It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin shortage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The answer to this is a debit-style card loaded with crypto-assets.

I use crypto for a lot of stuff and I have to tell you I have access to markets that are otherwise closed due to the profligate use of USD.

I'm trying to become cashless myself but not at the behest of the banks. I am the bank.

edit on 7 16 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just went out for dinner. Threw the CC out and the waitress said cash only?? No warning??? I had $5 for a $50 bill said see ya later. A woman walking out put $15 and change on the table and gave me the look of a real bad and long review coming up. People were walking out without paying so we did too.

????

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Just went out for dinner. Threw the CC out and the waitress said cash only?? No warning??? I had $5 for a $50 bill said see ya later. A woman walking out put $15 and change on the table and gave me the look of a real bad and long review coming up. People were walking out without paying so we did too.

????

Really? That’s when you go to the nearest ATM. Then write your bad review.

But no, You didn’t pay, now you’re going to write a long bad review? THIS, is what’s wrong with this world!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Most small businesses here went cash only when the lockdowns started.
That extra 3% off the top matters.

I'm certain there's a notice, though. Local pizza place tells you twice when you call in, and has a poster on the front door- two out of the three times I've gone this year, the person in front of me missed that memo.
No pizza for them. Same cost for the pizza place to chuck it than to give charity to idiots... And now they won't come back without real money.

I use my cc plenty, they give me 2% back, but likely charge the seller 3-5.

Cash is king for a reason.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh right, the point I intended to make!

Yeah, cash is going to get tight when you put a ton of strain on the economy.
When was the last time you went to the ATM and asked for 5 grand to buy a trailer, truck, or piece of equipment?
Jokes on you, $500 a day max.
How often does that have to happen to a business that buys and sells a lot of equipment before they stop using the bank to store cash?
Exactly once. I wouldn't be surprised if a million Americans found out this summer that they wish they had ten grand in cash in a safety deposit box just to keep working per usual.
That even caught me off guard- and I usually do just that... But I had spent it on something and didn't make a point of quickly filling my stash again... Next thing you know the banks are closed.

I hit the ATM again this week for my maximum daily $500, just to keep on hand. I'll probably go again next week.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately most people don't understand crypto or take the time to properly research it. If they did, they'd see a different world. It's not that hard to figure out if you just apply yourself. Adoption will be the key. It's been slow going, but maybe people will now start to look into it more. Most important part, make sure you have the Private Keys and don't leave on an exchange, unless you're trading.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Two days ago I pulled a $20 out of an ATM. It was crisp. Looked brand new and smelled brand new. I felt like indulging in a little sugary drink, so I bought a soda. I then told the attendant that I wanted $10 of gas. When she gave me my change she broke open a few different coin rolls. They were all 2020 newly minted coins.

Unfortunately, none of the quarters were bat quarters. I really want one.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Where is a trusted place to learn about and buy crypto?

I have always been too worried about getting ripped off.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Just saw a video of someone that bought a storage unit and found a 5 gallon water bottle full of coins. They went to one of those machines that exchanges the coins for you. The count was over $2k. Imagine how many people have 5 gallon jugs full of coins.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Rumor has it that Walmart will only be accepting cash at a few select registers in every store here soon. I haven't seen it posted by any sources other than small, local stations so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, look up "shinplasters". This isn't the first time this has happened. I didnt know what they were until my grandfather died, and we cracked into his office safe. It was filled with rare coins, Nazi money from his time served in Germany, and shinplasters.

Those won't happen this time. An all electronic society is probably happening in our very near future.
edit on 16-7-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Today, my local grocery store paid me $0.84 cents in change in 8 dimes and 4 pennies, said she didn't have any quarters. I had just read this thread, first time I ran across it in my area of NE Ohio.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

All major stores will no longer handle coins period. Kroger, Walmart, H. Dep...many others
edit on 16-7-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Where is a trusted place to learn about and buy crypto?

I have always been too worried about getting ripped off.

There's an acronym in the crypto world - DYOR. Do Your Own Research. Why? There are plenty of snake oilman and scam artists among the good people. If I was to point you to one website to get your feet wet, I'd say go check bitcointalk. Don't ever discuss your holdings to people. Would you tell anyone you have half a mill in your bank account? No, so same applies to crypto. Keep it private. Only discuss with people you trust. Just like you would any other finances. I'd be glad to discuss more in a PM, and I can't speak for him, but I think projectvxn would too.

You also have the option to mine, but these days it's not really worthwhile. Not to say you can't.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Could it be our coins are tainted? Maybe the banks have been directed to remove all used coinage.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah, a cashless society and only C Cards accepted. What will we use when the grid goes down, beads and mirrors?

Bitcoin only being cyber money has me question it's viability due to grid failure or super ejeet squads.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Could it be our coins are tainted? Maybe the banks have been directed to remove all used coinage.

I believe that the world governments have been given a big wake up call from crypto. It's decentralized and since Bitcoing started in 2008, many others have taken off, growth has been exponential. Facebook''s Libra really got them shaken up, so they squashed that quick and hard. I would never touch Libra, being part of Facebook.

They're afraid to lose control. So they're all pretty much talking about an electronic currency now, i.e. their own version of "crypto" (more correctly explained would be blockchain) so they can keep control and advance their cashless society. Government electronic currency will most certainly NOT be decentralized. In fact, it would be the worst possible thing to happen to us, because every transaction you make... and I mean EVERY, will be traceable to you! No thanks, I'll rather take cash, silver and gold coins.

Covid-19 has plaid nicely into their hands.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Yeah, a cashless society and only C Cards accepted. What will we use when the grid goes down, beads and mirrors?

Bitcoin only being cyber money has me question it's viability due to grid failure or super ejeet squads.

VISA's network went down a few years ago and nobody could buy anything in the grocery store I was in with their VISA card. So they were being turned away, if they had no cash. Carts full of stuff.

Cryptos like BTC, ETH and most others work off nodes, etc. Hell, I could sync the entire ETH blockchain on my pc a few years ago. Unless the entire internet goes down, crypto will survive and still operate

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

There are plenty of snake oilman and scam artists among the good people.

That's what has stoped me from buying any.

because every transaction you make... and I mean EVERY, will be traceable to you!

It pretty much is now for most people. I think the politicians use cash too much for shady deals, to ever outlaw cash.

Thanks for the crypto advice.

edit on 16-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Is it true that bitcoin traders are just opening themselves up for a targeted IRS audit? That's something I really don't need.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is another NWO election year scare tactic 😎🚬

To what end? To say Orange Man has lost control of the ___________?

Did you take Joe Biden up on the guaranteed100% return for a Bit-Coin investment yesterday? It was all over Twitter.
edit on 7/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join