your definition of "science"?
A search for understanding. In this case randomized, blinded and controlled experiments can provide an understanding of the efficacy of a treatment. Does it do anything at all in comparison to doing nothing.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

PS.........Peer reviewed study even......

Ruh Roh Raggy
edit on 7/25/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

A retrospective, non-randomized, uncontrolled study.

Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said.

www.henryford.com...

Sounds good to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

Weird

Cough......

Yawn

Again i could keep doing this all day........but we both know you and the OP only want your echo chamber.....talking heads for what your spoonfed without the slightest urge to actually do any research......your hate for the President, takes precedence......over reality

Yall would rather people be sick and possibly die, over the president to have been even partially right over a treatment that could save lives......and thats freaking reprehensible.......

You are living in la la land.

This has nothing to do with trump, can you answer the question or not?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

Weird

Cough......

Yawn

You are living in la la land.

This has nothing to do with trump, can you answer the question or not?

I did , multiple times......

My sincerest apologies if your reading comprehension has put you at a disadvantage to comprehend the many links and information I have provided you........

Alas, thats a you thing and not a me thing.......

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A retrospective, non-randomized, uncontrolled study.

Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said.

www.henryford.com...

Sounds good to me.

Oh I agree, in hospital settings.......as it should be.....i dont recall any argument to the contrary

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

A search for understanding. In this case randomized, blinded and controlled experiments can provide an understanding of the efficacy of a treatment. Does it do anything at all in comparison to doing nothing.

I can agree with that, with the one exception that I would add the word "ongoing." I don;t think that is vital in this discussion however.

Now, another simple (or should be simple) question: how do we achieve understanding in science?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It's only a failed experiment because no aether was found, but yes it did successfully achieve it's goal, well unless aether is there and we simply haven't figured out how to see it yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I would include "under a physician's care" rather than "in a hospital setting." Many operations are now carried out in a doctor's office instead of a hospital. I see no reason medical treatment for non-life-threatening conditions, at least for those which are not life-threatening yet, cannot be included.

I do NOT recommend taking ANY medication either without a physician's knowledge and approval or in dosages not specified by a physician.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join