It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Double Standard of Racism Outrage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So I was somewhat following this Nick Cannon story... no clue who TF the dude is, only was reading it because he seems to be blowing up across various news platforms. Read the article, still have no clue who TF he is or why/how he rose to some manner of fame, but I do find a wonderful example of the double standard on full display in both the comments that got his ass roasted and in the ensuing outrage over those words...

abcnews.go.com...

In the hour-plus episode of “Cannon's Class” released last month that prompted his firing, Cannon and Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin, formerly of the rap group Public Enemy, contended that Black people are the true Hebrews and Jews have usurped that identity.

Cannon then argued that lighter-skinned people — “Jewish people, white people, Europeans" — “are a little less" and have a “deficiency” that historically caused them to act out of fear and commit acts of violence to survive.

“They had to be savages,” he said.

OK, so homeboy slagged 3 ethnicities in his little comments... Jews, "white people," and Europeans. Seems like he may be called to task by all 3 distinct groups considering what he said he claimed to apply to all 3 of those groups, ya?

But no...

Jewish leaders condemn 'hurtful' words by Nick Cannon

The Anti-Defamation League and other Jewish leaders condemned what they called “hurtful words” and anti-Semitic theories expressed by Nick Cannon on Wednesday, a day after ViacomCBS severed ties with him for the remarks made on a podcast.

And after the TV host and producer wrote a lengthy Facebook post defending himself and criticizing his firing for what the company deemed “bigotry” and “anti-Semitism,” prominent members of the U.S. Jewish community said the post fell well short and demanded an apology.

Hey Rabbi, I don't blame you here. You have every right to call the prick out for his comments, I'm just wondering why it seems Cannon is getting a pass over saying the same goddamn thing about "white people" and "Europeans?" It's either racist or it isn't ya?

Meanwhile, this other individual who I have no freaking clue is Charlamagne the (imaginary) god is taking it a step further...

Charlamagne supported Cannon’s criticism of white people, saying that white people have a “history of mass racial violence in this country.”

However, he said that Cannon should have been careful to discuss his views about Jews with a Jewish scholar, who might have been able to correct any mistakes on the spot.

He also argued that each group is able to decide for itself what speech is offensive.

Now I do not disagree with his last line there (though the decision of the listener to take offense has zero dependence on the speaker and is, thus, ENTIRELY the listener's problem to personally deal with), but what I do disagree with is the idea that he proposed of needing to "consult a Jewish scholar" about any ideas he may have had for the purpose of "correcting mistakes" yet, again, apparently no such care is valued where "white people" or "Europeans" are concerned. Let me be the first to educate anyone who embraces the viewpoint of the above mentioned self identifying narcissist Charlamagne, in case your history knowledge is decidedly lacking, the greatest example of mass violence ever to occur on US soil was the US Civil War. A war which many, many left leaning individuals insist was a war about slavery. That knife cuts both ways, though. If the South was willing to kill to retain slaves, then the North was equally willing to kill to free them, which Lincoln did. Perhaps sitting down with a "white person" scholar (i.e. a history teacher) might help correct any mistakes either of these self aggrandizing individuals make on the spot.

Beyond all of that, however, consistency matters. I find it quite humorous that we see a dude called out by one group for a slag directed at several groups, each racially categorized by the speaker, and so a fawning apology and communal hiss is delivered specifically for the benefit of the lone group that complained while the other two groups are left to twist presumably because we don't have a "white people" antidefamation group or a European Antidefamation organization to step in and issue an official grievance?

Come TF on folks, this isn't rocket science. Either quit trying to pigeonhole people based on their race or STFU about it when others do it to your race. Seems extremely simple and easy to follow, so easy even someone whose personal opinion of themself is so grand they added "the god" to their name can follow it, does it not?
edit on 15-7-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You can't blame the Jewish person for only defending his group and not the others; its not his job. But you can blame "white people" and Europeans for not defending them selves.

Charlamagne supported Cannon’s criticism of white people, saying that white people have a “history of mass racial violence in this country.

Its interesting that he has to add the caveat to the argument; if the first dude is correct that white people, Jews and erourpeans have a deficiency that causes them to act violent more so than other groups than it should be evident in any country where or time in which white people, Jews, and Europeans live/lived.

These people seem to be trapped in a very small part of reality and they don't know it.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Oh I do not blame the Jewish folks for openly taking offense here. I agree with you, the rest of us should be just as pissed off, if for no other reason than turn about being fair play. We have got to reach a point where either any of this is acceptable and all of the selective outrage is no more, or where none of it is acceptable and so-called "reverse racism" is widely viewed as being just as ridiculous and abhorent as the current manipulated definition of racism is.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Funny you say that because if Europeans/ whites were to speak up about it they would surely be called unsympathetic, bigoted and lost in white privilege.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Whites are shamed into behaving as though any kind of white racial identity is a supremacist position. That extends to Europeans who are told similarly that their identity as white Europeans is myopic and xenophobic. Of course, just like a white African moving to America, indigenous Europeans find themselves in a surreal position of being a category that exists outside the whole narrative of current politics. Indigenous whites? White African Americans? What are those?

Whites can't be offended because their shared history is supposed to be shameful. If you're offended it's because you sympathize with the shameful actions of past generations.

I've concluded the only way to break even in the game is to stop playing because there's certainly no way to win.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
Funny you say that because if Europeans/ whites were to speak up about it they would surely be called unsympathetic, bigoted and lost in white privilege.

I'm sure that they would; but they do not have to accept that either.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Is there such a thing as a white racial identity? There's plenty of cultural identity from different countries. France, Germany, Spain, Italy etc. Do we identify a European as white? No we identify them as from the country they come from. Because Europeans are not some monolithic entity. No one is going to say you're a white supremacist if you say I have French pride. If you say you have white pride them maybe they will. Because you solely have pride in the color of your skin. That's a supremacist position.

edit on 15-7-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

"People of Color" would like to have a word with you....

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Is there such a thing as a white racial identity? There's plenty of cultural identity from different countries. France, Germany, Spain, Italy etc. Do we identify a European as white? No we identify them as from the country they come from. Because Europeans are not some monolithic entity. No one is going to say you're a white supremacist if you say I have French pride. If you say you have white pride them maybe they will. Because you solely have pride in the color of your skin. That's a supremacist position.

Americans aren't a monolithic entity either. We have states and even regions within states that have their own racial and cultural identity. That's just semantics to lean into your next argument. Another thread just posted has a PC approved whiteness chart about it so it clearly is a racial identity.

Pride isn't supremacism, but that's not the point I was making. I never said anything about pride. I said that to call out racism against whites marks you as a supremacist in our current climate of irrational accusations. Much like associating pride with supremacism is irrational. Supremacists all having pride does not imply pride equals supremacism.
edit on 7/16/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

edit on 16-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: grey580

"People of Color" would like to have a word with you....

DON'T RED,BROWN,YELLOW,WHITE LIVES MATTER TOO? IS IT RACIST TO SINGLE OUT ONE RACIAL GROUP AS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Not to mention the simple fact that we've gone from the progress of calling an African American a "colored person" being viewed as an offensive thing to say and largely removing it from most American's vocabulary to now essentially just taking a huge step backwards and blessing the all-too-clumsy "person of color" moniker because progressive politicians required a convenient way to refer to those they pander to with a catch-all term. The progressive, PC culture in the west is a goddamn joke and those who nurture it are clowns.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Isn't the word white just as racists? The term is Caucasian. How about Negro, Spanish for black.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Either human lives matter or they don't. Life matters or it doesn't. You are born with a right to life, or you aren't.

Genetic variation is a hedge against extinction, the ultimate death. IMO, specifying which life matters is part of the cult of death.
edit on 16-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973. More than most wars.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973. More than most wars.

I was making an all inclusive statement about human life and life in general. In this context, a "black and white" statement relating to racism. However, life is life and although infanticide is a harsh term for abortion, a living human embryonic organism that is alive and termination is technically a death by another human hand thus arguably the murder of an unborn infant. Part of the point I was making, that there is no grey area concerning life or death, you live or you die. You can die a natural death from old age, diseases or an accident, or you could get murdered by another human being. Hardly seems like there is a middle ground in that.
edit on 17-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
All I'm seeing is a bunch privileged(which isnt a right apparently) folk who would want to destroy the very process that gave them those privileges trying to look special, and attempting to be relevant.

History should be forgiven, not forgotten, or the sins of the father should not affect the son to sound holier an better than y'all.
edit on 17-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

Wasn't white Jssus, Jewish?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The last several weeks I’ve seen a lot of questions aimed towards the black community, which we certainly can’t expect to be answered on this forum. This roundtable should certainly be the breath of fresh air many on ATS are looking to hear.

In this video, they cover black on black crime, why black men’s leading cause of death is murder, violent crime in black neighborhoods, etc. And guess what? None of it is blamed on the white man. I still haven’t made it all the way through the whole thing but hope to today, I still have about 20 minutes left. These are the discussions the black community needs to be having right now instead of “white man bad”.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Isn't the word white just as racists? The term is Caucasian. How about Negro, Spanish for black.

The term "Caucasian" was used to describe the the different skeletal groupings of humans based on human anthropology.

Caucasian/Caucasoid
Mongoloid
Negroid

Technically, Indians, Arabs, North Africans, and Europeans are Caucasian/Caucasoid.

White people originate they say from the Caucasus Mountains, but so do Turks, Greek, and Kurds.

I have no idea as a Brit why Americans use that term to describe white people.

The genetic mutation that exists in white people, also exists in East Asians and Mongolians. There are blue eyed, red/blonde haired Mongoloids out there.

Basically, not all Caucasians are white and not all white people are Caucasian.

Nick Cannon has been brainwashed by African-American Nation of Islam types who subscribe to some weird idea that a mad black scientist created the white man. He gives this away when he actually says "When they were sent to the mountains of Caucasus", which is what they actually believe.

It's a black supremacy movement that is very dangerous. Believing that essentially the black man is god, the blacker your skin the closer to god you are. It's insane. Even more insane that Nick Cannon believes he can spew this rubbish and get away with it. It's fashionable to hate white people. Just not the Jews.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join