It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydroxychloroquine Still Doesn’t Do Anything, New Data Shows

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You said:

To the point; randomized, blinded, and controlled studies.

How can one have randomized, blinded, and controlled studies when the subject of the studies is not repeatable?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How can one have randomized, blinded, and controlled studies when the subject of the studies is not repeatable?
You are saying that the subject of the studies is not repeatable? That the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine cannot be determined? I did not say that.

To the point;

The point being the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine. Not theoretically efficacy, actual efficacy. Such randomized, blinded, and controlled studies can be repeated and can be carried out effectively. There are more than a few such studies underway.

edit on 7/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Glad you find it amusing

Oh, I do! I do!

It's not every day that someone actually comes out and complains about scientists not being scientific. Sounds like an oxymoron to me... like "military intelligence" or "dehydrated water."

TheRedneck

Scientists that believe this rubbish...

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a conservative non-profit association founded in 1944. The group was reported to have about 5,000 members in 2014. The association has promoted a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism. It is opposed to the Affordable Care Act and other forms of universal health insurance.

Yeah right...

These so called scientists are why America doesn't have universal healthcare, these people clearly do not have your health in their best interests.
edit on 24-7-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You said:

To the point; randomized, blinded, and controlled studies.

TheRedneck

Well we can infect a few 1000 all the same age etc and then test and see who dies in each group...repeat it a number of times all Nazi like...

It seems these hospitals that are consistently using it as a initial treatment are seeing a continuous improvement over those who are not getting it. I think France was first with this finding...

It isn't about curing it is about lessening the severity and so reducing hospital time and keeping people off ventilators. They are also using low dosages.

They have also found if they put the most severe Coronavirus patients on their stomachs that is keeping them off the ventilators in many cases.

SO whatever they are doing is reducing the death rates by 75%...I guess we should just stop it all until...you know until that scientific study says it works.

edit on 24-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think France was first with this finding...

No finding. Guess.
Perhaps you should read the actual study in question.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You are saying that the subject of the studies is not repeatable?

No. I said

I did not mention hydroxychloroquine. Are you afraid to answer the question?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Was the Michelson-Morley Experiment not science?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

if the American Association of Surgeons and Physicians is a "partisan source"

Yep.

Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.” Over the years, the group seems to have coalesced around an ethos of radical self-determination and a belief that mainstream science isn’t always trustworthy. It’s the most curious of medical organizations: a doctors’ interest group that seems more invested in the interests of doctors, rather than public health.

Source

As for your sources from the odd local doctor on local news and speculative observations on a direction of a study, well I wouldn't grant those over conclusive studies and assessments by global medical groups and individuals.

Exactly. It is up to the patient and doctor to determine the best course of treatment for the patient...

Nobody is forcefully stopping anybody from taking hydroxi. That was never the position of the OP, and I've made it clear. I am calling on those who continue to trot this off as some effective treatment. It simply isn't. It's been demonstrated a number of times.

Have at it. Take hydroxi. It's your body. It's their body. I believe in your choice. Just because I stand by your rights does not mean I won't call out falsehoods spread about COVID19 and the treatments out there. It's simple enough to understand Redneck.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Was the Michelson-Morley Experiment not science?

TheRedneck

Sure, it was also a failed experiment.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

So you admit an experiment can fail, the theory behind the experiment can e proven false, but it is still scientific?

Is that your position?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

So you admit an experiment can fail, the theory behind the experiment can e proven false, but it is still scientific?

Is that your position?

TheRedneck

Science isn't static, as new information becomes available the understanding of what's being investigated changes.

Much like medical science works, as we learn more about covid as an example, how we treat it changes accordingly.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Nobody is forcefully stopping anybody from taking hydroxi. That was never the position of the OP, and I've made it clear. I am calling on those who continue to trot this off as some effective treatment. It simply isn't. It's been demonstrated a number of times.

Have at it. Take hydroxi. It's your body. It's their body. I believe in your choice. Just because I stand by your rights does not mean I won't call out falsehoods spread about COVID19 and the treatments out there. It's simple enough to understand Redneck.

Nobody is forcing you to take it.

Studies are ongoing. How often does the medical community wrap up the study of something in a couple months? Should they stop now because you've seen enough to be convinced?

No matter who is or isn't pushing it the work is being done by the medical community. The decision for it to be used is for a patient, their family, and their doctor to decide.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

As for your sources from the odd local doctor on local news and speculative observations on a direction of a study, well I wouldn't grant those over conclusive studies and assessments by global medical groups and individuals.

Dude... I can barely respond to you any more. After your last statement... you cannot even understand what a parameter is. Please, just quit using the word "conclusive" until you understand something about it. You have shown absolutely nothing conclusive that matters in the context of the treatments we are discussing. The conclusion is that something else entirely doesn't work.

Actually, there are people trying to forcefully stop hydroxychloroquine use for experimental treatment. A few states have outlawed it. I call that forceful.

And no, the treatment associated with hydroxychloroquine has not even been studied in the tests you keep railing about. They studied something completely different. Their study shows that if one takes hydroxychloroquine, and only hydroxychloroquine, when they are already days or hours from dying, they will likely die anyway.

I will accept that. But it does not show anything one way or another about treatment plans using hydroxychloroquine as one of an assortment of drugs and supplements given during the early stages of the disease. The only reports we have there are from actual physicians treating actual patients, and they are all reporting successful results.

Damn... I did it again. I once again assumed that you had the barest inkling of what a parameter of a study was. Forgive me. Sometimes I expect too much from people.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Is that your position?

TheRedneck

Science isn't static, as new information becomes available the understanding of what's being investigated changes.

Except for climate science, right?

The science is in on that.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

That's a right purty answer, and I do not disagree. I was hoping for something long the lines of a "yes" or "no" though. No one seems willing to take a stand when I ask them about science in general.

So I ask again, in hopes of a "yes" or "no" answer: Is it your position that an experiment can fail, the theory behind the experiment can be proven false, but it is still scientific?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

When the fact is, countries all over the world, and even Texas and Florida, are using Hydorxy WITH zinc, with almost 100 percent recovery rate......but nahhhh that doesnt matter.......and they dont want to acknowledge those

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh, you want to have some fun? Go back through the last few pages. I actually tried to explain what a "parameter" is and why it would invalidate a test, and all Southern Guardian could understand was that I didn't think he could build a telescope!

I mean, really... you cannot make this kind of stuff up!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I did not mention hydroxychloroquine.

What's this thread about?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

OP and hopenotfeariswhatweneed say no proof.........hmmmm

G uess they dont care about this

Or this

O r this

MMhmmmm

Weird

.......I could do this all night .......

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Is it not possible to ask a question about a side topic that has been brought up?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join