It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin shortage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have been saving all my pocket change for 15 years. I just threw it all in a large container in my studio.

But I just cashed it all in...after hearing that there's a coin shortage.

I have been reading other conspiracy sites that warn of a coming cashless society and now some grocery stores only take credit cards.

Constant surveillance, and a record of all purchases. Perhaps the NWO is starting Operation baby steps, eh?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just left the gas station with a Sign by the cash register saying due to a Federal Reserve coin shortage, only exact change will be accepted.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There is a coin shortage because I'm hoarding them all.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'll sell them back my coins.....for MONEY!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They don't do baby steps.
Change is just a joke, nobody wants to use metal money in an age where two stamps cost more than a dollar, but nobody is willing to give up a part of a dollar over it.

Meanwhile the cashless society sent out special debit cards in place of digital checks for that last stimulus payment for anyone unwilling to sign over their bank account information to the IRS.
Then they set maximum daily withdrawal limit on the cards, and charged fees for every withdrawal.
They'll get rid of cash soon enough.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

They’ve had signs throughout my town for about a month. Gas stations have printed signs at the pumps “we will take all your change. The banks are short on coins”.

Here’s some bad news as others have said. Just came back from a brewery in town. ONLY cards, WTF! Are they stupid? I own a company. Card processors charge around 3% on average or more. Why would you do this to yourself?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Fiat change isnt worth keeping around. I have a change tray that goes to coinstar just as soon as it fills.

Now, Old gold and silver coins and rounds are another story. Ive been collecting them since I was 8

I just got a beautiful MS64 St. Gaudens $20 gold piece, and a couple more rolls of Merc dimes a couple weeks ago

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just left the gas station with a Sign by the cash register saying due to a Federal Reserve coin shortage, only exact change will be accepted.

Banks charge a service charge to process your coins 5% to 10%. Credit Unions don't charge to use their machines.

I like credit Unions. I bought a new Pick up in Texas when my old one broke. All it took was one phone call and I drove away after signing a few documents.
edit on 16-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Really, a coin shortage.

Where did they all go, I don't believe people are hording coins. Gold and silver I get.

What BS are they up to now?

Time to change the currency? I hope it's to gold and silver coins.

More likely, NWO currency.

ETA- This is what the Morning Call claims to be the reason.

In a nutshell, the pandemic slashed the normal flow of coins in circulation through stores and businesses, U.S. Mint spokesperson Michael White said.

“During this pandemic, the demand for circulating coins has drastically increased, in part, because precautions taken throughout the nation to slow the spread of the virus have reduced retail sales activity and significantly decreased deposits from third-party coin processors,” White said.

Throughout this pandemic, fewer customers have been using cash to shop, to avoid hand-to-hand contact with store staff, as well as just generally shopping less in brick-and-mortar businesses. That puts fewer coins into circulation, contributing to the shortage.

Why is there a coin shortage? We explain

edit on 16-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: words

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sorry, just did some research and this deserves a thread of its own.
edit on 16-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you had some really collectable coins with considerable value mixed. That kind of mistake happens a lot.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There was a sign like that on the entrance door at Lowes in SC. At the registers, they had these:

Haven't seen this in my part of GA.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There is NO Coin Shortage . More FAKE News .

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is another NWO election year scare tactic 😎🚬

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I have been saving all my pocket change for 15 years. I just threw it all in a large container in my studio.

Been doing the same for 20+ years, plus I have all my dad's coins he collected from when he was younger.

Had a boss once also had collected tons of coins.

Now my grandmother, she has a bunch of silver quarters.

I have been reading other conspiracy sites that warn of a coming cashless society and now some grocery stores only take credit cards.

How many people actually pay with cash these days?

That some stores *won't* take cash bothers me, because it's legal tender (and there was a local Municipal court that would take cash here for a while).

Then again, it costs more to make most coins than they are worth.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I'm pretty sure you had some really collectable coins with considerable value mixed. That kind of mistake happens a lot.

Yes, probably...

Why would covid19 cause a coin shortage?

www.coinworld.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes, probably...

Why would covid19 cause a coin shortage?

www.coinworld.com...

I don't know...., maybe someone is making bullets for civil war coming.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I’ve been noticing this around the Oklahoma town where i’m staying currently, for a few weeks. My brother is a trucker and he has been seeing them various places up and down the I-95 corridor for about a month.

The signs i’ve seen have said “Use exact change or you must pay with a card.”

A truck stop owner who had one of these sign up told my brother that banks won’t fill their change orders.

This seems so implausible to me. There’s a coin shortage, because people were out shopping less during the lockdowns? How many people really shopped with cash before this “coin shortage” anyway?

Something is not right.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Mints closed due to virus shutdowns ....
And there was the Great American Coin Hunt 2019 ....

edit on 7162020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Mints closed due to virus shutdowns ....
And there was the Great American Coin Hunt 2019 ....

For what? Most of the minting is automated. And the truckers can social distance to deliver it.

Not buying it.
edit on 16-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join