It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blyat, thats some gun torture!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just saw this on youtube, it's a guy shooting over 1000 rounds in quick succession out of an AK-103 without problems.
Seems pretty impressive, I heard some pretty nasty things can happen so the protection is not for show.

But I wanted to ask your opinions on this, since I don't have alot of hands on experience. I play some Escape from Tarkov, which is a great mil sim with very accurate gunplay and mechanics. But never fired a gun in real life.
It's 7.62 caliber, so I'm not sure you can compare it with 5.56. But I havent seen anyone try this on youtube with a M4 I think. Must be expensive in ammo aswell
Thoughts?

edit on 16-7-2020 by Jubei42 because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

There is a ton of these videos on youtube with just about any weapon you can think of.

Iraqveteran8888 has quite a bit of them.

edit on 16-7-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Thanks for the links, those videos are alot of fun to watch. I have to admit, after FPSrussia went down I only watched demolition range. Math is such a likeable guy

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Honest outlaw is also a great channel for gun reviews!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No gun torture videos at these two YT channels, but very informative videos about older weapons, how they work and their designs.
C&Rsenal (this video features Mae, firing 97 different weapons from WWI... it is an hour long, containing cuts from their other complete videos about each weapon)
Forgotten Weapons
edit on b000000312020-07-16T13:32:52-05:0001America/ChicagoThu, 16 Jul 2020 13:32:52 -0500100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can't be the the only one here triggered by the fact that he's holding the magazine instead of the forward handguard?

Impressive for small arms, either way,

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I do that all the time, it's more comfortable.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It goes against everything I was taught in the Army Cadets, lol

Horses for courses I guess,

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Unless you have a front pistol grip I find using the heat shield as a hand stabilizer is not as effective as using the magazine.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

My pet bear asked you not to swear in Russian anymore)))))

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was trained quite extensively in the military as far as tactical crap and firearms training goes. I've shot expert on anything I got my hands on while I was in, and I hold the magazine. I can't stand holding the handguard, heatshield, rail, whatever you wanna call it on some rifles.

With small rifles like ARs and (some)AKs I hold the magazine. When I need to reload I just let go, whip it out, and reload. Unless I needed to keep mags for whatever reason then my hand is already on it for whatever kind of reload I want to go with.

Bigger rifles I grip is further down.

Rifles with small mags, and actual forestocks I'll use it then.

I've argued with some people about proper handling of a rifle makes retention easier if someone tries to snatch it. But if you let someone snatch your rifle you're a grade A B.

In training I got into it with a SEAL who was training my class, because I said that very same thing. He said I'd be in trouble if someone grabbed my rifle. I told him that if anyone grabbed my rifle they better hope they shoot me first.

So, in an effort to "educate" me the guy and myself got in front of the class. The drill was set up so that I wouldn't know where he was as I was acting as the first man in a stack.

He came around the corner and succeeded in yanking my rifle out of my hand. He did this by pushing it into my chest hard, and then yanking it. Him pushing me back helped get me out of his reach, and me letting go as he yanked on the rifle put him just enough off balance as I pulled my sidearm out and shot him in several times. (Sim rounds)

The main point is hold it however is comfortable, and practice shooting it that way. Hell, I've used magazines as monopods before.

Even when an M4 had a foregrip, 45, or potato I'd move the thing as far back as I could.
edit on 1672020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

When I say hold it by the magazine I don't mean the whole magazine, but more like pointing one finger down the barrel, and the rest of the fingers on the magwell.
edit on 1672020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Saw "Blyat" in the title and opened this hoping to find a video from Life of Boris and something involving potatoes - but this was cool too.

top topics

join