It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this out of the Smithsonian, anti-white Christian non-sense.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The infographic below was posted recently by the Smithsonian Institute about whiteness in America. It was originally published by Judith H. Katz in 1990. With the Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group, Inc. This infographic is being distributed among federal workers at every level right now. It is alarming to me, to say the least. Tell me what you think.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Wow. Talk about racism.

Imagine the same format about "black culture" and "blackness" with a bunch of stereotypes about blacks.

Or "Asian culture" with stereotypes about Asians.

Isn't it incredible how blind people can be to their own hypocrisy?

I suppose I should be offended and triggered because I'm white and there's no "White History Month" or "White Entertainment" network on TV. But I'm not. I just shrug at how ignorant people are and carry on.

edit on 7/15/2020 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not just that but they have the flag positioned incorrectly. The stars go on the left.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Are they saying everything on that list is bad? I see a couple things questionable, but 90% of that would describe my life, a life of hard work earning everything I have.

I take pride in being self sufficient hard worker.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What are the infographics for other cultures in the United States?

Am I to read these items as exclusive to White Culture? Or will I find many of the same concepts on the other Culture
infographics? I sure hope so ... cause I'd hate to be among a Culture that doesn't think being polite is a good thing.

But most of all I'd say who ever created this infographics is living in a very small bubble and has not interacted with the many diverse cultures that have majority light skinned members.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I guess they think having a proper family(wife can work and be breadwinners for all I care) is bad, hard work bad, trying to be your best bad and all the rest.

Whoever come up with the idea for that poster is just plain retarded.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Okay, let's see all the other "races" and compare.
Why does it have to be all about the white man!?
Insert "black"ness and what would happen?

White man bad.

edit on 15-7-2020 by havok because: spelling :MNKY:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Except for "Status, power, and authority," "time," "Aesthetics," and "Communication" I honestly can't disagree with anything on there nor do I find myself at all insulted by it.

It's quite possible the Nordic blood rises where those 4 issues are concerned, as it seems all 4 are in conflict with most other Scandanavians I've ever known... (and I can tell you now, "thin" is not something I associate with a beautiful woman nor do I eat bland food.)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I searched for the title and found it on the Smithsonian Institute website. Tim Pool was discussing this subject today on his IRL podcast so I had to verify the story I was hearing. It was true. I then traced it to the original author back in 1990 Judith H. Katz. She was the one who authored this drivel and I guess the Smithsonian decided to run with it recently. Unfortunately, they are considered authoritative.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You cannot bring everyone up, but you can bring everyone down. Everyone except for a few elite leaders.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What about it do you find alarming?

It says assumptions in the title.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Some of us say NO to hiding good ole emotions.....let run wild, throw em out there.....specially intimacy....oh yeah....makes the day go buy......

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The "infographic" is demonizing the beliefs, attitudes, and culture of the people who built the country. This is truly a special type of idiocy. Were white European settlers supposed to be listening to rap and chillin' with a Hennessy?

Its like saying I want you to bake me a cake, but I'll get mad and be offended if you use sugar, flour, or eggs. Seriously, this stuff is just mind-numbingly stupid. It's funny that people this retarded are out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

This bunch of ideas is being taken up in every level of government. That is what I find alarming. It is like a bunch of decision-makers and bureaucrats drinking poison at the same time. It will harm those without the capacity for critical thinking.

This is the original author. kjcg.com...

edit on 7/15/2020 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The "infographic" is demonizing the beliefs, attitudes, and culture of the people who built the country.

I disagree, actually. Identifying accurate things about me, including stereotypes is only as "demonizing" as I allow it to be. I've said this many times before on ATS, but it bears repeating... I am whatever you say I am, whatever you need me to be, in your mind I am perfectly fine existing that way. For me to say otherwise would mean I cared about the opinions of my detractors, which I do not. Hence, I win, they lose.

It's quite a liberating decision to live your life that way.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It will harm those without the capacity for critical thinking.

How so will it harm them?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Belief in a falsehood erodes the individual of their capacity for discernment. That is ultimately bad for the affected individual and society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So they are implying everything good in society because of White Culture?
edit on 15-7-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

It seems like that is the idea here. It is as if all these concepts are of European colonial origin which I of course think is non-sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'll never get the white people only like bland food stereotype. We fought numerous wars over spices.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join