It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Orbiter Reveals Closet Ever Views of the Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The European Space Agency have released the first images of the Sun as seen by the Solar Orbiter satellite , launched in February the Solar Orbiter is making its observations from about the distance Mercury is from the Sun.

Campfires on the Sun.

The close-up views by EUI show the upper atmosphere of the Sun, or corona, with a temperature of around 1 million degrees. With the power to see features in the solar corona of only 400 km across, these images reveal a multitude of small flaring loops, erupting bright spots and dark, moving fibrils. A ubiquitous feature of the solar surface, uncovered for the first time by these images, have been called ‘campfires’. They are omnipresent minuature eruptions that could be contributing to the high temperatures of the solar corona and the origin of the solar wind.
www.esa.int...

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Amazing...

What are those tiny dark spots that are moving? I thought it might have been something on the camera, but they stay stationary as the camera pans one way or the other... Is that the dark spot they're also calling a campfire?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Amazing...

What are those tiny dark spots that are moving? I thought it might have been something on the camera, but they stay stationary as the camera pans one way or the other... Is that the dark spot they're also calling a campfire?

Yes , I noticed that myself, one larger left of centre, another small right of centre.
They do go in and out of frame, while the actual picture is looped, which confuses the issue, still, the 'markings' don't seem to be a camera artifact. The larger 'spot' looks more like the schematic icon for your car's computer system showing an engine problem...

Still, (for Gorty) they do make nice closet pictures,
edit on 16-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Spectacular and then some.

It's almost hypnotic.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks amazingly like wind patterns.

Weird thing that looked like a tardigrade was a bit annoying to see there. Kept drawing my attention.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And what is this in the upper left hand corner of the Campfire video. About center frame in the crop below.

edit on 16-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

And what is this in the upper left hand corner of the Campfire video. About center frame in the crop below.

That's one Item we are talking about, it looks like an icon for something to me, while gspat mentioned a Tardigrade lookalike. Funny enough,Tardigrades have survived in space, mostly sent there in a dehydrated state.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Duh, after rereading I can see that, thanks.

The way it is vibrating is interesting to me. It reminds me of something, but not sure what.

edit on 16-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

In the 2nd video at the 23 second mark, watch just right of center and you will see a face begin to appear.

As a mater of fact, I see faces all over. They appear to be tormented souls burning in the fiery furnace.

edit on 16-7-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I can't comprehend the processes taking place. It would be nice to know the scale of what we're looking at though. I'm sure those "campfires" are larger than regular forest fires we have on Earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It would be nice to know the scale of what we're looking at though.

Good point ,here's a picture to give a sense of scale.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
AT 0:27 IN THE VIDEO THERE IS AN OWL'S HEAD ABOVE A SLEEPING PIXIE.
IS SPIELBERG INVOLVED SOMEHOW?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Just a guess mind you....

I think it is a defect on the lens. There is also a smaller black dot that appears just below it to the left.

As already mentioned, it is just a looped video. Someone is zoomed in & panning around a larger looping video. It shows up again later in the video when he/she/they pan over to that spot again.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
He Sun looks like it has screaming faces all over it,

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I see a guy with a really big smile with his mouth closed.

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Amazing...

they make these movies by zooming in on clips that repeat, hense the spots that stay in the same place.

the sun is a strange object with the power to trap light for 10000 years(from the core to the surface of the sun)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

the sun is a strange object with the power to trap light for 10000 years

Can you explain how the sun traps light please? And for 10k years? What does that even mean?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
everyone knows the sun is a solid yellow disk with orange spikes, sunglasses and a smile.

#fakenews

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

S&F, and to quote Rainier Wolfcastle "my eyes-the goggles do nothing!!!"

Good ol 'sol (that is the sun's name) is always amazing us. I remember seeing my first solar eclipse, i put on two pairs of sunglasses and looked up in awe.

The sun is like your partner; bright, beautiful, and always there for you, but then you get married and she turns into a white dwarf, cold and lifeless.

edit on 18-7-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

its because of how dense it is, it makes the photons bounce around and around and it can take 1000's of years to get to the surface.

i cant get the link to work but you can google it
edit on 18-7-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join